if I fall, i know you will always catch me

Burn In Flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once we arrived at the venue, I gulped down the whole sparkling water in one shot and wiped it using the edges of the dress. Kai can only watch me with amusement and held his hand. I gladly take it.

People was staring and murmuring as I passed by maybe because they never saw me around as these kinds of party is not my cup of tea. But as I owe Sehun, I need to do it unwillingly. We glided through the stairs and earned some stares. I ducked my head as suddenly I felt insecure under their curious stare. Kai pat my hand softly as he is still holding my hands. He knows that I'm nervous and not used to this kind of situation. At least soberly.

"Ja Eun, we'll have to stop here. Sehun will come here in a few minutes and ask for a dance and probably eat something light before this event ends. I will wait with the others outside this event. You can call me if you need anything." He gave me his number earlier as he said in case something happen. I let out a shaky breath and he chuckled. "Relax. Sehun is kind of superior around here. If they see you with Sehun immediately they will stop staring as everyone here knows that Sehun doesn't like people look at him or any of his peers. And that includes you I'm pretty sure of that."

He doesn't like to be look at? Well that's shocking because he looks like he was fond of attention.

 

Speaking of the devil.

 

"Do I keep you waiting long enough?" He asked me. He looked a little rush as his hair is slightly damp and messy but not surprising good looking as hell. With his black tux and black Oxfords that is so shiny make me a bit flabbergasted under his gaze. He raised a brow but didn't say anything. "You have the tendency to look good finally." He said although sarcastically. I roll my eyes and grab a glass of champagne, mocking a smirk.

"Well as your date in today event, I have to look good in order to keep up with your reputation, am I right?"

"Well that is mostly true, Ms. Ja Eun. Now, if you are not busy or whatsoever, may I have this dance?"

I put down my glass and put my hands on him. "On the circumstances given, I think you shall, Mr. Oh." And then we glided into the night with small rumble of laughters and clanking glasses of champagne with nothing but happiness in between.

It was a shortwhile event but I appreciated that he mostly has make me forget about someone who I did not want to say his name even after billion years has pass. I thanked Sehun and went into my rusty apartment quietly.

 

Wearing nothing but a big comfortable shirt of my late brother and a pair of , I sat down on a couch and sip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter