Chapter 3

The New Shinkengers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura’s POV
As we walked through the door, we saw that my mother was waiting to welcome us home. She looked up from whatever she was doing, her smile fell as noticed the state we were all in. “What happened? Where is Tadashi?” 
Unable to form an answer, I looked at Miyuki. She hung her head and said, “Something happened. We all need to talk.” 
My mother got to her feet at once and helped Tsukiko get off of Miyuki’s back. “We should treat your injuries first.” 
She called for the kuroko to come and help with that, but Miyuki started to walk toward the exit leading toward the gardens. 
I stopped her just before she could open the door. “Where do you think you’re going?” 
Miyuki put on a brave face and said, “You guys should get treated first. My injuries aren’t too bad and I need a moment alone.” 
I looked at the burns on her arms and back, “Aren’t that bad? You’re kidding right?”
She slid open the door, making it clear that she had no interest in talking about what happened or hearing what I had to say. But before she could even make it out the door, I grabbed her arm and pulled her back inside. 
She winced and yelled out in pain. “What did you do that for?!” 
I looked at her like she was crazy, “Because you’re being stupid!” 
Unconsciously or not she slowly started making her way towards me. “Oh I am, am I?”
Miyuki had never acted this way towards me before and it scared me. Trying to stand my ground I said, “Yeah, you are. /lowers my voice so that only we could hear/ Tadashi didn’t die protecting us just so you could risk your health. Think about us (your family), we’re just worried about you. How do you think Tsukiko would feel if she woke up to find you still covered in burns?” 
She tried to keep the anger out of her voice, but it showed on her face. “Don’t you think I know that? All I wanted was a few minutes by myself, but whatever, I can do that later.” 
She pushed past me and started to walk toward the kuroko, but my mother stopped her. From the look on her face and the tears in her eyes, I could tell she heard us. She put her hand on Miyuki’s shoulder and said, “Five minutes, go calm down.” 
She looked at my mom and nodded. Then turned around and walked past me closing the door on her way out.  
I looked at my mom angrily, “Why did you let her out without bandaging her up?”
She hugged me from the side trying to comfort me. “Honey, I know you’re worried about her, but she just lost her brother. Give her the time that she needs to sort everything out, okay?” 
I sighed and nodded. “I hate when you’re right.” 
She smiled a bit. “Well, I usually am. /breaks the hug to check on Tsukiko/ Make sure to apologize when she comes back inside.” 
I nodded and rested myself on the wall. “Yes mom.” 
The kuroko had just finished bandaging my tiny wounds as she opened the door. “They’re done with me, it’s your turn.” 
She nodded and sat down next to me. I could tell she didn’t cry, but was trying her best not to. I put my hand on hers and started to apologize. “I’m so so-...” 
Before I could get another word out, she cut me off and squeezed my hand. “Don't apologize. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be neglecting my health and I shouldn't have let my temper get the better of me.” 
I shook my head. “No, this is a delicate situation and I should've handled it better.” 
We sat in silence for a few minutes as they continued to clean her injuries and wrap them up. Finally, I broke the silence and asked her a question that we needed to address as a team. “So, what are you going to do?”
She looked at me confused. “About what?” 
“Tsukiko doesn’t want to be red anymore, right? What are you going to do?” I asked quietly.
She tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter