Chapter XI

A Servant to the Princes

divider.png

It's because.. I can't do that to you if you're my brother!' Jeonghan's mouth went agape and his body went into complete shut down after hearing that.

"Uh... um.. Jeonghan?" Seungcheol asked, waving his hand infront of Jeonghan's face. After hearing his name, Jeonghan's face turned blue, "A...ha..." He laughed nervously before he felt his vision go blurry, his body wobble and a minute later, he dropped down to the ground.

"Jeonghan!" Seungcheol shouted. He managed to catch Jeonghan's fall by wrapping his arm protectively around the latter's waist and the other behind his head.

"Jeonghan!" Seungcheol exclaimed, shaking Jeonghan's body while begging him to wake up. After a while of trying, he let out a sigh when Jeonghan still didn't wake up. The next thing he did was to bent down and gave Jeonghan a piggyback ride home.

"Geez, you didn't have to faint. I just thoroughly embarrassed myself."

'Did I tell him too soon?'

.

When they arrived home, Seungcheol went to Jeonghan's bedroom and carefully placed him on his bed before tucking him under the feathery warm blanket. He then stood there for a couple of minutes, thinking of nothing but staring at Jeonghan's peaceful, sleeping face.

"Hurry and grow up, runt." Seungcheol murmured before turning off the light and walked out of the room.

.

Meanwhile, Mingyu was walking around the house when Jeonghan's door was opened slightly, only to see his brother, Seungcheol came out of the room.

"Hyung! Why were you in Jeonghan's room?" He asked, curious at what his brother was doing in the room. In Jeonghan's room.

"No reason." replied Seungcheol lazily.

"Where's Jeonghan?

"In his room, sleeping."

"Then why did you go into his room while he's sleeping?!"

"I just went in to get something from his room."

"Then what did you get from his room?! Because you look really suspicious!"

A vein popped at Seungcheol's head and a dark aura surrounding him. He was getting annoyed with the questions that he punched the wall hard, making the poor Mingyu to jolt in surprise.

"Shut up!" Seungcheol said in a low dangerously voice.

"Stop asking me these stupid questions! I didn't do anything!" He added, pointing his index finger at the startled boy.

"!" He cursed and turned around to walk away. While Mingyu just stood there frowning and dumbfounded by the situation.

'Weird.. Something must have happened!' He thought and looked at the slightly crack wall that his brother just made.

'But I don't want to ask him. He's too scary.'

 

Next morning 

Jeonghan was scrambling around in the kitchen, pulling out fresh ingredients from the fridge when he saw Seungcheol walking in. Jeonghan smiled and greeted him, "You're awake? Good morning!"

"...." Seungcheol looked at him with a quite speechless expression.

"Auntie already left for work. Would you like rice or bread for breakfast?" He asked. "Oops, I forgot that we're out of bread. So rice for breakfast it is then!"

"Yoon Jeonghan!"

Jeonghan panicked when Seungcheol shouted his name. He didn't want Seungcheol to be mad at him so he quickly took off his apron, "I'm sorry, I'll go buy some bread."

"Do... Do you remember what happened last night?" Seungcheol asked softly. Jeonghan looked up at him and tilted his head.

"Are you pretending not to remember? Or did you really forget?" Seungcheol asked again. He was patiently waiting for Jeonghan's answer, yet he still didn't respond so Seungcheol added, "You're hoping I'll go along with you and pretend that nothing has happened too? You know what, I hate people who play these kind of games!"

"U-umm.." Jeonghan stuttered. "Did I do something wrong? Speaking of which, I don't know how I got home last night either."

'What?!' A look of disbelief spread across Seungcheol's face, as millions of thoughts ran through his mind.

"I just remember being out with Miju until last night then when I woke up this morning, I was in bed at home." Jeonghan stated with a confused look.

"Could it be that I have amnesia?" Jeonghan laughed awkwardly, scratching his head.

Footsteps were heard, walking into the kitchen and stopped right beside Jeonghan, "When a person experiences memory loss, we call it amnesia."

"Jisoo?"

"If a person doesn't have any memory of a certain event, it could be due to psychological shock, or it could just be a memory lapse due to the effects of alcohol on the mind."

'What is he talking about? I don't understand what he's saying at all!' Seungcheol thought, staring at his brother with his eyebrows furrowed.

"In other words, did you drink last night?" Jisoo asked. Upon hearing the question, Seungcheol's mouth and eyes went wide open.

"Er, no. Miju said that it wasn't liquor." Jeonghan answered.

"Stupid, there was probably alcohol in what you drank last night." Jisoo sighed. "Maybe you have really low tolerance."

'What? I finally confessed to him and he can't remember because he was drunk?!' Seungcheol thought, watching at Jeonghan talking with Jisoo from afar.

'No way! How could this happen?' Seungcheol felt a sudden stab of pain deep into his chest. "Ug.." He let out a growl while clutching his poor heart.

"Seungcheol?"

"What's wrong with you?! What's a junior high student doing drinking alcohol anyway?!" Seungcheol bursted out his annoyance and anger. "If you ever drink alcohol again, I'll make you regret you even touched a sip! You're not allowed to drink alcohol for the rest of your life."

'Wow, I guess humans really are capable of self combustion.' Jisoo thought, ignoring his stupid brother.

'He's burning.' Jeonghan thought as he watched Seungcheol in amused.

Later on that day after everyone has calmed down, Jeonghan went out to buy bread, then he went to the school. Seungcheol and Jisoo were at home. They were now in the living room together but sitting separately. Jisoo was reading a book while Seungcheol was doing nothing but thinking.

'Damnit! How could he forget what happened?!' He shook his head and let out a deep sigh.

Jisoo saw that. Seeing his brother like that, he knew something must have happened so he decided to ask, "Hyung.."

"What?"

"Did something happen between you and Jeonghan?"

Seungcheol startled. There was silence for a few seconds, "Um... N-nothing.. Nothing at all happened between us!" He said with a grin, panic rushing over him.

"I'm... just annoyed that his memory is so bad."

"Generally speaking, amnesia occurs when someone experiences something so traumatic and horrible that they have no choice but to forget it." Jisoo said, closing his book.

"What? Horrible and traumatic?"

"In other words, the mind shuts down and tries to forget as a self-defense mechanism."

Seungcheol didn't say anything after that. He walked out of the room and slammed the door hard.

"I knew it. Something definitely must have happened between them." Jisoo murmured, tapping his finger on his chin thoughtfully.

"Hmm, I wonder what it was. I'm so curious..."

.

'Horrible and traumatic, huh...' Seungcheol thought, walking anywhere with hands in his pants' pockets.

'What was so horrible and traumatic about it?'

"!" He cursed loudly and thew out a strong punch.

.

At the school

Jeonghan was having a lunch break. He was at a cafeteria with Miju, "Huh? What about Seungcheol?"

"Yeah, it was like he went nuts... He scared me to death!" said Jeonghan.

"Could it be that someone's fighting him for leader of his school?"

"I don't know what happened, but I just know that he's really scary!"

"I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover, huh? Just by looking at him, I wouldn't think he was a thug."

Jeonghan groaned, placing his head on the table, 'I don't know what happened, but he's been treating me worse than before!'

.

.

-Flashback this morning, after Jeonghan came home after buying bread-

 

"Seungcheol, I made some sandwiches. Would you like some?" Jeonghan asked with a smile on his face. He was carrying a tray of homemade sandwiches when he saw Seungcheol came out of the living room.

But Seungcheol didn't answer and his back was facing him. Jeonghan thought he didn't hear him so he took a step closer and grabbed Seungcheol's arm, "What's wrong? Don't you want to try them?"

What Seungcheol did next, he yanked his arm from Jeonghan's grip and pushed him, causing Jeonghan to let out a yelp and dropped his sandwiches on the floor.

"On no! Why did you do that for?" Jeonghan cried, bending down on the floor to clean up the mess.

"Seungcheol, you!" When Jeonghan looked up, he was met with a cold and expressionless face from Seungcheol before he turned around and walked away, leaving the startled Jeonghan alone in the kitchen.

'No matter how Seungcheol bullied me before, he was never cold to me.'

-End of flashback-

 

'That gaze of his really makes me uneasy.'

Jeonghan let out a deep breath that he had been holding in, "If this goes on, I'll definitely have a heart attack one day."

After the lunch break ended, Jeonghan and Miju went back to their classroom. They packed their bags since their classes are cancelled because all of the teachers were having a meeting soon.

"Oh right, what about what happened last time? About your family officially adopting you?" Miju asked as they walked out of the classroom side by side.

"Seungcheol has been in a really bad mood lately, so no one's dared to bring it up again. Anyway, it's not a big deal whether I get formally adopted or not, since I doubt anything right now would change. It's not important anymore." Jeonghan stated, looking ahead of their way, "What's important is that auntie has always treated me like her own son. That's enough for me."

Miju smiled, "You're right, so cheer up! I hate it when you look so down."

"Thanks, Miju."

"Oh, Jeonghan! Look over there! Cutie at 12 o'clock!" Miju blushed, pointing her index finger at a guy standing beside the school's gate.

'12 o'clock?'

"w-w-what should I do?! He's soooooo my type." Miju squealed.

"How can you tell from this far away? That's beyond normal human vision." Jeonghan chuckled.

"Of course I can! Don't underestimate my radar for cute guys!"

As we got closer, the person who was standing at the school's gate was familiar to my eyes. Very familiar. The guy stood there in his neat uniform, straight neck tie and nicely combed hair.

 

 

 

........!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan gasped, "Jisoo?!"