Unexpected

9월 17일 (September 17th)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Guess who!”

 

A slow smile worked its way across Joohyun’s face when she felt a pair of hands covering her eyes from behind. “Sseul?”

 

“Ey, you’re so smart it’s no fun,” her friend plopped down onto the empty space on the study bench beside her.

 

Joohyun chuckled softly as she wrapped a protective arm around the girl’s neck, pulling her close, “That’s because you’re the only person who ever does that.”

 

“Is that… good?” Seulgi tilted her head to the side such that she was facing Joohyun, blinking her large eyes adorably.

 

Pushing the girl away playfully, Joohyun laughed lightly, “Cheeky.”

 

“Come on, don’t act like you don’t like cheeky,” Seulgi rested her head onto her friend’s shoulder and hugged her arm.

 

Picking up a pen, Joohyun asked, “Why are you here? Don’t you have volleyball practice today?”

 

“I got cut from the team.”

 

“What?!” Joohyun whipped her head to the side to look at her friend.

 

“Kidding. They cancelled practice today because I told them I needed to study with the love of my life,” Seulgi answered with a wide grin that showcased two rows of polished molars.

 

Joohyun exhaled in relief and turned back to her textbook, “Oh, you. Quit making jokes like that all the time.”

 

“I just needed to know how much Joohyunnie cared about Ddeulgi,” the girl spoke in a squeaky voice.

 

“Oh my gosh,” Joohyun’s hands flew up to her ears to cover them at once. “No. Bad Seulgi. Do not attempt aegyo ever again, you hear me?”

 

It seemed Seulgi felt the same way, a look of genuine remorse upon her face, “Ugh, why did I even do that? Please feel free to slap me the next time I try something like that. Anyway, practice was cancelled because the basketballers have an important match coming up a couple of weeks from now and have booked the court for the rest of the month. Selfish, aren’t they?”

 

“Why would you say that? It’s not their fault it’s competition season,” Joohyun defended. The volleyball and basketball players apparently had this ongoing feud she simply could not wrap her brain around.

 

Seulgi waved the potential debate off with a flick of her wrist, “Ey, whatever. I’m gonna buy something to drink. Do you want anything?”

 

“No, thanks. Hurry back,” Joohyun squeezed her friend’s cheek and gave her shoulders a gentle push.

 

As soon as Seulgi left, Joohyun spotted a certain someone sitting alone at an empty study bench in one of the corners.

 

Moon Hyuna?

 

It was rare seeing her alone on campus. She was usually accompanied by her girlfriends from basketball. She was texting away on her phone and seemed to be a little annoyed.

 

As Joohyun examined the girl’s mannerisms, she felt the unusual sensation of adrenaline pumping through her veins that made her blood quicken, and her heart started beating faster.

 

What exactly was that feeling?

 

Pretty dumb question because she was old enough to know what infatuation felt like. Still, it was a relatively new experience for her.

 

A tiny voice in her head urged her to approach the girl just to say hello. It was no big deal, right?

 

Yeah, sure, it wasn’t a big deal at all, going up to somebody you had a colossal crus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter