Joong Ki

all the things left unsaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kwang Soo’s been blabbering on and on about Jong Kook and Ji Hyo being an item but Joong Ki only gets to see it with his own eyes when he guest stars in Running man again.

When Kwang Soo first dished about it, Joong Ki had responded to it with a disbelief snort. Since the stories about these two kept mounting up, he had to google search about the ‘supposedly in love’ couple  to get the facts straight. The results were astonishing. And although they were not a testament to Kwang Soo’s observation they did shake Joong Ki’s initial judgement.

-

The team’s mission is to take part in a charity match for the upcoming 2016 Asian Smile Cup in China. Joong Ki is thrilled to be back, happy to feel like he’s home again and embraces the welcoming atmosphere the members give him at the emotional reunion in the locker room.

Out on the field, the members were instructed to warm up before the match kicks off. Joong Ki spots Ji Hyo a few feets away and is about to run to her for small talks while warming up when she simply makes a dart for Jong Kook. Joong Ki watches how Jong Kook patiently instructs Ji Hyo on the different techniques that can be used on the field. Ji Hyo listens attentively, sometimes saying something that causes Jong Kook to burst out laughing and nudge her teasingly. Joong Ki is in awe at how happy they look just by kicking the ball back and forth.

Reality only seems to prove how right Kwang Soo was. Jong Kook gets injured half way through the match and is sent off the pitch. Ji Hyo stands up right away and dashes to Jong Kook's side. As Jong Kook has difficulty walking- practically limping on his feet- Ji Hyo places his arm around her shoulder while guiding him to the seat next to her.

“I told you this would happen,” Ji Hyo scolds him softly, draping a jacket over his shoulder and placing a bottle of water into his palm. When the staff comes to take a look at Jong Kook’s injured knee and give him the needed first-aid, Ji Hyo grabs his hand and gives it reassuring squeezes.

Joong Ki suddenly finds him in a rather awkward position. He’s not that keen on eavesdropping a conversation that is private and personal but he can’t help it, at least not when he’s sitt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter