Chapter 2

The New Shinkengers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Since the age of 7, Sakura (Kaoru & Genta’s daughter) Tadashi, Miyuki, and Tsukiko started their samurai training. When Tadashi and Miyuki turned 13, they received a visit from Tanba and Hikoma sensei. Tanba and Hikoma sensei both heard that another Gedoushu clan was developing and that the children would need to figure out whose shodophone each one would be taking and who would be the new Tono.

Now this is where life started to become hard for young Miyuki. Being the surprise twin, Tanba didn’t really like her. In fact, he viewed her as nothing more than an accident that happened to be born. In his eyes, Sakura should be the rightful Tono because she’s Kaoru’s daughter by blood and not adoption. But to his dismay, Sakura wanted nothing more than to become her father’s student and take over the Shinken Gold powers.  But because there were now two shodphones for Shinken Red, they decided to have a competition between all the kids to see who deserved the power. Tanba noticed how Miyuki was a natural when it came to mojikara and fighting, he knew he had to eliminate her from the competition. The day they were all supposed to compete, Tanba took Miyuki aside and told her how she was never going to command respect from the new samurai team because she was a mistake that should not have been born and that she would ultimately lead the team to their deaths, etc.

After their “talk” Miyuki withdrew herself from the competition. No one really pushed her about her reasons for not going through with it, but her family could tell that something changed about her.  She seemed more reserved than usual and less talkative. But regardless of what was happening they still needed to be trained, so each went to their predecessors. Tadashi and Tsukiko went with Takeru & Kaoru, Sakura went with Genta, and Miyuki went with Kotoha. Everyone seemed to be making progress with his or her new powers except Tsukiko. It wasn’t that she wasn’t a very skilled warrior, but whenever she had to use the red shinkenger’s power it didn’t come naturally. She really had to work hard to produce half of what Tadashi could. Takeru didn’t really think much of it and figured she just needed more practice, but Kaoru felt differently. Kaoru thought that Tsukiko was having a hard time because she wasn’t meant to be the red shinkenger, but kept it to herself for the time being.

Tsukiko usually spent most of her time practicing and one-day things went very wrong. She was trying to do an attack that involved fire and it randomly went flying into a nearby building setting it on fire. Knowing that there were people trapped inside, Tsukiko, Sakura, Miyuki and Tadashi rushed to their aid.

Tadashi’s POV

As soon as we arrived, I noticed that there was no way to put out the fire safely. “We can’t put it out. We’re going to have to go in and get all the people out before the building gives way. Even if it means risking our own lives.”

We all looked at each other and nodded in agreement before running inside. While in the building, it was tough. I could feel the sweltering heat coming from the flames. But we managed to get everyone out before the building was destroyed or so we thought. As the building was beginni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter