Haha

all the things left unsaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Haha takes not of it through his wife.

“You didn’t tell me Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were a thing.” Byul accuses, side-eyeing him from the passenger seat as they are on their way home from a meal with the cast.

Haha is close to slamming the break. “What do you mean a thing?” He asks, half scandalized, half shocked by the idea.

Byul cracks a smile, ready to shoot her thoughts. “Isn’t it obvious? They always stick to each other. They act like a couple with all the talking and laughing and what not. I saw them today. There’s no doubt.”

Haha shakes his head. “It’s Jong Kook and Ji Hyo we’re talking about. There’s no way they are into each other. They would make the worst couple in history. The Commander and The Ace.” Just the thought of it makes him shudder in angst.

“Do you want to bet?”

After a while spent contemplating, Haha nods his head with a smirk. “Sure thing. Two weeks doing all the chores without the other one assisting.”

He holds out his hand which she takes happily. “It’s on.”

 

-

 

Just to prove herself right, Byul organizes dinner at their place and invites the whole Running man family over. She intentionally sends Ji Hyo and Jong Kook the wrong time (5:00 pm instead of 6:00 pm like the others).

To Haha’s annoyance, they wound up at his door at the same time, Jong Kook carrying Ji Hyo’s bag while she’s sort of fixing his hair.

“You two are the first ones.” Haha prompts, hoping they would give him some sort of plausible explanation as to why they are here together (We ran into each other in the parking lot, we met in the foyer accidentally, we …)

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook let it slip without mentioning anything else as if it were a given thing. Ji Hyo takes his overcoat and hangs it up for him. Jong Kook, who could have followed Haha inside, made it a point to wait for Ji Hyo and walk in with her.

“Told you so.” Byul mouths to her husband playfully.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter