Brand New World

Almost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Brand New World

 

I was about to go home and ride the car when I saw Mark entered the building again. And this time, he was with Baek Ah Yeon. They both looked at me and they caught me looking at them. Then Ah Yeon approached me. “Hey!” she said. “Congratulations on your future debut. I heard you’ll be debuting as a solo artist.”

 

I shyly smiled at her. How did she know about that?

 

I then looked at Mark, waiting for him to say congratulations to me too. But he just smiled at me and both of them left. And for the second time around, he ignored me. I went out of the building and approached my driver and went home.

 

A lot of things happened today and I do not know what to feel anymore. But at least, I am going to debut soon. I am going to debut soon and I am sure with that. This time, it’s not anymore an ‘almost’. It is getting real.

 

After a few minutes of ride, I have arrived home. When I arrived home, I saw my dad talking with someone on the phone. I wanted to interrupt him and tell him the good news but it would be a bad manner if I do that. Instead, I went upstairs to my parents’ room and I saw mom fixing some papers there.

 

“Jieun-a” she said. “How was your talk with Mr. JYP?”

 

I immediately went near mom and hugged her so tight. “JYP just told me that he is going to make me debut as a solo artist. Did you hear that mom? A solo artist.” I excitingly said. And I saw how mom was so happy with what I just said.

 

“I’m sure your dad will be proud of you.” she said.

 

“Why should I be proud of her?”

 

I heard dad’s voice and he entered the room. “She wasn’t even a part of the girl group and now a lot of media men are contacting me about that and asking interviews.” he said. Then he approached me. “I told you, if you can’t be number 1, then, better quit it.”

 

“Dad.” mom said. “She has good news to say.”

 

I just tried to ignore what dad has said earlier. Instead, I took a deep breath, smile and started to open my mouth to speak. “JYP PD-nim just said that the reason why they didn’t choose me to be a part of the girl group was because they wanted me to debut as a solo artist.” I told dad.

 

Then I saw dad stopped from what he is doing and then looked at me. “Well that is great.” he said and went outside.

 

Did I just say something wrong? I thought he is going to be proud of me.

 

Mom then approached me and hugged me. “Don’t worry my dear. I know your dad is so proud of you. He just doesn’t like to show it. But I know he is.”

 

I hope so, mom. I hope so.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week after…

 

JYP had already talked with my parents and they both agree that I should live in the dorm. I have also signed a contract with JYP Entertainment and two months after the debut of ‘TWICE’, I will be debuting with my self-entitled album. My stage name will just be my name, ‘Jieun’, besides, my family is well-known so I do not have to change name.

 

Today, I am going to transfer to the dorm. I wasn’t able to say goodbye to my parents since they went out early this morning. I guess I will just be saying goodbye to my room. I’m already used to it, leaving without anyone noticing.

 

I took my luggage out and my driver helped me put my things inside the car. After putting everything, I immediately entered the car and now, we’re on our way to JYPE. My heart is running fast. I am so excited. This is going to be a brand new world for me. I mean, yes, I have met a lot of trainees but this time, I’ll be experiencing their special trainee program and I am going to live in the dorms.

 

This is going to be the first time I am going to live without my parents. Since I was a child, I am always with them. Now, I am alone. I can be independent. But still, I can’t do what I want because the Lee name is still connected with me. I can’t do anything that will embarrass my dad.

 

My driver then parked the car. Wooh. This is it. I am here at the dorms.

 

I went out of the car and helped my driver to put down my things. Then Hae Sung unnie approached me. “Welcome to the dorm, Jieun-a!” she said. She started helping me with my things.

 

Hae Sung unnie is more likely my manager. She is the one going to fix my future schedules and trips, and trainings. I’m glad she is the one chosen for me. She reminds me of Kang Sora so much. She looks like her.

 

“You’ll be starting as a special trainee tomorrow, right? Then after a few months, you’ll be having you debut.” she said.

 

I smiled at her. “Thank you for believing on me.” I said. “But by the way, what is the difference between the special trainees and the normal trainees?”

 

Hae Sung unnie started to think. “Uhmm.” she said. “Special trainees are those trainees who are treated like normal JYP artists and also, they have the chance to be training with JYP artists. Plus, they already have assurance of debut. Meanwhile, the normal trainees, well, you already know how they are treated.”

 

“So, it’s like the major and minor team?” I asked her and she nodded.

 

I wonder how my roommates act. Are they kind? Are they clean with their things? Because I was raised in a very strict way so I will find it difficult to be with them if they are quite living differently from me.

 

We were walking at the hallway when we met Jr. on the way. “Jieun-a?” he exclaimed while he was smiling at me. I bowed down to give him a little respect. Besides, he is still my sunbae.

 

“Maybe you would like to welcome her to the dormitories. Besides, she will also stay here.” Hae Sung unnie told Jr. Then Jr.’s eyes enlarged as if he was very surprised and happy.

 

“You mean…” Jr. said. And Hae Sung unnie just nodded happily. He immediately hugged me so tight. But removed it quickly too. “I thought she didn’t make it to the top 7. How come?”

 

“It’s not me to answer it.” Hae Sung unnie said. “We’ll gotta be going. She needs to pack her things as well as rest a bit for the special training tomorrow.”

 

“Is that so?” Jr. said. “Well then, see you around!”

 

Then we started walking again. I was kinda shocked that he is here. I mean,

 

“Are JYP artists also staying in this building?” I asked Hae Sung unnie.

 

And she simply nodded. My heart suddenly beat fast. So it means, I am going to meet Mark here too, if time will allow it. I will be able to see him more frequent. I don’t know what to feel. It seems like, I really wanted to see him.

 

I have to stop myself from smiling. Hae Sung unnie might think I am crazy or something for smiling without any reason. We were walking and I can see the doors of the dorms. I saw the names of the artists there. I saw Twice’s room. So it is where they will be staying. I wonder if they already have transferred dorm.

 

We continue walking and I saw 15&’s dorm. So this is where Jimin and Yerin are staying. I wonder if they are inside their dorm. I really wanted to see them. They have really great voices. Suddenly, one door caught my attention. GOT7’s dorm

 

I didn’t realize it made me pause for a while. So this is where Mark stays. I wonder what he is doing right now. I wonder.

 

“Jieun-a, this is going to be your dorm.” Hae Sung unnie said. I looked at her and immediately followed her. It was just two doors away from GOT7’s dorm. So it means, there is really a great possibility that I will be able to see Mark every day. This is making everything exciting.

 

“WOAHHH!!” I heard shouts from the inside of my dorm.

 

“Seems like Serine is on a full-mode today.” Hae Sung unnie said and she knocked at the door.

 

“Wait a minute.” a girl shouted.

 

We waited for a couple of seconds before the door opened. Then someone opened the door. “Uh, Hae Sung unnie. What are you doing here? We do not have training today.”

 

“I’m not here to fetch you for your training.” Hae Sung unnie said. “I am here to introduce to you a new roommate.”

 

“New roommate?” she exclaimed and then looked at me. She then looked inside the room. “Just wait for a few minutes.”

 

Then she closed the door and I heard some clashing of things inside.

 

“Seems like someone hasn’t fixed her bed yet.” Hae Sung unnie said. And that made me laugh a bit. Then the door opened again.

 

“Welcome!” she said. “You should have told us that she will be arriving today so Jess and I would have cleaned it a little bit.”

 

She whispered to Hae Sung unnie and that made me laugh a bit. She then looked at me and offered her hand. “Hi! My name is Serine and you are?”

 

“I am…”

 

“Wait.” she said. “You’re a part of SIXTEEN, ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter