#03. The Photo-shoot Session

Versus

 

The drink in the mug was stirred anti-clockwise. She looked up the starry night adorning the window. She continued to stir continuously.

What could have gone wrong?

She pondered. 

Something must have happened between them. Judging from what happened that day, she could at least expect that something upsetting must have happened that made Hyunki so bitter about him. But, what is it?

Being twins does not mean you know everything about each other. As you grow up, the lesser you share about each other. She wondered. She had forgotten since when her twin began to be secretive to her. Privacy eh? Hmmm. Even twins have their own privacy and their own spaces. She understood that.  There is a tiny line that differentiates between privacy and being secretive; that’s what she still confuse about. Should she bother to ask or just wait for her twin to spill everything?

She was so keen to ask her. But she just could not force herself to, since they just had a quarrel a few days ago. And her mood was getting better too, there was no way she could ruin it for her twin. Aish, what should she do? Maybe banging her head to wall would give better solution. Huh, that’s crazy.

“Soojin-ah!”

Huh, speak of the devil.

“Neh?” she turned her head to the caller.

“I thought you already passed out in the kitchen,” somehow the anxious voice sounded relief.

“So you’re worried about me…” a crook smile crept to her face.

The twin rolled her eyes, “The movie is about to start in two minutes.”

And she smiled winningly after her sister left.

 

Two pairs of eyes were fixed over the television screen.

It’s Friday night, baby.

And it’s time for movie marathon for both of them.

“Good grief, he’s a gay!”

“He’s such a good hunk. He played it well as Japanese too.”

“What, I don’t remember it?”

The popcorns changed hands.

“You know, the Japanese guy who makes waffle in Coffee Prince.”

“Ahh, that one?” Eyes were still fixed over the television screen.

“Dang, Jeon Jihoon is so good at being cocky bastard!”

Sisters’ moment, Soojin smiled to herself. Something you could never trade over. She was so determined to find out what happened between her twin and Taemin. Well, she would let it slip this time. There is always next time.

Damn, these two need help.

 

She glanced at her twin.

Her twin glanced at her back.

And she too, glanced back.

After a few times of exasperate exchanged of glances, the first one gave up. She smacked her forehead, shaking her head before she pushed her twin to go inside. You can’t say no to me, Soojin smirked alone.

Annyeong!” she raised his palm at them in awkward way.

“Both of you are late!” a guy with blond hair and bangs covering his eye appeared in front of them with arm akimbo.

K-key oppa?” Hyunki stuttered.

“Yes, I heard you’re so hard to cooperate with?” he ruffled her hair with a cheeky smile worn over his face.

“I don’t know you’re in the same college as my sister,” she muttered, smiling back sheepishly.

“Well, save the talk. Why don’t we have a seat over there?” he pointed to a corner where there was a table and a guy was sitting there. He was sipping his coffee. There’s no point guessing who, grunted Hyunki as she could already tell who the person is from his body posture.

She took a seat in front of him, with the guy called Key and her twin taking a seat at her left and right side.

“Whoa, what is this place? Your own studio?” Hyunki asked as she craned her neck to look around the place.

“Yeah, you can say something like that,” he simply simpered, looking rather satisfied with Hyunki’s astonished expression.

“Well, you should’ve said earlier, Soojin-ah!” she punched her twin’s arm lightly.

“Pffftt, you’re the one who won’t listen to me,” Soojin made an annoyed face. She rubbed the part that got hit by her twin while making faces.

“So let’s get started, shall we?” Key, Soojin and Hyunki looked at each other when the voice uttered.

Well, Hyunki completely forgot about his existence. Now that she was here it suddenly dawned on her; they have to work together for this project!

Taemin was staring at them with a grin creased over his face.

 

The charity event will be held for three days which is Friday, Saturday and Sunday next week. First they went into photo shooting session. The pictures taken will be used in the brochures for Fashion Design Course students’ fashion show on that event. There should be other two students who will also be getting involved in the photo shoot but they did not arrive yet. That was what Key said to both Hyunki and Taemin.

Nevertheless, both of them needed to change their clothes according to the theme and photo shoot together. It was awkward at the first time. Hyunki was restless to cooperate with Taemin but after a few times being scolded by Key for her cold statuesque posture, she finally was able to act naturally around him.

It was fun, actually.

In the middle of the photo shooting session, something funny happened.

A cute dainty girl came up and started hitting Taemin for ignoring her calls, or something similar to that.

And Key came up to calm the situation.

“Rin noona, that’s not your dear Yejun. So stop chasing and hitting him around for ignoring your calls.”

“Do you expect me to believe your bluff this time?” she wrapped her body with both her arms and pouted.

Taemin then took out his student identity card from his wallet, bowing and shoving it at her at the same time while introducing himself, “Lee Taemin imnida.” He still managed to put a smile nonetheless what she did previously.

She was so surprised she bowed non-stop and promise to treat all of the people in studio after they finish the photo shoot session for the ruckus she had made.

It turned out that she is a final year student of Fashion Design course. Hyunki was so surprised she could only gaped and halt her jaw from dropping to the ground when she heard it from Key. She looked like a high school student! And the dear Yejun that Key mentioned previously is her boyfriend. He is a model and agreed to help her for this charity event.  Key said Yejun was also hard to cooperate with. Because he is a model, he always acted like some kind of superior and expected great treatment from them. Rin noona was having a hard time because of her boyfriend.

“Let’s go, Soojin.”

“Where’s the fire?”

“Every weekend, our family have a dinner together. No one should miss it,” Soojin explained briefly.

“Great, can I join?”

“It’s family occasion,” Hyunki hissed.

“Then I should join.”



 

 

AUTHOR'S RANT;

After ages I stop writing, I'm here again. My another trial and error. LALALALA . Please comment. *offer you cookies*