We Always Have Time To Figure Out

We Always Have Time To Figure Out

Coups: well, she agreed J

HJS: congrats, congrats, congrats!

HJS: don’t forget pull out your best look!

Jisun is tired. She’s tired of faking all of this. Her cheers for S.Coups or Seungcheol, her so-called best friend. Seungcheol just talking about this girl whom he just asked out for a date and, of course, she’ll agree. No one can resist Seungcheol’s charm.

Including Jisun.

Actually Jisun is very uncomfortable with this feeling. At one side, she’s Seungcheol’s best friend for almost 3 years and Seungcheol always trust her by telling her all his stories and secrets. But at the other side, Jisun likes Seungcheol more than just a friend. She feels comfortable with Seungcheol, she likes being Seungcheol’s accompany, and she likes him as a man.

Jisun sighs and rolls on her bed. It feels wrong and hurt at the same time. She have no choice other than hide her feeling. Or else, her relationship with Seungcheol won’t be the same anymore, and she wouldn’t let that to happen.

She can bear with her broken heart, but she can’t bear if their relationship is the one that broken.

 

---

 

“Just let him go.” Deera says bluntly.

“What?”

“I said, let him go. You don’t deserve to be his side forever with this kind of feeling. It’s unhealthy. Sooner or later he’ll let you go too. He’ll be happy with another girl and you… well, let’s say he’ll forget you.”

Jisun feels a pang in her heart. “But he didn’t do that.”

“Let me ask you something, did he ever introduce his girlfriend to you?”

Jisun thinks. At least Seungcheol has been in relationship for like hundred times and none of those girls were introduced to her. Jisun shakes her head.

“Nah, that’s what I’m talking about. He’s too busy with his girl and of course he can’t introduce you as his best friend, or his girl will be jealous to you and he won’t let that happen.”

Jisun exhales. Everything that Deera’s says might be true, but why does she feels so broken heart now? Even if it’s just words, it’s already hurt her to death, what if it’s really coming true? She can’t imagine how broke she would be.

“What should I do now?”

Deera sips her lemon tea. “Don’t cheers for him anymore. Just be his basic friend.”

Somehow Jisun got a flashback at the first time her and Seungcheol met. Seungcheol was a transfer student and he happened to be seated beside her. She was so happy because she fell for Seungcheol at the first sight. But then the next day, she found Eunji as her chairmate.

“Why are you here?” Jisun asked, unpleasant.

Eunji nudged her head to the side. “Mingyu asked me to change a seat so he can seat with Seungcheol. You don’t mind, do you?”

Well, do I look like I have another choice? Jisun thought. She always took a glance at Seungcheol for the rest of the day. Of course Mingyu will asked Seungcheol to sit with him. Both of them got really close in just a couple of hours yesterday. Boys are always like that.

One day, at P.E class, Seungcheol came to Jisun and said sorry because he changed his seat with Eunji.

“Mingyu decided himself and… You don’t mind, right?” Seungcheol had this very sorry look in his face.

“Oh, it’s okay. It’s Mingyu, anyway. No one can stop him to act the way he want.”

Seungcheol flashed a bright smile. “I’ll treat you ice cream after school, call?”

And after that day they became closed to each other. Seungcheol would asked her to go somewhere or walked her home. She also became comfortable with him that she can threw jokes and hit him playfully. Everything seems okay until one day, at Jisun’s home when they got paired up for school’s project, Seungcheol asked her about Seolhyun.

“You know Seolhyun, right?” Seungcheol asked.

“Yeah, she happened to be my junior high’s friend. Why?”

“Can you introduce her to me? I’m kinda… like her…” Seungcheol rubbed the back of his head.

Jisun had no choice but to introduce him to Seolhyun. 3 weeks later, turned out that they were dating each other and Jisun’s world started to crumble down. It only lasted three month because Seolhyun cheated on him and Jisun thought that she still had chance. But Seungcheol kept on telling her that he met this girl, likes that girl, date this girl and so on.

Soon after Jisun realized that she is no other than his friend. He never feels the same way as Jisun’s do. And as always, Jisun had no choice other than being his good friend and it goes like that for these past nearly 3 years.

 

---

 

Coups: hey, I just want to tell you that Soojung and I are dating now

Coups: haven’t heard from you for couple days

Coups: where are you?

Jisun scoffs and throws her cellphone to her bed. It’s been 3 weeks since the day that Jisun decided to ignore Seungcheol’s message. At first, she always replied it with ‘k’ or ‘oh wow’ and other short words, but now, she completely ignores his messages.

Even at the school, Jisun only nodded her head when Seungcheol told her about his date. Jisun always refused every time Seungcheol asked her to go somewhere after school. She can tell that Seungcheol is disappointed but Jisun don’t cares.

But honestly Jisun also feels empty. She misses Seungcheol. She misses the times they laugh at each other’s jokes, or the times that they fought over little things but soon they’d get over it. But she’s a human too. She has feelings. She can’t bear the pain anymore. She can’t fake her smile anymore.

Jisun takes a night walk to refresh her mind. The air feels so good tonight. When she passes a convenient store, she get in to get some refreshment. But to her surprise, she meets Seungcheol.

Both of them end up sitting in front of store. Seungcheol sips her coffee and Jisun feels uneasy. Why they have to be meet like this? When thing is getting awkward between them.

“Aren’t you going to talk?” Seungcheol says. Jisun stay silent. “Okay, then I’m going to talk first. Ask you, actually. What did I’ve done wrong to you?”

“You did nothing wrong.” Jisun answers calmly.

“Then why are you ignoring my messages? Look, you even bring your phone right now. And I barely seen you at school. Are you ignoring me?” Jisun can feels hurtful at his tone.

“No, I’m not ignoring you. Look, Seungcheol, I’m…” Jisun her lips. “There’s… some things happened and it confuses me and I just can’t think straight so I-“

“What is it?”

“What?”

“What are the things that make you feel… everything that you just say? Tell me.”

“About that… I can’t tell you…”

“Why? Why is it like I always tell you everything but it also feels like you don’t tell me anything?” Seungcheol looks sharply in to Jisun’s eyes. “Tell me one reason why can’t you told me.”

“Because…”

“You like me, right?”

Jisun turns her head to Seungcheol. He has still his serious face, means he’s not joking. But… how come he knows it?

“Yes, yes, I like you. Then why? I can’t like you?”

Seungcheol exhales. Actually he knows from Deera. Seungcheol asked Deera about why Jisun seems ignoring him for these few days and Deera casually told everything, include about Jisun’s feeling towards him.

“Jisun, you always nice to me. You’re kind, you’re smart, you’re… I can’t even ask for more from you. You’re always there whenever you need me and you always trust me. I always like it whenever you make me laugh. But for these past few days, you’re nowhere to be seen. We barely talked and went out after school like we always did, and I always eat my lunch with Mingyu and his friends. I’m… I’m lost without you...”

Jisun don’t even dare to look in to Seungcheol’s eyes right now.

“I miss you…” Seungcheol continues his words and Jisun’s face lifts up to him. “I don’t even know if I like you or no but one thing I know is… I need you back in my life. But we always have time to figure out things, right?”

“No, Seungcheol, don’t. You don’t have figure out anything about your feelings to me, just… just stay at what it used to be.”

“But I want to! That’s the least thing I can do for you. I can’t bear the pain anymore, I’d rather be with you.”

Jisun finally smiles at his words and hugs him, but then pulls away quickly.

“What is it again?” Seungcheol asks.

“Don’t you date that… who? Soo-who?”

Seungcheol let out a nervous laughs. “I’m… I never dated her. Of course we went on a date, but… turns out that she’s a big no. She can’t even eat those street food like we used to!”

“Wow, she’s completely at lost because she’ll never get the taste of heaven!”

“Speaking about street food… What about we eat that right now for our first date?”

Jisun’s cheeks blushing over the ‘our first date’ words. Seungcheol finds it cute and pinches her cheeks.

“Let’s go! The seller won’t wait forever for us!”