| Effects |

Out of the woods

[LUNA]

The morning started as per usual. rays of the sun shone into the room, illuminating the space with a soft glow.

To her eyes, the delicate pastels of the interior looked dull and colourless. Throwing the covers back from her body, she raised herself out of bed wincing at the cold marble floor of her room. It was one of the few days where she actually had the motivation to pull herself out of the lulling slumber.

Things had not been going well recently. The listless look in her eyes was a dead give away. But she was alive and breathing, that was the most important part.

At least, that was what the therapist told her. Brushing her hair is a chore that she once adored. She would spend most of her morning routine preparing to look her best for the world. It would be rude otherwise.

But now, none of that matters anymore. Who really cares about how she looks now?

With a firm shake of her head, she tried to dispel such negative thoughts. It was bad for her health but she couldn’t stop what she started. It was like a chain reaction, setting off one negative thought after another. The flower she kept in her room was in full bloom.

She made the effort to at least keep one thing that is beautiful to her near by. But as the days gone by, even the natural beauty lost its colour to her. A deep sigh escaped from her lips as she struggled to distract herself. Willing herself out of her bed, she felt a pull and watched as darkness took over.