Coincidence

9월 17일 (September 17th)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Splash, splash, splash.

 

Joohyun stood in the foyer, watching gloomily as the rain came down in heavy torrents. She had to choose today of all days to forget her umbrella. It did not look like it was going to stop anytime soon, so she set her backpack down and plopped onto the ground with a sigh, cupping her cheeks into her palms.

 

From a distance, Hyuna observed the girl, fiddling with the portable umbrella in her hands. She had been meaning to approach Joohyun for several minutes but her legs simply would not move.

 

“Just go over and ask if she wants to share. It’s as simple as that,” she mumbled to herself. Then, exhaling decisively, she prepared to move forward.

 

At that very moment, another girl — one that Hyuna recognized to be someone from the volleyball team — entered the scene. It made her halt in her tracks again to examine the situation. She watched the two talk for a bit before volleyball girl eventually sat down beside Joohyun.

 

They were pretty touchy with each other. Volleyball girl had her arm warmly wrapped around Joohyun’s petite shoulders, and the girl had her head firmly plastered against the former’s shoulder.

 

Shrugging it off, Hyuna decided to approach the pair anyway.

 

As she neared them, Joohyun noticed and quickly stood up to greet her first, “Hyuna unnie!”

 

Volleyball girl rose to her feet slowly, scratching her head, looking slightly annoyed that their time alone had been disrupted, “Who’s this, Joohyun?”

 

“Ah, you’re Seulgi, right?” Hyuna managed to recall after seeing the girl’s face up close. She was the one who accidentally doused the basketball team’s bags with water a couple of semesters ago.

 

Seulgi nodded suspiciously, “Yes. And you are…?”

 

“Moon Hyuna. Basketball. I believe we’ve seen each other around before,” the older girl answered.

 

Upon hearing the word, Seulgi shuddered. She was still not over the fact that the volleyballers were always the ones getting the shorter end of the stick. “Yeah, I think we have. When can we have our share of the court back?”

 

Hyuna chuckled, “I’m sorry, but I think that really isn’t up to me.”

 

“Well, that blows. Guess we’ll just have to get used to suffering in the hot sun every practice session then,” Seulgi said with a grimace.

 

Her words made Hyuna chuckle again, “Um… I guess I’m sorry?”

 

“Don’t be. Just get your competition over and done with ASAP,” Seulgi argued even though she wasn’t sure if she was making any sense.

 

Choosing not to go any further with the low-key bickering, Hyuna nodded, “Okay.” She  then turned to Joohyun, “Heading home?”

 

“Not if this crazy storm persists,” the girl pouted like a child deprived of her daily dose of candy.

 

“Take this,” Hyuna waved her red umbrella in the air.

 

“We’ll find our own way, thanks,” Seulgi dismissed the act of goodwill on behalf of her friend.

 

Picking up Joohyun’s hands, Hyuna forced the umbrella into them, “Both of you can share it.”

 

“Is this some sort of scheme? Is there something i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter