Back In Time

Goodbye

Sohyun wishes she could turn back time. Restart at certain points like in a video game. Press reset and begin again. 

But she knows she can never undo the hurt she caused, the betrayal she committed. She can never re-choose the road she started to wander along. No matter how hard she prayed for tomorrow to be kinder.

Not to her but to the suffering Jihyun.

 

***

 

Jihyun was the most beautiful flower Sohyun ever seen. To make the flower even more beautiful, she made sure to give it sun and water. But she never dares to pick the fragile flower, afraid it would wilt and die at her touch. 

So Sohyun left the flower be, praying for it to grow more beautiful so that when she returned she would have the courage to bring it along. But when Sohyun returned, the flower had wilted, and been trampled on. By Sohyun's own carelessness she caused the flower she wished the best for to die. Because of her.

 

***

 

Even though Jihyun still looked weak, she managed to practice the choreography and record her parts in the studio. The members made sure to look after her, but Jihyun didn't seem to want to accept their help. She didn't need their pity. She didn't need them walking on eggshells because of her. 

Jihyun just wanted to heal and bloom again. So she blindly reached out in the darkness for a hand she knew wouldn't be there. But somehow a warm hand welcomed hers. 

Jihyun knew she shouldn't trust her again. But how could she ignore how worried and sad Sohyun looked. How could she ignore Sohyun's prayers that she heard through the walls. How could she ignore the familiar feeling in her stomach. 

 

***

 

Jihyun found herself often taking late night walks. Enjoying the fresh air together with the shining stars and moon. It was reliving and melancholy at the same time. But it was her free time to think. 

Jihyun recalls back to when everything seemed fine.. when she could smile and actually mean it. The tall woman sighed, not knowing shat to do she headed to the han river where she leaned onto the railing and looked down at the blue water. 

"if only I had a time machine" Jihyun mumbles under her breath her heart contracting painfully. "Rewind and restart..." she continued and lifted her gaze from the water down below to the glimmering stars in the sky above.