Answers and Apologies

Playing Favourites

It's finally here!!! I'm so sorry for the long wait, you've all been very patient with me and I can't thank you enough! I hope this final chapter lives up to all of your expectations but if not then I at least hope you found the ending an unexpected plot twist!! Additionally thank you to everyone who's read, subscribed, commented and voted it's very kind of you and I really appreciate it!!! Let me know what you guys think about Playing Favourites or any of my other works, your support really is amazing!! Lastly and most importantly I hope you all enjoy reading the final chapter of this two-part story :)

--------------------

 

The punch never came.

Or at least, it did not land in the way Jiyong had expected.

It seemed one second GD had been anticipating getting beaten in the head and then the next thing the leader knew TOP was desperately trying to curve his fist away from the younger boy’s temple in a last minute attempt to lessen the damage the older rapper already knew he would inflict on the other.

The air in the room almost had the consistency of water to Ji and TOP, slowing everything down and allowing fiery amber eyes to open and meet panicked black ones as both team members registered the inevitability of the situation they were in.

With the feeling of prolonged slow motion the two boys had been experiencing, suddenly came the feeling of fast forward as TOP’s many ringed fingers struck Jiyong’s cheek bone brutally, jerking the leaders head harshly to the side.

The crack that resounded from bone hitting metal seemed to echo around the private studio long after the impact, as alongside the rest of BigBang’s horrified gasps of shock, GD let out a small cry of agony.

Scream having been released, the strong perfectionist then quickly attempted to regain his composure. However this did not last long as the true extent of the power behind Tabi’s right hook became apparent to the other bandmates when, Ji, fighting to restrain his whimpers of agony, tried to walk back to his music station only for the slim hit song writer’s legs to almost give out from under him.

The toned, shaky legs of BigBang’s leader suddenly weakening prompted Jiyong to stumble harshly and grab frantically onto the studio’s marble computer desk to try and save himself from crashing to the hard, unforgiving floor.

Knuckles turning white at the strength with which the petite rapper was exerting by holding onto the expensive table top had Jiyong breathing thickly and wetly. The dull throb pulsing from his now horribly bruised cheek seeming to burn outwards and cause every part of his willowy form to ache as GD again tried to steady himself.

Ji!” YB barked out loudly the minute his best friends face had been knocked sharply right by TOP’s fist.

“Ok, Ok, calm down Jiyongie, I’ve got you  shhh shhh” Taeyang cooed, as he was quick to rush forwards and try a hand at soothing G Dragon’s distressed form the second after BigBang’s leader staggered and fell against the studio’s desk.

Nothing seemed to be getting through to the rapper however, as the blonde boy instinctively whimpered and flinched away from being touched even by his closest and oldest friend, prompting Sol to try harder with his little brother.

Baby calm down it’s just me Bae!” the short, well-muscled boy exclaimed in desperation as the slim form of GD frantically tried to move further away from any kind of physical contact with the R&B singer.

St stay away from me” YG’s pride and joy chocked out, voice much higher in pitch than usual as BigBang’s leader finally managed to get back onto his unsteady feet, despite his head ringing and throbbing enough to make anyone feel nauseous.

Jiyong? Calm down, it wasn’t even me that hit you. I promise I’m not gonna hurt you. Just let me help Ji ” YB insisted in a calmer tone, hoping this time he would get through to G Dragon now that the younger did not seem so stunned from the punch he’d received.

Getting no answer to his plea, except, however for slight whimpering and GD unsteadily swaying on his feet, Taeyang assumed his leader was allowing the muscular singer to come closer and check over his cherished brother’s condition.

Bae’s assumption was wrong.

The rest of BigBang meanwhile seemed to have become universally silent after the escalation of events between Seungri and their oldest band member.

The maknae especially remained quiet, sitting on the green sofa where the panda boy had fallen after Ji had pushed him out of harm’s way.

TOP was also still stood frozen in the same place; regret showed clear in his eyes as the rapper stared at Bae attempting to calm the distressed Jiyong down.

Seeing for himself the damage he had inflicted on his own little brother frightened the actor beyond belief and Tabi could not help but begin to shake his head as he realised what he had done, even while his knuckles themselves began to swell and ach from the amount of force he had struck GD’s cheek bone with.

For a time stunned, the scene that was to follow Sol’s cautious advancements towards GD most definitely snapped the rest of BigBang out of whatever daze they had all been in.

Ignoring the others in the studio, Youngbae began to take cautious steps in Jiyong’s direction, calmly reaching his hand out to his younger best friend, Bae kept his warm brown eyes focused on the rapper’s, hoping Ji would take the hint and let the R&B singer pull him into a strong embrace.

Alas, G Dragon was having none of it.

Clocking Taeyang’s outstretched hand the leader panicked again and back peddled rapidly, desperately trying to get away.

D D Don’t touch me” Jiyong stuttered out as a warning, continuing to reverse away from his longest serving friend.

Still in slight shock and fear however, GD, in his rush to back into the corner of their private studio accidently bumped his shoulder roughly into Daesung, who had been fidgeting nervously behind the perfectionist for some time now, observing the horrible scene.

Feeling the slim rapper bang into him and seeing YB’s clearly concerned facial expression, Dae decided to pull himself together and worriedly tried to help Sol with calming the blonde leader.

Therefore, catching the hit song writer by his jean clad hips, Ji’s dongsaeng steadied the older boy and then attempted to hug YG’s ace as a way of reassuring his much loved hyung .

Ji however, on feeling the strong grip around his waist, suddenly felt exceedingly vulnerable surrounded by the other BigBang members.

The youngest rapper only now seemed to realise that all the others boys standing around were all much stronger than and had the capacity to hurt him if they wanted to.

Reaching this understanding and feeling suddenly paranoid, GD snapped his head around to see who had grabbed at his hips, only to jump, gasping in shock when he registered just how close Daesung had managed to get behind his own much shorter form.

Despite the fact that the leader knew Dae would never hurt him, well Jiyong used to believe that about Tabi too, being so close to another potential punch so soon after the first one still panicked him.

Therefore, the blonde rapper ducked and flinched instinctively using his unique flexibility to squirm away from D-lite and dart to the corner of the recording studio only to slide down the wall hunched over in a small ball as way of protecting himself from any more threats.

Seeing Ji spring away from his grip, the Trot singer could not believe what he was witnessing, his strong older brother acting in such a fragile way? It frightened Daesung, and his hands trembled at the thought of the brother he respected and loved more than anyone else in the world being afraid of his touch.

The entire situation was all becoming a bit too much for BigBang’s second youngest member to handle. After all, it hurt his heart to see Jiyong in pain.

As a result, Daesung began backing away towards the studio door in order to give Ji more breathing space and allow the older hyung’s room to deal with the delicate situation. In the moving process Dae also grabbed Seungri’s arm and pulled VI off the studio’s sofa, coaxing the younger boy out the room as both dongsaeng’s began to feel a bit scared for their leader’s wellbeing.

Noting the benefits of having less people in the room, Taeyang, who had retreated and had been watching Jiyong with tender eyes, took a confident step forward intending to again approach GD, calling out to him as a way of comfort.

The boy with the Mohawk did not get very close to Ji however, as this time instead of the normally confident 'One of a Kind' rapper cowering away from Bae’s hands; there was instead, suddenly a six foot obstruction in YB way, taking the form of TOP.

Facing each other, Tabi got intimately close into Sol’s personal space, seeming to channel his guilt into his actions, the oldest hyung attempted to rectify what harm he had done to GD by now protecting Jiyong from experiencing anymore discomfort the R&B singer’s continued attempts at approaching the huddled hit song writer caused.

Leave Yongie alone Bae, whatever your doing isn’t helping, can’t you see Ji’s scared and your just making it worse” Tabi exclaimed accusingly in Taeyang’s face in a bid to get the shorter boy to leave BigBang’s leader alone, the rapper’s deep voice appearing to fill the studio and break the relatively quiet atmosphere that had been hanging over the members since the angry scuffle earlier.

It seemed however, YB had reached the end of his limit. No longer willing to be patient with TOP, especially in matters regarding the person he loved the most in this world, Sol stepped up.

His head did not even reach Seunghyun’s shoulder, yet the younger did not seem intimidated at all as he spat back, face red and angry beyond belief.

How DARE you tell me what to do when it comes to MY BEST FRIEND! You damn well punched him in the face, if Ji should be afraid of anyone it’s you! This entire situation is your fault! How could you be such a monster and lose your temper with someone as sweet as Jiyongie, he was only trying to stop you two fighting! Now get out of my way so I can help him!

Youngbae’s explosive rant over, he roughly shoved past the Tazza actor, his intention to get to GD.

YB’s come back left his hyung stunned in place, not only for the disrespectful things the singer had just said to Tabi but also because as long as he had been in BigBang the members had never ever seen Bae lose his temper so badly.

Shocked as he was however, TOP wasn’t giving in that easily and so he turned, grabbed the ‘Wedding Dress’ singers muscular shoulder and shoved the boy back towards the studio’s glass door where VI and Daesung were still cautiously watching their older brothers.

The two youngest bandmates, were in that moment, worried of another fight breaking out but in all honesty they were in fact more concerned for their leader’s safety, as the blonde was still hunched over, head buried in his small chest and legs hugged up to his stomach by his pale arms, so tight it looked painful.

Sol, regaining his balance and gasping in shock by the studio exit after Seunghyun’s man handling then proceeded to fling himself around and glare threateningly at Tabi.

The thought of ‘no one gets between me and Jiyong’ running through Youngbae’s head, had him opening his mouth and getting ready to fight his way past TOP to get to his little brothers side.

What stopped Bae in his tracks however was Seunghyun whispering dangerously low with an unignorably serious tone.

Get out all of you

The hesitation that followed the threat was obvious as Taeyang continued to glare at the white haired rapper menacingly, while Seungri and D-Lite fidgeted uncomfortably refusing to leave yet looking anywhere but at their oldest hyung.

For a time an intense power struggle prevailed throughout the room, before TOP, having had enough of people not listening to him, tried one last time to get the other bandmates to clear off.

GET OOOUUTTTT! WHAT DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?! I SAID GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!!!”

Tabi yelled wild and incensed.

It seemed this time the three younger boys got the message loud and clear, as the two youngest members fled the room, metaphorical tails between their legs, followed more slowly and reluctantly by Bae.

Despite starting to head for the exit, the R&B singer couldn’t help but worry about leaving Ji alone with TOP.

Especially after seeing what the older just did to BigBang’s leader and having experienced first hand just how strong and rough the rapper could be.

YB therefore, skimmed his concerned eyes once more over Jiyong’s form, before then meeting Seunghyun gaze and hissing.

I’ll give you five minutes. But hyung, mark my words if you lay one more hand on Yongie now or ever again I promise you I will hurt you and I don’t care how harsh that may sound hyung. While I’m around no one touches Ji baby

Youngbae’s point made, the shorter boy finished his threat with a tone of finality and certainty.

Shaken by the seriousness in Bae’s words, TOP could only snort in mock amusement at the muscular boys promise, hoping to disguise the unease he felt, before ordering sharply.

Just get out Bae, go find Presidentshi or something

Seunghyun then, having dismissed Taeyang with an air of indifference, turned his back on his retreating younger brother and instead headed for the silent, almost forgotten, figure nestled on the floor in the recording suite corner.

Once he was most certain of being left alone, Sol having closed the studio door when he left the room; TOP leaned down and cautiously crouched next to GD cooing as he did so.

Jiji baby listen to me I I I’m …I don’t know where to start and I’m just so sorry Yongie, I never meant to hurt you, you know I never would, it was just Seungri was so horrible and I know he didn’t mean any harm but I hate to see people treat you like you don’t deserve their respect… because… Ji you never say anything but they can’t do that to you… and if you’re not going to defend yourself, well then it’s my job to! even if it’s just from someone like the maknae!”

Lost in his rush to explain, Tabi hadn’t realised but he had been rambling and his voice had also been getting progressively louder the more passionate and defensive the rapper had become over his actions as he desperately tried to get Jiyong to understand things from his point of view.

It seemed the Dragon boy had barely been listening to his hyung speak however as the fashionista had yet to look at TOP but was now never the less trembling and trying to shuffle away from Seunghyun’s much larger body.

Finally getting out of the confusion in his head and noting his sweet dongsaeng’s movements, Tabi decided to alter his apology tactic and instead tried to focus on getting his brave leader to simply calm down first.

Acting on instinct, TOP got onto his knees and grabbed GD’s body preventing the boy from continuing to frantically shuffle away and pulled the slim fashionista close to his chest gently but firmly.

In hindsight the older boys loving actions towards his little brother might not have been the best ones, but currently all Tabi wanted to do was go back in time to when Jiyong wasn’t afraid of him and when any form of affection the older rapper showed YG’s treasure would have been welcomed by GD going soft in his embrace, purring submissively in his hold and in general acting in complete contrast to his Dragon persona.

Those times were in complete contrast to now however, where Jiyong was, instead, fighting back, hard and panicked against his hyung’s form, with all his strength, twisting his petite body in all ways to get out of Tabi’s long arms, no longer worried about being punched again but refusing to forgive so easily and be man handled by TOP like some child.

Seunghyun was astonished by the inner strength he was seeing from someone he always considered delicate, granted Ji was still no match for him but the white haired rapper could not help but be impressed by the smallest member of BigBang’s determination.

That was until, in a final bid to escape Tabi’s oppressive hold GD powerfully kicked out his foot, only for the well-muscled actor to catch the combat boot in his hand and restrain the jean clad limb, eliciting a sharp cry of shock from his dongsaeng.

Yah! Ah ah AH OW! You’re hurting me pabo! Get off!” Ji yelled, in pain due to the awkward position he was being held in and as a result fighting harder against Seunghyun’s iron grip.

Stop Jiyongie! You need to stop! I said STOP baby please! I’m not going to hurt you I promise just please don’t fight me!”

TOP begged breathily, huffing slightly at the energy needed to restrain the writhing body of the little dongsaeng against his own hard chest.

The frustration of fighting a losing battle and the ache from Ji’s cheek soon had the perfectionist, against his will, going lax in his older band mate’s grip, physically and emotionally drained GD let out a small, barely audible yelp even as tears slid down his pale cheeks.

The distressing sight all together was heart-breaking for TOP to witness, however he realised Jiyong giving up the struggle was a good thing for the situation they were in, after all, the older boy never wanted to hurt the blonde boy wrapped up in his arms ever again.

 “Alright …alright… baby shhh shhh I need you to calm down Jiyongah your good, your good. I got you and I’m not going to hurt you ever again. I’m so sorry but just please stop and let me make this better alight. I never meant to hurt you! I wouldn’t, you’re my baby brother and you… you’re… you’re… the one closets to my heart, you must know that Yongie, that I would never do this on purpose! Please say you’ll accept my apology right Ji baby? It was an accident and I said I was sorry, baby can we please just forget this ever happened and go back to the way things used to be? Please?” Tabi all but begged, whispering into the soft blonde locks of hair his face was pushed into as he hugged his most loved band member harder, lightly Jiyong’s bruised yet still soft cheek, despite the leader’s whimpers, in a bid to comfort the boy but also have his apology acknowledged by the younger rapper.

No reply forth coming to his words however meant TOP could feel his emotions welling up as all GD did was continue to ignore him. Ji, remaining defiant and silent despite his relaxed position, his good looking hyung’s arms securely locked around his small waist and chest meant Tabi was practically pulling the Dragon into his lap and off the studio’s cold floor in order to get some sort of reaction.

I’m so ashamed, Ji baby you’ll let me make this better won’t you? Please say you’ll forgive me Yongie I’m so sorry, I never ever meant to punch you or ever hurt someone who means so much to me but please don’t do this to me, please don’t do this. I need you to let me in, I need you in my life more than anyone, will you please please just look at me, that’s all I’m asking I can make it better if you just...look…at…me”

The words were coming out thick and fast now, the older rapper’s deep voice wavering with emotion as he tripped over his tongue in an attempt to receive his leaders’ forgiveness.

So overcome was the actor, that in a final act of desperation TOP opted to grab the YG Prince’s chin with his thumb and forefinger, forcing Jiyong to look at him full in the face.

Tell me you still love me, tell me you still trust me and if not that then at least tell me I didn’t screw this up please oh please…” TOP murmured his eyes closed in defeat at his pleas, even as all the will power seemed to drain out of his body leading the taller boy to lean his forehead gently against GD’s and lightly kissing the others bruised cheek regretfully.

The peck was done so softly Jiyong wasn’t even sure it happened at all.

The skin contact did however bring the hit song writer back to reality. It reminded him of all the care and love TOP; his dorky, childish, white haired brother had for him and it made Ji actually listen to what the other rapper was saying the next time the elder spoke.

Forgive me I’m sorry baby, hyung is so sorry Jiyongie” Tabi breathed out in a whisper for only GD to hear, opening his black eyes slightly to look at, even with the bruise, the most beautiful face he had ever had the privilege of being so close to.

Large, red rimmed, amber eyes looked into his own watery ones for some time after TOP’s words, as a long silence prevailed between them while G Dragon actually considered Seunghyun’s apology.

After what seemed like a lifetime, though it was only a few minutes. Jiyong at last wrinkled his button nose, so cutely the successful actor observed, before the younger then, sniffing quietly, with crystal tears running from his intense eyes nodded his blonde head ever so slightly.

Seeing the small acknowledgment of his apology TOP’s heart leaped, his relief at his dongsaeng’s action easily visible through the way that the larger pulled Ji into his own lap for a tighter embrace, only for Tabi then to begin rocking the two of them back and forth soothingly, finally content after being forgiven.

Unimaginably grateful and smiling with relief, a few tears couldn’t help but slip out from Seunghyun’s tightly shut eyes without him noticing. Even as Tabi continued to hold Ji close, the elder still too caught up in his unpredictable emotions and the feel of his leader, pressed, once again where he belonged, so close to his own body, to care much about crying.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you” TOP chanted over and over again into the small ear of the petite perfectionist held tightly in his warm grasp, affection tangible in his low toned voice.

Shifting slightly to readjust their position, the older boy could now feel Ji’s frantically beating heart against his own fluttering one, the feeling becoming even more intense when the young producer moved to settle his still tear stained face to be buried into the crook of his hyung’s neck.

Jiyong responding to the intimidating rapper's hug was a sign, TOP knew, that his favourite little brother was forgiving him completely for everything that had happened.

Smiling and running his large, calloused hands up and down Ji’s spine soothingly, Seunghyun cooed lovingly.

“See Jiji baby, this is why you’re my favourite member of BigBang. It’s because of your big heart and your willingness to forgive me, no matter what I've done, that I care for you above all the rest”

Feeling content with his confession and humming quietly to the relaxed and now exhausted leader, Tabi then added almost as an afterthought.

“…and Yongie, the others are gonna have to fight me, if they think that for one second, they can take you away from me”

 

--------------------

The End....(Until I write my next story friends, haha!!)

Thank you all again for reading and for your lovely support, I really am very grateful to you guys! I hope you all liked Playing Favourites and do let me know of any mistakes you see or potential prompts or comments good and bad you may have :)