Chapter 18: Freedom? Not really!

One Reason Why I'm Not Saying 'I Do'

Jung _____’s POV

The next day after work, I didn’t even see Taehyung anywhere near my sight. That morning, I didn’t even smelled his usual cologne and once I had my feet in the mansion that late evening, there was no sign of him at all. It seems like he has totally vanished from this house and I just heaved a relief sigh. Good. At least he will never be anywhere near my sight and I will never need to face him ever again. If this keeps on going, by the end of my stay here we both can just say that we don’t like each other and the marriage shall be canceled.

...

One day without him was really good. Two days? Three days? It was superb! In fact it was excellent to not see him anywhere in the house and there was not even a single trace of him at all! But after a total of 9 days without a single trace of Kim Taehyung... I felt really lonely. My life was basically dull and boring. My daily morning routine has always been with Taehyung who would constantly disturb my morning peace and I have to say that I get the freedom I’ve been waiting for but when I was alone drinking my morning coffee in the kitchen for 9 days straight...I just miss his presence. If only he would be there, just standing right in this house would be fine.

Okay, fine! I just miss him alright!!! And don’t ask me why I miss him so badly like that because I don’t even know what is wrong with me lately!!! GAHHHHHH!!! Why am I like this?!!!!!

...

So here I am, sitting in this huge and quite living room watching my Kim Soo Hyun’s drama as I munched a piece of cracker. It was half an hour past 9:00pm and my eyes have been wandering to the huge wall clock on my left side for like every minute interval and there still not even a single movement on the main entrance doors nor the garage! I blew a huge sigh before I popped another piece of cracker into my mouth and just concentrated on my drama. Somehow, this good looking Kim Soo Hyun felt so dull and boring for the very first time in my life.

Two hours after that, nothing changes except the fact of the drama has ended long time ago and I’ve also finished a whole box of crackers by myself! I scratched the back of head and switched off the TV and just sat there, doing nothing. When I didn’t felt like sitting on the couch, I lowered myself and lie flat on my back and just stared at the perfectly white ceilings and the cute little chandelier right above my head and my mind went instantly to thinking of Kim Taehyung.

“If you think what I’d said back in the restaurant was just a joke, then that one kiss I gave you was a sign of how I wasn’t joking at all back at that time. I will repeat it to you hundred times if you want to and I can say it right now too! I lov...”

That one last word that he was about to say to me...but I cut him. Why did I said those harsh words to him anyway? That I didn’t want to talk to him? Well that’s because I didn’t want to hear anymore lies from his mouth such as “You look really beautiful today, _____.” and “Let’s go out on a date. I’ve never went to a date before.” Those words were all lies and I shall never put my heart on bet, just because he said those words to me. NEVER!

“But...what if everything he said to me was true? What if it was his real feelings...?” I asked to no one in particular as I stared at the ceilings and I quickly shook my head at that thought. Because I’m pretty sure this old yet new feeling deep inside me feels exactly the same on how I felt towards Taehyung 7 years ago. Without knowing, I have fallen for him but I just can’t! He is a jerk and he will always be a jerk! “No way. He is THE Kim Taehyung and he will never ever be serious in anything! He is a jerk, remember Jung _____?!!” I retorted to myself and before I know it, my eyelids felt heavy and the next thing I saw was Kim Taehyung’s face, right above me. In my dreams, of course.

...

Kim Taehyung’s POV

“V, yah. I know how comfortable my house is but I would really appropriate it if you just go home already.” Jimin sighed out loud to me as I rolled onto his bed, causing his mattress to turned from perfectly neat to a huge mess. I turned to him who was standing right at his bedroom door and said, “What? I can’t hang out with you now?” and he huffed another sigh. “No, I’m not saying that. What I meant was you have a house, totally bigger than mine and here you are rolling on my precious bed, for nine days straight already!” He shrieked out and it was my turn to heaved a sigh.

“Why are you even running away from your own house anyway? Did you fight with _____?” He then asked before he plopped next to me on the bed and grabbed the remote control for his bedroom TV. Remembering back 9 days before, I actually barged into Jimin’s penthouse and made this poor little kid to jumped the hell out when he saw me in his shower room. He thought I was a ghost or something before he saw me in the shower room and luckily I was just brushing my teeth at that time. At least I didn’t die from choking when he threw the shower doors opened with a badminton racket!!!

“Um? _____? Nah...nothing. I’m just bored living in that house.” I lied and Jimin just rolled his eyes and of course this friend of mine didn’t believed me at all. He knew me more than anyone! “No man. You’re still my best friend but tonight, I’m sleeping alone in this bed and you should go and find your own bed.” Jimin said and I just heaved a sigh at his words. “Ah, Jimin! Just one night, okay? One more night and I promise I will...” but he cut my words with, “NO! This bed is mine and you can go to your mansion and solve your own problems!” and I just tried to kill myself by choking myself with his pillows.

Well, before he gave me a big slap on the head and pulled his pillow away! “Kim Taehyung! Get yourself together will you?! This is your worst side ever in your 21 years old of life I’ve ever seen! Running away from your problems and expect what? Expect the problems you caused or whoever caused it to solve by itself?! You’re the CEO of Kim Worldwide Enterprise for real, man! Where’s your confidence?!” Jimin lectured me and I just sat there, hissing in pain. This guy how dare he slapped my head!!!

“AHH FINE!!! I’m leaving now! BYE!!!” I shouted before I stormed my way out from his bedroom, and out from his penthouse! Leaving Jimin, shaking his head at my actions.

...

That night, I reached my mansion almost midnight time and I slowly opened the doors and I was on my way to the lift when I saw _____’s figure, sleeping on the couch? I slowly made my way there and sure enough, she was deep asleep with one hand over he forehead, breathing slowly as I stared at her peaceful sleeping face. Sleeping or not, she was sure pretty in both states. Never failed to make my heart fluttered. Then I noticed that it was cold in the living room and I had to stopped and think for a second whether should I carry her to her room or not?

_____ was indeed a deep sleeper but she already warned me about not to make her talk to her nor me talking to her! So all I did was grabbing her comforter from her bedroom and made my way down there back and tuck her in. Then I switched off the lights and stared at her for one last time, after 9 days without looking at this very beautiful face I’ve been longing for before I head my way to my own bedroom hoping that she will sleep well that night.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yes another update for today! Thank you for reading and do subscribe and leave some comments below! I need to know if you guys enjoy my story or nah, haha.