#01. The Romeo & Juliette

Versus

Oppa!” 


I walked closer as I saw her waving her hand at me. She took my hand and shoved me to sit beside her…which I found myself sitting opposite someone familiar. 

“Yah! Stop calling me oppa!” I smacked her on her head with the book that I found on the table. I glanced at the person who sat opposite me as I heard a scoffing sound. I threw a displeased look as I discreetly asked her, “Who is she? What is she doing here?” 

And to my dismay, they both burst into laugh just after I mumbled out what’s bottled in my head.

“WHAT?” I glared at both of them with a puzzled look. “Is it that hil−”

“Hyunki-ah, I know I’m prettier than you but, how could you not recognize me?” said that person in the most narcissistic way with the most annoying smirk hailed over the face.

Pfft, why did this person’s narcissistic remark and annoying smirk remind me of someone I don’t want to remember?

I stared at that person. I looked at that person thoroughly, from above to bottom. Shoulder length almost reddish hair, fair skin…that anorexic body…OMO!

“Juliette?” I gaped.

“Romeo,” a cold tone was heard. Offended…? Perhaps. 

I grinned foolishly as a stupid idea barging my mind. Heh.

“To what occasion that bring you here, my lady? And you not wearing gown are kinda odd, y’know? Too bad...” I sighed and portrayed a disappointed look.

“I’d prefer you in gown as you look cuter that way…” I pinched that cheek and stuck my tongue out cheekily.

YAH!” 

Aww, cute! Look at that reddened ears. 

“My bad,” I gave an apologetic look with a smirk.

“Look who’s talking here. Wearing that Indiana hemp skull ring with that girly curl is the worst fashion disaster…ever,” after sitting down, he lashed back at me. 

“LEE TAEMIN!” I bit my bottom lip as I had to mention that name again.

“That beautiful name sounds so much like me. Ah, it’s me after all! Waeyo, Song Hyunki?” he smirked. Yes, that’s you and narcissist is your middle name. Grr…

“Okay, calm down guys,” she came in between us.

“None of your problem, Soojin!” both of us shouted at her.

“Guys, you are no longer in high school, remember? So stop fighting like you are still a high school kid,” she said again.

I heaved out a heavy sigh.

“What brings you here, Taemin?”

“Ask your twin,” he rejoined shortly after that.

I threw my twin sister double-jerk brows along the questioning look.

Somehow, my stare was stuck to that uhukprettyuhukfaceuhuk. Geez, just by looking at his annoying face, those creepy memories started haunting me again. Two years. It has been two years I left high school but, my story with him is never an ending story. God, how could I not forget those memories? Being paired up in a drama play with him…was given a role as ROMEO while he was given a role as a freaking beautiful Juliette of Honor. It’s an unforgivable sin that our seonsaengnim had done to us. Spoke to her, complained that I won’t do the drama but the respond was merely a scoff. 

And the result of the drama play is? Haha, it turned out to be a total disaster. I could still remember seonsaengnim’s face with the ending that Taemin and I revamped accidentally. Got a taste of popularity after that, as the drama play became a talk in the school…for awhile? Nah, the juniors are still talking about it when they bumped into me in the college. Those “Aren’t you the one that bring the role of Romeo in the drama play?”, “Look, it’s the unnie that bring the role of Romeo in the drama play…” and “Omo, it’s the Romeo unnie!” sentences were enough to drive me crazy and rendered me to run away and hide each time I meet my ex-high school mates and juniors. 

And after that drama play, my relationship with Taemin was no longer like we used to be. Fighting over small stuff each time we bumped into each other and calling each other names became my daily routine after that…but, not anymore. To be completely honest, I kinda missed high school. Being a college student tired the hell out of me. 

I sighed, again.

“Yah, do you hear me?” Soojin’s voice smacked me back to reality.

I blinked my eyes for a few times, only to find both of their gazes fixed over me. 

“Don’t tell me you have fallen in love with me,” he muttered with a devilish grin instilled over his face. 

“In your dream, Lee Taemin,” I shot him my killer glare, hoping that it has some magic power that could turn him into a frigging ugly toad.

“Hyunki-ah, please stop glaring. It’s not as if it could turn Taemin into a toad,” Soojin grinned widely like she can read my mind. Aigoo, this girl! 

“A toad? Are you sure, Song Hyunki? I will give a consideration if it’s going to turn me into a frog,” he grinned foolishly like a six year old kid. 

Huh, a frog? Is there any difference between a toad and a frog? I looked at him quizzically. 

“If it’s a frog, I’m going to make sure that you will be the one that kiss me and turn me back into human,” he smirked. 

“Frog and toad is my routine diet,” I mumbled out sarcastically. “If you’re one of them, I’d rather eat you than have to kiss you.”

“I take that as a compliment,” he lit up his face with a seven thousand megawatt smile. I quickly looked away, avoiding his gazes.

Okay, why did my face feel so hot?

Err…guys?” 

Both Taemin and I quickly spun over Soojin.

“So? Are you going to help me or not?” Soojin looked at both of us with pleading eyes. 

Okay…what is this help thing about? 

“I’m free this weekend, so I guess I can come around and help you,” Taemin confirmed. 

And then all of the eyes are stuck on me.

“Err…”

I’m not sure what kind of help she’s referring about but she’s my twin sister, ne? It was not a crime helping a sister.

“Anything for you, sis,” I shrugged.

Jjinjja?” her face looked unsure.

“Yes, why not?” I smiled at her to confirm it. 

She looked so happy and kept repeating “Komawo!” and “You guys are jjang!” for a few times with loud voice. Oh my God, this is embarrassing. Everyone was looking here.

I looked away and that was when my eyes suddenly met Taemin’s. He was looking at me with an unfathomable look.

Okay, it’s getting more uncomfortable.

 

 

To be continued...