Valentine’s Day

9월 17일 (September 17th)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as basketball practice ended that day, Hyuna seized her duffle bag off the bench and bent to whisper into Erin’s ear, “We should scoot before those girls come any closer.”

 

“Too late, babe,” Erin suppressed the urge to laugh at the look on her friend’s face as a bunch of crazy kids dashed towards them.

 

“Hyuna unnie! We love you!” One of them screamed along the way, waving a huge banner with her name on it.

 

Hyemi spit out her drink at the sight and bumped Sungah's arm with her elbow, “Yah, look!”

 

“Well, I’ll be damned… they’ve really upped the crazy scale this year…” Sungah's lips tugged into an amused grin.

 

“Hyuna unnie! This is for you!” Cards, roses, and random gift boxes were enthusiastically into the older girl’s hands as she struggled to carry them properly.

 

“T-thank you,” Hyuna managed amidst the awkwardness of the situation.

 

Yes, it was that blessed (or wretched) time of the year again — February 14th, Valentine’s Day.

 

A jealous Minha stepped into the small congregation of girls with her arms folded, “Yah, Hyuna unnie isn’t the only pretty girl here. Where are our presents?”

 

“Here, help yourself to some of mine. I’m sure there’s more than enough to go around,” Hyuna joked, and the fangirls giggled in amusement.

 

After a good fifteen minutes of girls asking for pictures and numbers, Erin finally stood up to intervene. Draping an assuring arm over her friend’s shoulders, she declared, “Okay girls, come on, time to break it off. Hyuna unnie has had a long day and she needs to get her sweet little home.”

 

The crowd soon dispersed and Hyuna heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“Somebody’s really popular,” Kyungri teased as she helped the girl pack all of her gifts into a huge bag.

 

“As always,” Hyemi commented, snickering at the thought of the ridiculous fan banner. “Hyuna unnie! Hyuna unnie! We love you!”

 

“Aish, stop it, you guys,” Hyuna scratched the back of her neck, obviously embarrassed.

 

“Hyuna unnie! Can I get a kiss?” Sungah pouted her lips and leaned towards the unsuspecting girl.

 

“Yah,” Hyuna ducked and narrowly escaped.

 

“Alright, alright. That’s quite enough. My stomach’s calling out for food. Let’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter