Forgiven But Not Forgotten

Goodbye

Jihyun forgives, because that's the way she is.

Jihyun cares, alittle too much for her own safety but she still does so carelessly.

Jihyun never forgets it's not in her nature. She remembers exactly how her room looked when she left it. She remembers who helped and who didn't.

Jihyun never forget's a old love. Such a precious thing she keeps close to her heart, so she can gain strength and keep advancing. Towards the future, towards the light.

 

***

 

Sohyun wished she had been stronger. So she could tell her flower the truth. So she could have been the one apologizing not the other way around.

The day Jihyun asked Sohyun for a truce and a new beginning that's when she knew she had lost her. Jihyun forgives not forgets after all.

 

***

 

"Can we just stop all this nonsense for 5 ing minutes?!" Sohyun yelled angrily. Her sanity almost lost in the uncomparible pain. Jihyun didn't flinch, she just looked with her empty, soulless eyes into Sohyun's annoyed ones. 

"What exactly is it you want from me? If love you, you push me away. If I push you away, you love me...what do you want from me?!" Jihyun hissed as she clenched her fists in a attempt to contain herself. 

Sohyun broke the eye contact and stared at her feet in shame. What had she done. Had she hurt and confused the woman so much that a second chance was out of reach. Sohyun shut her eyes tightly and shook her head in denial. No, she shouldn't have. Her heart contracted painfully as if it was being squeezed, crushed. 

"...Just, please... live happily. Pretend I wasn't there to hurt you. Pretend I never loved you.... P-please...j-just..." Sohyun's voice shook so much she wasn't able to finish her words. Too cruel, it was all too cruel. To love but never recive, to want but never reach. To dream but never dare. 

The sight of the younger woman coming undone before her bare eyes ignited a part of herself that Jihyun thought she burried long time ago. The oldest member couldn't resist, hold back. She had to. As if her body moved on its own. The taller woman embraced the younger in a warm embrace. Her hands the sobbing woman's back. 

"How can I ever forget you?" Jihyun wispered her own voice cracking. She blinked a few times rapidly and looked up to hold back the tears threatening to fall. "How could I just pretend like that?" Jihyun wispered a lone tear that managed to escape, rolling down her cheek. 

"I don't forget...." Jihyun continued, her voice shaking more and more with every word she managed to utter. 

 

Sohyun wanted nothing more than for Jihyun to grow and bloom. So she did the only thing that was right. The shorter woman leaned in and placed a final kiss on the leader's soft lips before she managed to speak the words she came to hate herself for. 

"Goodbye"