| Bang |

Out of the woods

[Victoria]

Today was meant to be a normal day. The sun rose as usual and shone into her room. It warm glow was inviting.

The tree outside her window had chirpy birds as usual. The flowers that she set on her dressing table was in full bloom. The sweet scent of roses filled the air.

She found her eyes unexpectedly drawn to the sharp thorns as if noticing them for the first time.

Everything was as colorful and beautiful as she had remembered. She couldn’t help but wonder why she felt uneasy on such a beautiful day. The chill of the marble floor was long gone from the warmth of the sun.

She didn’t understand why a chill seemed to have settled in her chest. However, there was not much time left to waste. She was a busy woman and there were many things that she would like to do today.

Quickly she settled into her usual routine in getting ready for the day.

She had always been more of a coffee kind of person but for some reason or another today she craved for the scent of tea.

Making her way across the living room where she kept the rarely used tea set, she was not paying attention to her surrounding. The next moment, she felt herself slip on a puddle that could not have been there.

Blinking in confusion, the panic was not setting in yet. She could not possibly have heard it but she heard a loud crack as darkness creep into her vision.

 

The next sight took her breath away as an endless forest replace her boring 4 walls.