A Drunken Quest

Today, Tomorrow, and Forever

Drunken Quest: Silence was not an acceptable answer. 

The air was cold, the sky was black, there were barely anyone out this late at night, -er or was it already morning, not like it mattered, because Sooyoung could care less what time it was, all that mattered at the moment was that she needed, no demanded an answer and she wasn’t going to leave until she got one.

Why was his dorm so far away? Should she just forget the whole ordeal? No, she must push on forward. One more night without an answer and she would probably go mad, it was best to get it now. What even made her attracted to him in the first place? He was nothing but an oversized gorilla, who never seemed satisfied with his hair color, had dimples when he smiled, who had dimples nowadays anyway? And he barely spoke, which was why he couldn’t even answer her simple question. All she needed was a yes or no.

He was screwing with her life. Her friends thought she was going crazy, her grades were going down the drain, and most importantly she was getting points deducted at work for her mindless behaviors. She couldn’t think straight, spent most of her time thinking about him when she should have been doing something more productive, like her essay that was due in two days or the project she barely scraped by with a passing grade. Two years she spent crushing on him. Two years! One does not crush on someone for two years. How she ever managed to continue liking him without him ever giving her an ounce of his affection besides as classmates was beyond her.  

What’s worst is when she finally meager up the courage to confess to him, he leaves her empty handed. Not a single word was said to her as he walked passed her as if she hadn’t been standing right in front of him. She had never been so embarrassed in her life and if she was a sensible girl like her father had prayed for when she was born, she would had forgotten about him that very moment, but no she did not have the good fortune to be sensible. If anything, it made him all the more desirable.

 The gold letters of T.S. Hall indicated that she had finally reached her destination.

“Stupid elevator,” she muttered as she climbed the flight of stairs up to the sixth floor. What kind of poor school were they going to that they couldn’t even afford to fix the elevators? Just wait, once she was finished with him she’ll write a letter to the school. The name Park Sooyoung, will go down in history as the savior of this crappy school.

BANG. BANG. BANG.

Junhong opened his eyelids. Why was his pillow hard? Lifting his head up, he realized he had fallen asleep at his desk, no wonder his head was hurting. The constant banging at the door wasn’t helping either.

Who was banging at the door this- he glanced at his clock – 2 o’clock, -early in the morning? Shoving the chair out from under the desk, he opened his bedroom door to hear the constant banging even louder.

It better not be some stupid drunkard playing a dumb prank. The boys on his halls were so immature and he couldn’t wait till he got out of the dorms and into his own apartment. If he was lucky, he could move out by time the next semester started.

“Sooyoung?” Opening the door, he quickly dodged the oncoming fist and was surprised to see the dark haired girl leaning against the side of his door for support.

“You got that right. The one and only Park Sooyoung gracing your ungrateful presence,” she slurred as she pushed herself through the door.

Okay. That was a little uncalled for, but he decided to excuse her since she did not seem like her usual self.

“Yo, who the f*** is banging at the door?” Himchan, Junhong’s apartment mate emerged out from his bedroom, hair disheveled and very annoyed at the fact that he was woken up so early in the morning.

“Who the f****? Who the f***? I’ll tell you who the f**** I am. I’m Park Soo-f***ing-young,” she said as staggered pass Junhong and into the living room where Himchan was standing.

Okay, she was definitely drunk, Junhong concluded.

“Junhong, you know who she is?” Himchan asked as he held out his hand to stop the girl from advancing any closer to him.  

“Yeah, she-“

“I already said who I was,” she interrupted, her arms flinging as she tried her best to punch Himchan who still had her at a standstill with his hand against her forehead.

“Alright since she seems to know you, I’ll let you handle her. She’s drunk as f**** though. You better deal with it soon, you know the rules; no girls after eleven. How the heck did she even get in here?” Himchan scratched his head as he retreated back to his room, after lightly pushing Sooyoung away from him, leaving only Junhong and a now disoriented Sooyoung in the tiny living room.

“Sooyoung,” he breathed again, what was she doing here at this hour?

“You!” She turned to face him, eyes glaring with hatred as her fingers pointed at him.

“Who do you think you are?”

“Excuse me?” She staggered towards him and he wasn’t sure if he should offer his hands to help her or back away from her.

“Who do you think you are?” She repeated, her voice only a few inches away as he opted to stand still, letting her decrease the gap between them.

“You’re just Choi Junhong. You think you can just walk around campus and go make girls fall in love with you? Well, I’m on to you Junhong, we went to high school together and I won’t let that happen again.”

“Yah, I’m Park Sooyoung, I could have any other guy out there if I wanted to yet I saved my heart for you for two years. TWO YEARS, Choi Junhong. Two years I liked you and when I finally confessed to you, what do you do?”

Junhong opened his mouth, “I-

“-you leave without answering me!” She interrupted.

He sighed, this was why he hated dealing with girls. They were always so impatient and complicated, but perhaps this time it really was his fault and as he looked back up at the fuming girl, his heart soften. The look of anger was no longer burning through her eyes, instead staring back at him were the saddest pair of eyes he had ever seen. It was as if she was waiting for an answer she had already come to accept.  

With the faintest of voice, she whispered, “Choi Junhong, do you or do you not like me?”

He felt his hands getting sweating, he didn’t like being put under pressure and if possible he wanted to run, but he had already ran once and look where it had got him; in a worse situation then he had ever imagine. Taking a deep breathe he knew it was time to own up to his wrong doings. He was a coward for running after her confession, but that was what he did; he ran away from his problems, not that Sooyoung was a problem because quite frankly, he was very much smitten by the girl.

“Ye-Sooyoung!”

She never heard his answer, for the moment he opened his mouth she had tumbled towards him unconscious.

Sooyoung turned to her side as she pulled the blanket up under her chin. An unfamiliar scent entered her nostrils but she welcomed it as she was too comfortable under the warmth of the blanket. The rhythmic sound of the shower head echoed in the back ground, making her doze back into a deep sleep.

Wait, who’s using my shower?

Her eyes flutter opened at the realization that she should not be hearing her shower and when her eyes were fully focused, she gasped in horror when she realized her Shinee poster was not staring back at her. Sitting up in panic, she groan when her head throbbed in pain. Now was not a good time to be having a headache, but if she had to describe her pain, it felt weirdly like a hungover.

.

She vaguely remembered going out with her friends last night, remembered getting a few shots together, but she didn’t remember going home with any of them. Her eyes scanned the room, it looked a lot like a typical college dorm room so she had to have made it back to the university, but who’s room was she in? Hayoung? No, Sooyoung had been there before and this was definitely not Hayoung’s room. Yerin? No, Yerin had a lot more class than this shabby little room and then it hit her, she was definitely in a boy’s room. 

Wasting no time she threw the covers off of her and headed for the door, however she couldn’t just leave his bed a mess and went back to fix it. After all, whoever was in the shower had allowed her to sleep on his bed, while he slept on the floor, she refused to think anything else.

There, this should do it, she had repaid his kindness and with a twist of her heels she rush to the door, only she didn’t see the bag laying there and went face first into the ground. Her head shot up when she heard the faucet being turned followed by the sound of water coming to a stop and within seconds she found herself at the door trying to make her escape.

She had no idea what was behind the door, but she figured it was better than waiting for whoever was behind the other door. Opening the door just enough to poke her head through, she scanned the area and noted an empty living room before inching out of the bedroom. A sigh of relief escaped her lips when she managed to close the door without making too much noise, however there was still another door to get through. Tiptoeing across the room she froze when the lights flickered on.

“Who are you?”

Sooyoung cursed her luck. If she ever managed to get out of here alive she promise she would never drink again.

“Uh, hello,” she meekly bowed, refusing to turn her head around.

“I was just going to leave.”

“Ah, you’re the girl from last night. Is Junhong up yet? I thought I heard his shower.”

Last night? Junhong. Shower?

As if a lightbulb had went off in her head, the events of yesterday night flashed through her head and she was mortified with herself. God, was this why Irene was so against drinking? The door to Junhong’s room jingled and Sooyoung knew she had to get out of there quick, bolting for the door she hastily unlocked the bolts and flung the door open.

What the….

Her escape was blocked by some random guy holding a box of chicken who seemed just as surprise as she was.

“Yo Junhong,” she heard from behind her, but made no attempt to turn around. Instead she pushed forward and tried to move pass her current obstacle, but when she moved to the right, he moved to the right and when she moved to the left, he moved to the left.

She groan in frustration at the guy, what was his problem. Here she was trying to get out of embarrassing herself a seco- no, third time and he just wouldn’t get out her way and to make matters worse she thought she felt Junhong’s presence directly behind her.

Minutes later and Sooyoung found herself sitting awkwardly on the couch with Junhong, his dorm mate, the random guy at the door, and the box of chicken sitting on the coffee table.

“Sooyoung, this is Himchan, you met him last night,” Junhong pointed to a pale face male with sharp facial features. “I did?”

“Yah, you tried to punch me last night,” Himchan stated as he swung the drum stick he was munching on as demonstration.

“Ah sorry,” she apologized, though she couldn’t really recall it.

“Jongup,” Junhong continued to the delivery boy who flashed Sooyoung a sweet smile.

“And guys, this is my girlfriend, Park Sooyoung.” 

♥♥♥

Excuse my language in this chapter. Sooyoung was drunk.