The Story

A Cinderella Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

29 December, 2015

( Hee Min's POV )

"Hee Min!" A woman called for me. 

Well, obviously it was my stepmother. Who else? With that voice.. It can't be my step siblings.

"HEE MIN!!" Ouh, wonder what she is up to now. 

I stop washing the dishes before quickly go to where she is and look at her, while giving her a 'what?' face.

She gives me a fierce gaze(oops this reminds me of Tae really xD) before speaking. "Tidy up my room. Then do the laundry. And blablabla." My stepmother blabbered a long list of house chores for me to do.

When she is done talking, I look at her with a small smirk. "I'm not gonna do that. You settle your own works. I do mine. You do yours. Fair much." Yeah, I just said that. 

Ouh come on. I'm not her peasant. Maid. or whatsoever.

"Yah! How dare you speak like that to me?!" Stepmother is angry now.

I smirk again at her. "Please remember, mother. Or to be more exact, stepmother. Hmm? This is not your house in the first place. And this Jung Hee Min is not your peasant. Huh, dare to do this only while father is away? Lame." Hah! There you go :D

She gives me a death glare. Ouuu, so scary. Note that sarcasm. "I will tell your father later! Just wait, Hee Min! Huh, such an impolite child he has." 

I give her a bored face. "Yeah, just tell father. But please do remember,  that he trust me more. Hahah." Then I walk away from there.

But I stopped halfway and turn back facing her from the far distance.

"And I don't need to be polite with people who is impolite with me. Treating me like I'm her peasant. And someone who is just after my father's money." Then I walk away from there for real. It's better to be in my room anyway. Than facing that woman.

Ouh, I can hear that stepmother screaming in anger. Haha.

 

( Taehyung's POV )

"Hmmm.. We're holding an event? Tomorrow..?" I asked my father while looking at him with a blank stare, after he talked about the event. Why so sudden..

My father, or also known as King of Arandelle(HAHAH. sorry sorry :3) , give me a stare. A meaningful one. Full of meanings, indeed. Wait, what meanings.

"Yes, we are and we're inviting all of the rich family, especially the one with daughters." Father said.

Wait what does that means. Ouh, wait. 'especially the one with daughters'. Is it what I'm thinking about?!

Father fakes a cough. "You will need to choose one girl to dance with and maybe dance with some others too. And marry one of them, for sure. This is not an option." He said again.

I give my father a surprised stare. "But, father! I-"

"No objection accepted." Father interrupted me before I can say the word 'object'. Did he read my mind.

I pouts at father. "Please, father. I'm not ready to marry yet.. Please!" I try to lure my father with my cute face. Eheh. 

What. Prince can do this too what. (add: look at Frozen. hmmph. [okay sorry xD])

My father doesn't look at me at all now. Don't want this cute face to defeat him maybe. Haih. "Heih.. But I can choose? Not you choose?" I give up. What can I do.. This is not my kingdom yet anyway.. Sigh.

My father just say yes and nods his head. Then he chase me out of the room.

I sadly walk out of the room and walk out of the castle as well. I need to get some fresh air from the forest! Yeah. So, let's go riding the horse!

Finally, I sneak out to where the horse is placed at and sneakily take one of the horse and go straight to the forest. Yeah, sneaking. I don't want those people following me when I need some fresh air and a calming place.

At the forest, I play with the horse. Heheh. And shout and more. I don't care about the 'Prince' title. I can act like this if I want to. No stopping me. Never.

 

( Hee Min's POV )

I run out of my room when I heard someone knocking the door. It must be father! He should be home by today anyway. But when I open the door, I just see my father's assistant, Seokjin. Ouh, but I just call him Jin for short. Jin is actually a 'Prince' from the next Kingdom. But, he follows my father since he loves to travel a lot too. Yeah, my father is a traveler. Ouh, right. I just call him Jin since he doesn't like formality that much.

"Jin?" I look at him. Wonder why does he looks kind of.. down?

He just nods his head lowly. Is he out of energy.

I sighed at his response. "Where is father?"

Now, he looks more- .. down. Yeah.

"Jin?" I step nearer to him and put my hands on his shoulders. Ouuu, I love his shoulders. Okay, okay. Back to the topic. I stare at him with a questioning look. But it's pretty hard to do that you know. Since he is so taller than me. Huh.

He just stare back at me. Nahh, it's not awkward at all(Hey but I feel awkward. Hee Min: shuddup). I'm used to this stare and stare situation with him. He is like my real brother. I wish he is. I'm sure it will be fun.

"Answer me, Jin. And why are you like this.. Are you okay?" I'm worried now.

He better answer me.

But instead of answering me, he hugs me. Okay, what is wrong with him. I mean, we always hug but, right now I'm asking him questions not building stronger friendship.

"I'm sorry, Min.." Yea, yea. He calls me Min. My father too. And our workers. Wait, why does he sounds.. different? Is he, perhaps, crying.. ?

"W- why? Sorry for.. what?" I stuttered. Sorry means.. somethingbadhappened? However, I try to not panic and pat Jin on the back, calming him.

No words for a while.

Yeah, he is crying.

"Mr. Jung.." He said lowly. I'm impatiently waiting for his next words.

He sigh a bit before continuing his words. ".. Is.... Missing..." 

Wait.

What.

I pull away from his hug and looks at him. Trying to find the joking face. He is joking right. You must be kidding me. (Lets sing to that part =3)

However, there is no signal of jokes or what. He just give me a sad stare.

"What do you mean! My father is missing?!" I screamed. Why is this happening to me.

Jin just nods sadly. And I fell on my knees, starting to cry. My beloved father.. Why..

He just kneel down, facing me, and wipe my tears away. Please, it's my father we're talking about. I can't stop crying yet. I just cry and don't speak anymore.

"Min.. I'm sorry.. We searched for him but.. We can't find him.." He said while patting my head.

But then he cup my face using both of his hands, making me look at him. "Now, I need to go back to my place.. The others and me will search again soon, okay?" I just nods sadly at his words.

I just watch at Jin going.

Now, how am I going to survive without my father by my side? There are my annoying stepmother with her two annoying daughters in the house. They will try to control me, right? Like what they always try when father is not home.

"I need to get out from here for a while." I said to myself. I get up from the floor and wipe my tears away.

I take out one of my father's horse and ride it to somewhere with a calm surrounding.

I ended up going to the forest. Not minding anything, I just get off the horse and walk around the forest after tieing the horse to one of the tree.

After some walk, suddenly I got shocked from hearing a sudden shout. Because of curiousity, I go and find where the shout came from. Luckily, the shout is still going on.

 

( Taehyung's POV )

I shout and jump around happily. This is so fun! I haven't do this for a long time. Getting to do this again makes me so happy. No people following me. I'm free! Yeay!

Forget about the stupid event that's going on tomorrow. Forget about the needing to choose a girl. Just forget about everything for today! Yahoooo!

While I'm jumping around and shouting, making noises, I suddenly stop. Why? I saw a girl, aprettyone, looking at me weirdly. Oopsie. Heheh. I without any shame smile widely at her and waves at her like we're friends. "Hi!" Happy. Happy. That's all I can think of right now.

She didn't talk back to me. Aww, why. Maybe she is stunned by my handsomeness. Or my rectangular smile. I know I'm good looking. Stop staring please. Eheh.

Without any shame, again, I go towards her and smile again. "Hello there~ What is your name?" I'm trying to being friends with her.

I see her shaking her head several times before smiling awkwardly at me. "Ouh, h- hello.." Aww, she stuttered! So cute!

"What is your name, pretty girl?" I asked her name once again. Well, I don't mind asking many times. Because maybe she can't hear me well because of busy admiring my face. Eheh.

Ouh, did she just blush? So cute! Can I pinch her cheeks? "C- can I know yours.. first?" She answered my question with question. Nahh, it's okay.

I nods with a smile. "Of course you can! Ehmm, you can just call me V!" I said happily. Yupp, I just told her my other name, which is used by my friends. I don't want her to recognize me as the 'Prince Taehyung' son of the Arandelle's King if I tell her my name. Maybe she don't know my face, but I think she must heard my name, right?

"V? My name is-" Suddenly we're interrupted by some noises, making her words stop. Tch, cliffhanger! Who dare to disturb my flirting session?! I'm just kidding. Making friend session actually. But still, who dare to disturb?!

I look behind me and saw some people. Oh man. Looks like my father's people. Why! When I turn back to look at the girl, she is gone. What? She disappeared just like that? Magic. Somehow, I felt disappointed. Because..

I didn't get to make a new friend!

Now, they told me that I need to go back to the castle. I unwillingly get on the horse that I brought and follow them.

 

( Hee Min's POV )

That V is so weird! Shouting and jumping just now. And then greet me, who is a stranger to him. Wow. He is really weird, but in a good way. Let's just say that he is the special type. Hmm, he is good looking anyway. But, I don't really look at his face okay.

I was about to tell him my name, to be fair, when I heard sounds coming from the other side of the forest. From the part behind him to be exact. We both turn to look at the part where the sounds came from. But I just look for a second before running away from there, leaving the V alone.

When I reached back at my house and put back the horse at it's place, I saw a few men talking to my stepmother, with my step siblings behind her. I casually walk towards them and listen to one of the man's talking. They must be from the castle, based on their clothes and looks. Ouh, look, they came by horses. Royal horses I guess.

"Mr. Jung's family is invited to our event tomorrow at the castle." The man said while handing my stepmother a paper. Must be the invitation paper.

I faked a cough, gaining attention from the man who talked just now. "What is the event for, if I may know, sir?" I asked.

"Ouh. The even is to celebrate the Prince's birth anniversary. And also to find him a wife." The man explained.

I mouthed a thanks to the man and go into my house. Ouh, I saw my step siblings smiling like crazy when they heard about to find the Prince a wife. Tch, they just want the Prince wealth. Like mother, like daughters.

When they entered back into the house, I talk to my stepmother. "Can I follow you, tomorrow?"

"Huh? Why? You will just ruin our image with that hideous clothes of yours. You will ruin my daughters chance to be the Prince's wife. So, no." Stepmother said.

You b- witch. Revenge huh?

"Come on. I just want to have fun. Not flirting the prince!" I said with not-satisfied tone.

"You deserve staying at this home and doing the house chores, Hee Min. Now that your father is gone, the money is mine! Haha. So, if you want to stay here, do the jobs or I will kick you out of here!" She said. Her daughters just laugh at me.

Wtf.

I glare at them. "Father's money is yours? , no. He inherited them to me. So, in your dream!" I said confidently. Actually I lied. I'm not so sure if he inherited his wealth to any of us. Maybe he didn't even inherit them to any of us.

"What! Did you call me ?! You're the one who is right now!" Stepmother screamed and slap my cheek, hardly. Awwch?

My father never hit me even once nor my late mother you woman!

"Hey! You're the one here! I don't marry a man just for their wealth! You did!" Then I stomped off to my room.

I really wish father is here with me.

Anyway, like I care! I will go to that event no matter what. Huh!
(sorry. hahah, this is my first time putting bad words in my story :3 sorry if uncomfortable!)

 

( Taehyung's POV )

Damn it. I just realize that everything that's going on tomorrow is at my birthday. How cruel is my life fate? 

"Tae, what's wrong?" One of my bestfriend, Jimin asked me. 

I pouts after he asked me. I look at my bestfriends. Jimin, Jungkook, Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok. All of them are Prince from another kingdom near Arendelle. But eventhough we are Prince, we really don't act like one. We're just like crazy normal boys. Carefree. None of us really care about our title. Eheh. Back to the topic, I'm hesitating to tell them about what is happening.

"V?" Yoongi said when I didn't answer.

I play with my fingers. "You know.. Tomorrow.. There is an event going on, right.."

They nods several times.

I continue my words.

"My father said that.. I need to choose a girl to be my wife, tomorrow too.. After the dance.." I mumbled.

Jimin just pats my back. The others are speechless, maybe. Hey, I'm the one who needs to get married so I'm the one who should be speechless right now.

Suddenly, I remember at the girl that I met at the forest. Will we meet again? Maybe meet at the event tomorrow? But, father just invite rich people.. To the event.. Based on her looks, I'm not sure..

"Urmm.. We feel sorry for you, V.. But at the same time.. Uhmm, congrats because you're getting married.." Namjoon said to me.

Sigh.

Jin looks at me and smile a bit. "At least you get to choose?" He said.

"I don't know what to say(Let's sing Ma City yuhooo! Tae: pls don't interrupt.. T.T') .. We will.. just come tomorrow and help you.. to make a decision, I guess?" Jungkook mumbled.

I just nods my head weakly.

I can't forget about it since I'm not in the forest. Huhu.

 

30 December, 2015

( Hee Min's POV )

Tonight, I will go to the event. Yeay. So, now.. I need to find a dress first for later. I think I have some dress that I didn't use yet.

After some searching, I end up choosing the light blue dress with some red as the colour. The mixture is nice. Light blue with red. I like. Hehe.

Now, time to choose shoes! In the end, I choose a high heel with blue in colour. Nahh, not that 'high'. Medium one I guess. (what type of explanation is that o-o') Hmm... What's next? Prepare the makeup? 

After a few hours, it's finally almost the event starting time. My stepmother and step siblings just go out just now. I take my time in doing my makeup since I will be going a bit late since, I don't want to listen to the boring speech. After the makeup session, I do my hair as well.

When I'm done, I observe myself in the huge mirror we have in the house. Wow, I look kind of different! Hehe. My eyes looks slightly different because of the shades I put. No one will recognize me right? I mean, the step family I have right now. Well, I don't want them to lock me in this house forever if they found out. Since, they are the one who is holding everything. Don't worry. I will take back what belongs to my father soon. Just wait!

Back to the topic, I quickly go out of the house and get on one of the horse we have. Yeah, horse is enough. What were you expecting? Hehe.

With the horse, I go to the castle. It's a bit hard since I'm wearing unsuitable foot wear. High heels. What do you expect.

 

( Taehyung's POV )

Today is the day I will be dead. Dead. Dead. Dead!! Hiyaaaaaaa! This time, my birthday celebration won't be happy like the previous one. Well, unhappy for me. I'm sure the others are happy.. Especially the girls, huh.

Will I be able to choose a girl?

To be my wife?

I will be able too, I guess. Since it's not an.. option.. Why.

Now, the event is starting, and my father is giving long long speech to the guests. I'm standing behind him nervously. I'm nervous because I need to give speech after him!

After my awkward speech, thanking everyone for coming and all, and after some things, now is the dancing time. Many girls are looking at me, even the one that are dancing at the time. I.. don't know who can I choose to dance with. Someone, please save this cutiepie!

While thinking of who to ask to dance with, I walk towards my bestfriends.

Please log in to read the full chapter