chapter 1 perhaps

Damage

A warm hand is lying softly on her forehead. She feels that and she knew who that was. Only she can give this cosy and secure feeling.  She opens her eyes and saw a greeting from a lovely eye smile.

            “in a deep sleep? Sorry for disturbing you” She pulls up her blanket onto her face, teasing her. Boa is smiling under the blanket. Jiwon will always be the first one to greet her on her bed. She has a sleepyhead habit so, living with Jiwon who always stay awake in the night is a blessing. Jiwon had been diagnosed with light xeroderma pigmentosum* which limits her movement on a broad daylight. Eventhough she is not in a worrisome stage, but she chooses to be careful and rarely goes out in the day for that reason.

          “ah, I’m going out for a run. You better wake up now or you gonna be late” she pauses before continue, remembering something “ Bohyung called after you went to sleep last night that she will stay in the studio and wait for you there. She said don’t be late.” Jiwon pulls Boa’s blanket. Boa pulls her blanket back, but Jiwon already hold it tight and

          “auch!! It’s hurt you know!” Boa is rubbing her tight. Jiwon just pinched her tight very hard and left some reddish mark.

          “get out of your bed and get ready!” she folded her blanket and pulls Boa from her bed.

          “it is still dark……”

          “wake up! Do you want to make Bohyung angry with you again?” she walks to the door and switch on the lamp. “btw, I’m borrowing this” Jiwon take Boa’s favourite Mickey Mouse cap and get out from the room.

          “you better get ready before I come back or you knew what will happen to you!” that sound afar as their main door been closed. Boa wakes up lazily from her bed rubbing her non itchy head. She walks half-awake in dizzy as she go in front of Sihyun and Narae’s room, opens the door and she see Narae still sleeps soundly.

           “I heard the noises…what she had done to you again?” Sihyun asked, standing behind her. Boa almost startled.

            Boa pointed on her tights. The reddish mark became clearer after a while and some bluish circle already appeared. Sihyun shooks her head knowing that both girls are a little bit childish. She wakes up as soon as she heard the noises. Narae is still sleeping as she is very tired from partying all night.

            “That’s looks more like a bruise when you accidently hit some edge. Hahaha. She has sharp fingers” Sihyun comments on the mark. “I’d already make sandwiches. You can have it downstair”. Boa smiles widely and went downstair immedietly.

            “lol. It is a packed sandwich”

 

She opens the studio’s door, stretches her head and looking inside, there is nobody here. She closes the door again and dials Bohyung’s number. No answer. She opens the door again, and saw Bohyung is sitting there. Why she didn’t saw her earlier.

             “were you going somewhere? Why I don’t see you earlier?” Boa Asks

             “Nowhere, I’m just here all the time, being crazy because of your new song” She talks as she facing her back to Boa. Boa knew she is angry. She was late for 15 minutes and Bohyung really hate that. Boa put her bag down and sits beside Bohyung quietly.

             “I’d just finished your song, you can listen to the demo now” as Bohyung move aside and face Boa, she reveals her eyebags and reddish eyes to Boa. “look what you had done to me” She complains

             Boa chuckles. She knew that is what going to happen. Bohyung is her songwriter and composer for her previous second album and it’s going to be the same for this third album too. She is the type that will stay up in the studio until she is content with what she is doing and for this time, the president want Boa’s third album to be finished as soon as possible and Bohyung is working hard for that. It is not Boa does not want to work with other composer but, Bohyung’s song will always touch her heart no matter what genre she makes.

            “learn that song faster and record it. I want to sleep after the recording is finished!” She grouses and leaning her back on to the chair, yawning for countless time. “btw Boa, when is your showcase?”

           “in a week” she answers as she put a headset, listening to the new song. Her head is dancing to the rhythm. Ah….this song reminds her of their first meeting. Boa looks to Bohyung and she smiles to her. Bohyung smiles too, knowing the meaning of reaction that Boa gave to her.

 

Sihyun put her hands on Boa’s shoulder. “omo! You startled me!” Sihyun suddens action surprises her. Sihyun turn Boa’s chair facing her. loling at Boa as she knew Boa is watching at Jiwon who fall asleep at the dine table with all her paperwork. Jiwon works at an international company based in US, and she volunteered for night shift so that she didn’t need to go out at daylight. “what are we having for lunch today?” Sihyun asks. Boa’s pouting to Narae who is cooking in the kitchen.

            And then, something caught her and Sihyun’s attention. All eyes are diverted to Bohyung who just walk out from the bathroom ily showing most of her bare skin in that thick towel. That girl stands behind Jiwon and wake her up spontaneously when other girls didn’t dare to wake her up, pitying on her who looks very tired.

            “Who wakes me up?!” Jiwon seems angry. Boa and Sihyun just watching with mouths open widely on what just happened in front of them. Something unexpected…

            As Jiwon startled from being woke up, her hand, unconsciounessly grabbed Bohyung towel and something as amazing as this happened. “omo! We see nothing!” Sihyun covers Boa’s eyes with her palm and laughs loudly. Boa removes her hand as she didn’t want to let go this once in a blue moon chance. “we saw nothing, we saw nothing” Both of them repeat that words. Bohyung just standing still, didn’t believe what had just happened but then she realizes when Jiwon’s hand is infront of her eyes with her towel.

            “Please cover back your body. Please…..” Jiwon chuckles and then joining them laughing at Bohyung. Bohyung run as soon as she covered her body. “this is all your fault Jiwon!!!”

            “what is so funny?” Narae comes out from the kitchen brings a plate of steamed sea bass.

            “we had a splendid free show just a moment ago. It’s such a waste that you didn’t come out earlier” Sihyun explains. Narae still seems clueless.

            “Bohyung just showed us her completely gorgeous body….without any clothe on her…” Boa explains again trying to hide her laugther. She then raises her thumbs up and nodded severally.

            “oh?!” Narae replied half-heartedly. “what is with only oh? You should enjoy this joy!” Sihyun elbowed her. “Oh?!” Narae utters that word again and go into the kitchen.

             “well, we knew that is her personality” Boa smirks to Sihyun. Narae is her. She didn’t respond much but out of all them, she responds to Boa the most. However, Narae always be  the place for her to talk. About work, emotion, and feelings because Narae is a good listener. If she wants have a sweet, light, warm and cozy feeling, she will go to Jiwon. If she wants to play around she will go to Sihyun. If she wants to focus on her job, Bohyung is the right answer as they work in the same field.

            To be honest, she thinks God is being fair with her of granted them to her after what had happened two years ago. They are the best gift.

            “your third album showcase is in 5 days right?” Narae comes from the kitchen again and brings side dishes. Boa nodded several times.

            “and all of you will come right!” her eyes is glittering with hope that all of them will come to that event.

 

Narae heard some noises in the kitchen. She is staying up night finished up her writing when she heard that. She slowly heads downstair with a baseball bat with her, being cautious if unwanted person enter their house. She managed to sneak behind the bar that separated the kitchen and dining table. That person is opening their refrigerator.

            Narae stands behind the person and is ready to swing her bat when that person turned around and her bat barely touches that person hair.

            “Boa, what are you doing?! You scared me!?”

            “I’m hungry” she groans. “I’m really hungry….help meee”

            “but we just ate together a few hours ago and you went straight into your room. I thought you were sleeping” Narae asked her, watching Boa take out ketchup from their refrigerator.

             “nope! Eh, yes, I fall asleep after Jiwon went to work” She explains. Narae expression glooms but she hides her face in that kitchen darkness. It’s not like she is jealous when Boa always mentioned Jiwon’s name but..

             “Let me make something to you, I’m hungry too” Narae take out some ingredients, thinking of making sandwiches from dinner’s leftover.

 

“Boa, can I talk something with you?” She started their conversation. They already sat on the dine table with dimmed light. Boa already stuffing with the sandwiches, she is really hungry. Her appetite is huge lately. She nodded twice, focusing her eyes to Narae while is full with sandwiches. Narae wipes Boa’s mouth that had been smeared with her tiny fingers.

           “Can you just let it go? I now, you already knew about it. Can you listen to me this time?” Narae looks into Boa eyes. Boa looks into hers too. She knew what Narae is talking about. Time stops between them. Narae is trying to find the answer in Boa’s eyes.

            Boa finishes up the remaining sandwiches in , after a while, she try to run from Narae’s soft and caring gaze.

           “Boa, are you listening to me?” Narae seems really concern.

           “I know what you are talking about, but I’m not ready yet…It is hard for me” She replies weakly. Hesitating. Even though she knew what is already happened, she didn’t have the guts to face it.

           “Boa, we are living in reality. Everyone has problems. We need to be realistic….”

           “ I know!” her voice is shaking, “I know and they also try to talk to me this morning but I avoided them when they started to mention this thing”

           Narae looks on Boa face that has become gloomy.

           “I know” She repeated that words slowly. “I know, can you please give me time?” Boa asks for an understanding. Her eyes are shaking and without she realizes, a tears just dropped on the table. The person infront of her, is someone whom she always opened her heart for.

           “now tell me, what is bothering you now?” Narae pointed the main point.

           “I’m afraid….I’m afraid if I’m still the old Boa.

And Narae fix her position leaning on the chair and opens her ears…