Lost Star

Lost Star

"Just go.. This is our so called path. You know you are just like a prince while me- I'm just an ordinary person. No matter how hard we tried to maintain our relationship, the fact will always speak the truth." A pink-haired boy said while clutching his own fingers under the table. In contrast to that, a sincere smile etched on his cute face.

"Lee Jihoon! Don't you dare saying such things! You're not going to set me free just like that, right?" The other boy raised his voice; clearly telling he didn't like how their conversation would end.

The one who's being called Jihoon smiled, "I mean it, Young Master Kwon. This invisible thick wall is just too strong to destroy. I.. won't be able to pass through to reach your hands. Please understand."

"You're lying! We've been through a lot these past three years. And now, it seems that you're telling me to accept the engagement as they want. Why?" Soonyoung responded calmly. His eyes narrowed at the boy sitting across from him. "Lee Jihoon I love you and you are mine. At any given time I will not let you go. Note that in your mind."

Jihoon heaved a heavy breath. "I'm afraid to say that's an impossible thing, Mr. Kwon. At some points you would have to let me go." Only God and he knew how hurting his heart while saying those words.

His slanting eyes stared right at the older boy's. Jihoon slightly could see the wounds and emotions that he himself couldn't interpret there. "I just don't want to be a fool who goes against the truth. You know, in this world there is indeed something we live to strive for. Call it happiness. But will you still fight for that if it turns out that your happiness is a source of others' suffering? Being selfish sometimes is indeed needed. But in our case, it would mean you who are going against your parents' willing and I would leave my appa. We're going to hurt a lot of people, Soonyoungie."

Soonyoung clicked his tounge in annoyance, "Then what do you want now? Me accepting Jeon Wonwoo? Is that what you want to say since the beginning? Lee Jihoon you're hurting yourself. Stop it! We can get through this. We're not going to break up!" He said softly; emphasizing his heartfelt each word.

Jihoon wiped his tears that suddenly slid off the end of his eyelids. "Do you think I'm not hurting while telling you this? Do you know how hard I squeeze my own hands since I saw you walking here? Do you even know my heart is weeping blood now? I love you Kwon Soonyoung. These are all the hardest things for me to say but I have to. Because I realize we can never be together. Never."

The older boy froze in his seat, his brain suddenly seemed to die; not able to analyze further informations. Clearly enough, his mind and heart were not in a good condition. "Well, if that's what you want, Lee Jihoon. I will accept the engagement and we end up here." He said in final and stood up from his seat. His legs stepped away from the table numbered 8 in silence. Leaving behind a little boy who is a well-known genius in music department, sobbing alone.

"Hyung. Are you in need of a shoulder to cry?" Said a boy with a deep voice; approaching the little one and sat beside him.

Jihoon with his swollen eyes could only shake his head slowly, "No. Go back to work or Jeonghan hyung will cut off your salary, Mingyu-ah. I'm fine."

The boy named Mingyu sighed wearily, "Hansol and Seungkwan are there. Moreover, the visitors won't come at this hour so.. Don't worry about that! Err.. anyway do you want me to bring you a mirror hyung?" He asked the boy; making him frowned involuntarily. "What for?"

Mingyu smiled oh-so-widely; showing his infamous fangs, "You said that you're okay, if I may be honest, you now look no better than Jeonghan hyung when he is losing his favorite basketball." Jihoon's slanting eyes widened, "Really? Am I that horrible Mingyu-ah? Oh my God, I'm going to clean up this messy face first. Please take my place at the cashier for a while, okay?" He then walked quickly toward the room for the workers café.

Mingyu smiled gently thereafter. "Jihoon hyung, you don't deserve to cry. I promise to always keep a bright smile on your face." He whispered to himself softly.