Chapter 28

FATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Joo’s POV

Making my way off first, I say my goodbyes to the girls. Today’s practice is officially over and it is already past midnight. It has been like this for a couple of days, ending our training in the wee hours as we prep ourselves for our first comeback in 2016. I clutch my bag tight, moving to the carpark where Hun Seok, our team’s manager is waiting for me.

“Mi Joo,” Hun Seok calls as I take a seat right behind him in the van. I tap on the leather-covered seat that he is on, signaling him that we are good to go. With my ankles cross and knees leaning against the center console, he starts the engine with the push of a button and drives off.

Searching through my black haversack, I puff my cheeks out when I realise my handy mirror is not there. To deal with the circumstances, I push myself forward to see my reflection through the rearview mirror. This causes Hun Seok to jump in surprise as I tidy my disastrous self. Beads of sweats are still dripping while I neaten my disheveled hair.

“Can you act like a lady for once?” Hun Seok asks politely though his action says otherwise; swatting my face away from him.

“Um, no.” He scowls at my thoughtless response but I could not really care less. “Why does my haversack not have anything?!” I am rummaging all over, not finding a single piece of tissue in my useless bag. I make my way forward again to search for a packet of tissue in the compartment in which gives Hun Seok another shock in his life. Not caring about his warning eyes, I pat my face dry and tie my hair into a messy bun. I spray myself with a bottle of mist (something that can be finally found in my bag) as well as to Hun Seok who gladly appreciates my kind gesture. A man his age needs to take care of his skin too. Putting on my cap, I am all set.

“How do I look?”

“Horrendous,” Hun Seok replies calmly, his orbs fix on the road.

“Thank you for your honest answer,” I say while doing one last check. As I stare outside, the sky is nothing but absolute darkness, only the yellow beams of lampposts down the road illuminate the invading blackness. I watch the side of the road, noticing that there is more than just the light from the passing lampposts.

A car.

It is not an ordinary car, it is a car that is following us tightly. I turn to take a better look of the car; it is following us. Who will pursue us at this hour? Unless…

“I think someone is tracking us,” I say in a low whisper to Hun Seok. He catches my words and looks through the rearview mirror.

“Mi Joo, there is no one. What are you talking about?” He stares at me weirdly. I frown and check again. There is indeed no car, no one, just us only on the empty road. I remember clearly seeing a black vehicle tailing us, I am certain about it. This is odd.

“It must be the lack of sleep so you are imagining things,” Hun Seok suggests. It is true that I am in deprive of sleep but my eyesight never fails me. Someone is out there following us for whatever reasons they have. My frown sinks deeper as I think about it. The thought of somebody watching us is very disturbing. Why will one do such things?

Hun Seok snaps me out of reality as he tells me we have reach his place. He senses my worries so he tries to assure me. “Mi Joo, nobody is stalking us so everything is fine.” Maybe he is right, maybe I am just seeing things.

“Am I safe to say that he is going to bring you back?” He continues in which I respond with a nod. He left the carpark not long after.

I make my way to the lift with a calm and positive mindset. I give myself a mental slap to remind my brain that I am alone and no one else is in here. When I reach the designated floor, there it is again. I sense someone is behind me at this moment. I turn around quickly and much to my relief, there is no one. However, it is still giving me the creeps that at that point, I have such gut feelings. I secure my black cap tightly, covering every spot of my face.

I lightly knock on the creamy white door when I finally arrive at his dorm. I know that it is unusual to visit him at such odd hours when he is supposed to be sleeping (s as well) but I am certain that he is still up playing his God-knows-what game on his computer. I can already visualise the image of him clicking his mouse away, typing on the keypads and shouting incoherent words to his computer screen loudly.

I knock on the door several times again when no one answered. It finally opens and it is Mark who does so. He is as always shirtless with water dripping down his ash blonde hair; he must have just finish bathing. I wonder the same old question once more, why is he without any clothing whenever I meet him at his dorm?

Without saying anything, Mark walks away. I am left dumbfounded at this unexpected sight. Is he not at least a teeny bit happy to see me after so long? I watch him closely, remaining where I am standing.

“What took you guys so long to return from the company?” Mark questions, his back facing me while ruffling his drenched hair with a clean towel. I raise my eyebrows with confusion at his unanticipated statement.

Right. Mark must have thought that I am s since his now wet towel is blocking his vision when he opens the door for me. I step into the house, pretending to be them. “Oh, you know, the usual stuffs. Meeting the PD and discussing some issues we have as a team,” I emphasise on the last word strongly, waiting for his reaction.

Just like any cliché romantic moments in a badly written movie, Mark stops his footsteps and turns around slowly, meeting my chocolate brown eyes. Startled, he reaches towards me and lifts me off the floor, planting small kisses all over my petite face which causes my cap to drop off.

“What are you doing here?” Mark asks, still not letting me go and continuously pecks me. I wrap my legs around his lean body, breathing hard against his pale skin. There is this sudden tension arising between us as we stare intently into each other’s orbs. The fact that Mark is bare and wet is not helping in this turn of situation. I can feel his thirst for me in this exact time, him looking at me with those fierce lustful eyes that is waiting to unleash his inner beast. Mark appears to be calm and collective on the exterior but I know his desires say otherwise. He wants me like how I want him now in this very particular moment. The hunger is real.

Though we are in need of each other’s raw touch, we are teasing the other instead; not willing to give in. I take my rubber band off, allowing my hair to flow down swiftly and at the same time, not breaking the intense eye contact. Mark bites his lips in such a sensual way as he observes my every motion. I bring his face closer to mine, our lips just inches apart.

“I know today is your last day of promotion so that is why I am here,” I reply in a playful manner, dropping myself down from him. Mark blinks his eyes several times, confusion etch on his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter