Over Protective Much?

Playing Favourites

First chapter!!! Tell me what you think and most of all enjoy!!

------------------

 

Taeyang had noticed TOP had a soft spot for GD since their trainee days.

The knowledge despite the time lapse since then still made him feel exceedingly jealous.

Indeed it wasn’t even so much that Jiyong laughed and smiled a lot more in the older rappers presence but more the fact that Youngbae was aware of the possessive glint in TOP’s eyes whenever he looked at the adorable leader. After all Sol had the exact same look in his own eye’s when regarding GD.

There was no doubt that BigBang’s leader was exceedingly talented and undoubtedly the most intelligent member out of the group. However there were some things the sweet boy did remain naively oblivious to, his level of fame was one, his own health another but something that out shone both of these was his awareness of just how many people fought for his attention.

TOP and Youngbae were a fine example of the extensive undercover war going on right under GD’s nose.

Currently relaxing around BigBang's private recording studio Taeyang observed that all but one of their five members were at present scattered around the room.

Daesung was leaning against an expensive looking desk, headphones in and nodding his head in time to whatever music he was listening to. While in the far corner sharing the comfortable green sofa Bae could see Seungri and TOP having a whispered conversation. Youngbae himself meanwhile seemed to be the only one ready to record as he sat upright at the desk occupying the recording station, occasionally glancing over at the empty revolving chair next to him that was their fearless leaders designated place in front of the computer screen.

G Dragon’s absence was felt throughout the entire silent room because although they were all perfectly happy in each other’s presence their resident perfectionist seemed to bring with him an energy wherever he went that just seemed to encourage conversation, excitement and most of all music. The young rapper had a aura that was undeniable and it was something all YG agreed on, it was why he was the most popular member of BigBang, it was why he could wear anything and pull it off, it was why his charm radiated out and why VIP loved him additionally it was why everyone who met Jiyong gravitated towards the pull of his personality.

No doubt it was something special to watch most of all when G Dragon was on stage, he seemed almost to glow. However there were disadvantages, one of those being that everyone seemed to want a piece of the perfectionist.

Taeyang’s face had broken into a fond smirk just thinking about his petite best friend but it only grew to a full grown smile as the fashionista himself walked through the studios soundproof doors.

It still surprised Bae to this day how good Jiyong could look even without makeup on and just wearing simple skinny jeans with a loose jumper and beanie. It seemed the feeling was mutual as all the other boys around the room looked up and fell even more silent then they were before as they took in the leader before them.

It seemed yet again GD didn’t notice the attention merely his presence could garner as he walked confidently straight to his usual seat by Youngbae and called out in his high pitched yet somehow still melodic voice.

Sorry I’m late guys, President wanted to see me about the tour before recording” The hit song writer explained as he swivelled the chair he was in around to face the rest of BigBang looking very much the strong leader he was, youthful face set with purpose.

Again Taeyang briefly registered just how special Jiyong was.

After all Ji was one of the only few people besides Se7en hyung and Psy hyung Bae knew of who could speak informally with CEO Yang. All YG knew why this was thought after all you just had to see the Boss when he interacted with YG’s golden boy to know they had a close almost farther son relationship compared to a professional one.

“What did Boss say Jiyongie?” Seungri asked eagerly leaning forward to get closer to the slim leaders warm presence, bubbling with curiosity as to what the blonde older boy would say.

Whatever answer GD had opened his mouth to deliver however was cut off as TOP gave a pointed harsh glare to their youngest member and exclaimed angrily.

Yahh! pabo Yongie is your hyung disrespectful maknae! Use you honorifics when speaking with our leader!”

The oldest member then punctuated his lesson on respect by cuffing VI over the head with his fist, trying, Youngbae assumed to knock some sense into it.

Ahh hyung that hurt!” the youngest member exclaimed after the slap, sounding both annoyed and in pain as he stood up from the sofa one hand rubbing the back of his head while the other clenched in a fist defiantly against TOP’s authority.

Just from seeing the maknae’s reaction Bae could tell an argument was about to go down, after all the panda boy never did know when to stop.

“Off course it hurt pabo I hit you! Now apologize to Ji for your insolence” Tabi scoffed, also getting up off the sofa so that he was leaning over Seungri and again had the position of power.

But hyung! He doesn’t mind if I don’t say hyung” VI shot back, eyes flashing as he became fired up at being told what to do especially in regards to Jiyong who he loved very much.

Now, those rude words caught Youngbae off guard and almost had him angry enough to get up and join TOP in teaching the panda a lesson.

He refrained however and instead sneaked a look sideways at his favourite person. 

YB was surprised to see that Jiyong had his hands pressed hard over his ears, amber eyes flickered back and forth from TOP to Seungri taking in the scene while his face was set into a look of pain, his teeth clenched hard together.

Ji baby are you ok?” Taeyang whispered soothingly into the distressed leaders covered ear as he easily pulled GD’s chair closes to his own so as to be able to gently turn the younger boy away from the sight of the conflict and instead refocus Jiyong’s attention on Sol himself.

Despite the concerned question and his best friends movement GD’s large eyes still didn’t leave the sight of his hyung and maknae arguing. Instead his head was now turned from Bae while his body was angled towards the boy with the Mohawk.

Yongie?..” Sol tried again to get the transfixed leaders attention, however his query was cut off mid-sentence as Jiyong suddenly sprang from his seat and rushed over to the commotion that had just broken out between the two duelling members across the room.

TOP now red and enraged had Seungri by the collar of his jean jacket and was currently growling something inaudible into the younger boys shocked face.

Despite the now lack of shouting between the two, the situation was still a threatening one and GD by now had had enough of witnessing it, hence springing up from his seat.

“STOP BOTH OF YOU” Ji yelled shrilly in the small recording studio acting on leader’s instinct and trying to diffuse the scene by shoving his much shorter form between the two much bigger built team members.

BUT JIYONGIE HE DISRESPECTED YOU” TOP all but bellowed right back into GD’s flawless face.  

Still over flowing with rage for VI’s comments the older boy didn’t even realise the fear that flickered across the younger rappers face as GD instinctively took a step back from TOP’S outraged visage only to bump into the hard chest of the maknae behind him preventing further escape.

DON’T SHOUT AT LEADERSHI LIKE THAT HE’S ONLY TRYING TO HELP!” the resident panda shrieked protectively straight back as he felt Jiyong cower into him.

At Seungri’s loud mouthed come-back Tabi’s burning eyes again were drawn up to the youngest band members heated face and away from Jiyong's trembling form.

Seeing TOP's expression, GD had about a seconds prior warning.

The only thing allowing Ji to anticipate TOP throwing a punch was the years the hit song writer had spent in the other rappers presence.

Therefore Jiyong was reacting before his brain even had time to catch up.

Shoving VI out of the way with all his strength.

GD threw both his delicate hands up, crossed his thin forearms over each other in an X shape as a crude shield, before then turning his gorgeous face to the side in anticipation of the blow.

Amber eyes squeezed tight shut and bottom lip bit securely between perfect teeth Jiyong hunched over slightly and tensed for the punches inevitable hard impact, time seeming to slow to a stop as he did so.

 

----------------

Cliff like chapter but all questions will be answered in the next one! I hope you guys enjoyed my first ever story and any feedback good or bad would be welcomed :)