Scared

Because I Love You

Jinyoung woke up from his slumber, he felt greater today. He took a bath and got ready to school. He took a long look in front of mirror. Tried to find the best hairstyle that looked the best with him. He kept combing, putting a gel, and made a good shape for his hair. He found it weird that he did it as if he would try to appeal someone. Suddenly Mark’s face appeared in his mind.

“No way. I believe that I just want to look different. This is nothing to do with Mark. Right Jinyoung?” He talked to himself. Tried to erase Mark’s face. He ended up with hair-up style. It was not his favorite but people liked it. They always said that he looked the best with this style. After checked the materials for today, he left for school. Didn’t mind to have a breakfast in his house, he just rushed toward the door and gone.

It’s not that he didn’t want to have breakfast at home. But it was that he was not comfortable with the situation. If he ate breakfast at home, it means that he would just sit alone and ate. It felt so lonely and dark. His mother was die years ago left him with his super busy dad. He would prefer to have breakfast at school when he could enjoy the foods with his friends.

He came to school quiet early, considering that he had to take care of his stomach first. He saw Mark was standing in the gate just like yesterday. The blonde guy was wearing thick Jacket while shipping his hand inside his pocket.

So cool. Jinyoung thought.

 “Hi pretty?” Mark saw Jinyoung blushed over his comment. He like it indeed.Mark thought.

“It took ages for me to make this hair. I am not pretty. I am handsome okay.” Jinyoung walked fast tried to not minding Mark’s words. For god sake, can he choose another appropriate word for his appearance? It took him so much effort only to make a good hairstyle. Of course not trying to appeal him. No. Right Jinyoung?

“You looked gorgeous.” Mark said while trying to matched with Jinyoung steps. Jinyoung felt his face was burning. He didn’t know why, somehow Mark’s presence itself changed his attitude. Then his corny line, Jinyoung really couldn’t stand it any longer. He was never acted like this, even with Junho. He was a cool guy before. Yeah, before.

Mark smirked. Satisfied with what he said. It’s not that he said it without he meant it. He meant it. He really meant it. But it was quiet funny to see Jinyoung flustered. Cute. I need to make him like this even more.

“Jinyoung wait!!” Jinyoung was walking too fast. It looked some motor was applied inside his foot.

“What do you want Mark? Didn’t I already give the answer yesterday. You shouldn’t disturb me anymore.” Jinyoug yelling somehow sounded so annoyed. Luckily there was no people around.

“You didn’t expect me to give up easily right? Cause I won’t.”

“Whatever.” Mark grinned, now Jinyoung slower his walked. Maybe talked to Mark could increase his curiosity he thought. “Mark, be honest to me, what is your real intention doing this to me? Why are you so suddenly all around me??”

“mm.. I don’t know, because I love you?” Jinyoung rolled his eyes.  Can he be more serious?

“ I am serious Jinyoung.”  Did I say it outloud?

I know you won’t believe it. But I think it is really love. I feel the urge to protect, to comfort you and to be by your side. Isn’t that love?”

“I hope I can believe you.”

“You can take my words Jinyoung-ah.”

“We’ll see.”

They walked together to the empty canteen. It was 30 minutes before the bell rang. They talked and ate together although it was mostly Mark talked and Jinyoung ate. They didn’t even realize that their friends were a few tables away looking at them suspiciously.

“What’s with them?” Youngje mouthed toward Jinyoung and Mark direction. “Why  Mark sunbaenim so into Jinyoung Jinyoung hyung nowadays? Is there something I left out?”

“No hyung. It scares me too, how Jinyoung hyung the Mr. I hate stranger could be comfortable enough to stay and ate with Mark sunbae only the two of them.” Yugyeom answered.

“Why is Jinyoung hyung Mr. I hate stanger?” Bambam who also joined them asked. That morning only three of them who ate breakfast together. Jaebum was at student council’s room, he told them that he need to do something. They expected to see Jinyoung in the canteen alone, since it was usually like that but after arrived at canteen, they shocked to see that Jinyoung already had another company beside them.

They were going to go to their table before but Bambam suddenly approached them and lead them to another table. Well we know the reason,  it was Bambam anyway.

“Jinyoung hyung is kinda introvert. He only hang out with people that he already comfortable with. “ Yugyeom answered, Jinyoung was not like this, he used to be a social buterfly, but after his mother left him, he became like this. His mom left him too sudden, that day, they even had talked in the morning, they had laughed too but in the afternoon he found his mother was lying on the floor with blood. She felt from the stair. But Jinyoung didn’t believe it he thought there were people who wanted his mother to die and pushed him, it felt like terror because Jinyoung always felt there’s someone who stalked his family. Jinyoung became easily scared. He didn’t trust stranger. He kept surrounding by negative minds. He always got suspicious around stranger. But not around Mark.

 “He didn’t like stranger. And mostly avoided them all the times. He is not even close with council members, aside from Jaebum hyung. He only joined in because Jaebum hyung asked him.” Youngjae added. Bambam felt that he found many facts that he could report to Mark later.

“But he didn’t seem scared over Mark hyung?”

“I know. I found this weird. Maybe he is already comfortable with Mark sunbae. Who knows?” Youngjae answered. They three of them keep putting their eyes on Mark and Jinyoung. Yugyeom and Youngjae is happy that Jinyoung  can be comfortable with people beside their small group of friends but they couldn’t hide the fact that they’re worried.

“Mark hyung really like Jinyoung hyung though.” Yugyeom and Youngjae stared at Bambam. “What? I am serious guys. Mark hyung told me last year.” Bambam said, he was slightly confuse over the others reaction. Mark likes Jinyoung. Not a big deal why so overacting.

The others remain silent for a moment. Until Bambam words finally hit them.

“Last year??!!” “What??” Yugyeom and Youngjae, almost yelled. Shocked was on their voices. Seriously someone who was named as the prince of their school already had an eye for their Jinyoung hyung since last year??!

“Calm guys. Or they could caught us.” Bambam Talked simply.

“So what, we’re not stalking anyway.” Yugyeom replied.

“By the way bam, where’s your Jackson hyung? Why didn’t you with him?” Youngjae asked since it’s weird if Mark the captain could be all around Jinyoung it means that they’re not busy right?! But how can they didn’t hang out together if they’re not busy?!

“He is with his girlfriend. Let’s not talk about him can we?” Bambam replied suddenly sulking. The others knew there’s something behind Bambam sudden sulk but they just drop the topic. They continue ate peacefully, felt the mood alreay changed.

“What time will you go home today? Mark asked. He knew that Jinyoung might be busy since he took the role as vice precident of student council. He often saw Jinyoung went home late of night and Wooyoung would  picked him up.  Yesterday he went home alone, Mark was ready to walked him home but Jinyoung rejected his confession so he decided to back off, he needed to prepare himself again.

“Don’t know. Jaebum hyung might need me in council. Why?” Jinyoung was still busy with his food, but felt a little bit comfortable around Mark. He triend to respond to Mark more often now.

“Nothing, you don’t have anyone who pick you up right?”

Oh right, now there was no one who could pick him up. And helping Jaebum mean that he might stay late at school. And Jaebum wouldn’t be there because earlier he said that he must be home early since Nayeon, his sister was sick and their parents were out of country. .

“I don’t know. I might stay here longer. Jaebum hyung will be back home earlier so I need to finish his task.” Please Mark please walk me home later. Even the thought to walk home alone at night already scared him out.

Mark sighed, a disappointment in his eye. No. “I wished I can walk you home. But I have another practice around 7 this evening.” Jinyoung felt scared already. His hands were trembling suddenly.

“Oh. Okay.” Trying to hide his inner feeling he smiled forcefully.

 

Around 9 p.m Jinyoung finally able to finish all Jaebum’s tasks. Mostly were reports that needed some edits. He was so into the tasks that he forgot that he would walk home alone. He looked outside, it was dark. He was alone in the room but he didn’t scared at all since he felt it was safe to stay in a room. But to be outside? Jinyoung couldn’t handle it. There were too many stranger outside.

Jinyoung was contemplating whether to go home or stay there. Suddenly his phone buzzed. A message was coming.

From: Jb hyung

Are you home already?

 

To: Jb hyung

Going to. Just finish ur job.

 

From: Jb hyung

Alone? Thanks and Sorry?

To: Jb hyung

It seems so. Don’t be.

 

From: Jb hyung

I’ll pick u up. Wait.

 

Jinyoung was relieved that Jaebum woul pick him up but then he remembered that Nayeon wasalone and she was sick. He really need someone to accompany him but Nayeon was not so different with him. She was also a coward.

To: Jb hyung

It’s ok hyung. I could ask yugie or Youngjae.

 

From: Jb hyung

U sure?

 

To: Jb hyung

Yeah.

 

By that Jinyoung put his phone inside his bag. He was not going to call Yugyeom or Youngjae. They were younger that him. It hurted his pride if he asked someone younger to pick him up. Just today. Please be brave nyoung. Just today.

Jinyoung were a bit hesitant. There was a sound of ball came from Basketball court. He knew Mark was there. Should I ask him to walk me home? No Jinyoung you already rejected him yesterday. Where’s your pride. No no no just no. Not Mark.

Jinyoung kepr fighting with his own thought. He didn’t realize that time was keep running. It was 9.30 when he decided to walk home. .

Jinyoung walked so fast. He didn’t want to look around he just focused on his walk. Not minding people stare or what.

It was quiet. Just a few blocks turn left and he would be home. Almost almost almost. He was chanting inside and kept encouraging his own self when he felt there’s someone following him. He was trembling. Heart was beating fast. His face was getting pale. The foot steps behind him was getting fast. That someone was getting nearer. No no no Mom help me. I am scared. He nearly cried. He walked too fast and he kept tripped with his own foot. He felt that someone only one meter away. He wanted to run but his legs already gave up. He felt that someone hand grip his. So tight.

“AAAAAAAAA!!!!” Jinyoung fainted.





not really satisfied with this update but I hope you can enjoy it.
thanks ^^