| Trigger |

Out of the woods

[KRYSTAL]

Something has changed. Maybe it had also been there but this morning the situation just hit her in her face.

The birds chirping on the tree near her window used to be a melodious wakeup call but these days she almost doesn’t even hear them anymore. The soft morning sun casting a glow in her room ceased to fascinate her anymore.

The colors in seemed to slowly bleed out of her life. Everything is seems to be muted and dull now.

Abruptly sitting up in her bed, she wondered just what this feeling means. Things have taken on a more monotone turn.

She scowled, her eyes found wilted flowers on her dressing table. She had never really been a spacey person. But these few days, she had been staring off into the space, getting flashes of random scenery, which she swore she never knew.

Something was off but she couldn’t put her finger on what exactly was different. Shaking off the thought, she swing her legs off the bed and pushed herself to get ready for the new day.

Trying to get herself back into the usual routine wasn’t easy, as she pulled a thin jacket over her shoulders.

All she wants to do was to curl up in her bed.

It was probably her lethargy, which made her forget her cup. She would have sworn that the table was set for breakfast which includes her teacup but that was clearly not the case.

It wasn’t until the tea was dripping on to the floor before she realized that the teacup was missing. Even then, it was almost as if her limbs were locked.

She watched as the tea dripped and pooled on the ground.

The pool grew and she found her eye lost in the puddle of tea that formed as the background fades to darkness.