The Start of Every 'ALMOST'

Almost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: The Start of Every ‘ALMOST’

 

“I hate to say this.” JYP said.

 

Everybody in the place is already tensed. Today is the final day of SIXTEEN and we will be able to know who will be the final top 9 who will debut as the girl group ‘Twice’. Every one of us is hoping that we will be chosen.

 

A lot of trainees and even some JYP artists believe that I will be included on the top 9 since I am the only one who was always on the major group. I once became a part of the minor group because I was injured when I was performing.

 

Why was I injured? Because of the man I liked. Mark.

 

We had this task wherein we will be performing with JYP artists. We randomly picked the artists who we will be performing with. I was hoping to perform with Mark and Min unnie but too bad, I only got Mark and Jr. Well, at least I know they can help me improve my dancing skills.

 

We started to have our practice and Jr. was so eager to choreograph the dance we will be performing. I can still remember what he said.

 

“Kyaaa! I am so excited to choreograph this dance. We will make sure you’ll stay at the major team.” Jr. said.

 

Jr. was so approachable but Mark seems to be like the usual him, the quiet one. He doesn’t reacts much unlike Jr. And that is where I started liking him. He is mysterious and I liked that. So, when was I injured? It was during the time Mark was teaching me how to do those flying things he is doing.

 

I tried to do it a lot of times but it is really difficult for me to do it until it came to a point where Mark got mad at me for not being able to do that.

 

“Are you really sure you deserve to be on the major team?” he said. “Even your co-trainee Sana can do the simple cartwheel.”

 

On those moments, I wanted to cry. It wasn’t the first time I got scolded by someone but it hurts to be scolded by someone you admire.

 

“Take it easy Mark. Besides, she’s a girl. How would you expect her to do that trick on just three days?” Jr. said.

 

But Mark didn’t mind Jr. instead he went outside. Jr. tapped my back a bit and tried to comfort me but he also followed Mark. When they were gone, I decided to prove to Mark that I am good. I don’t want to be compared with anybody. Sana is my friend, but I am already sick of being compared. I will prove to him that I can do it.

 

I started to do it. I started to try to fly like him. I even think of how he is doing all of those stuffs and I stopped thinking about myself. Maybe in that way, I can do it. After almost 30 minutes of arms hitting the mirror, head banging the floor, feet sliding the floor, I have done it. But I wanted to make sure I can really do it and it is not just merely an accident. I decided to do it again, and that is where the accident happened.

 

My left foot landed wrongly, and inside me, I can feel the pain. On that moment, I know I can’t stand up but I managed to sit down. I tried to press my foot and it is really painful. I can feel tears are forming in my eyes because of too much pain. But then, I heard footsteps. I immediately wiped my tears and tried to stand up but I can’t.

 

The door then opened and I saw Mark and Jr. entered the room.

 

“Look, she is just sitting all the time.” Mark said.

 

“Maybe she was just resting a bit. Give her another chance.” Jr. said.

 

I have to prove to him. I told myself that. So even if it is painful, I decided to stand up. When I was standing up, I can feel the pain and it made me bit my lip. Jr. started to play the music. I stepped my left foot and I felt the pain covering my whole body. So I used my right foot so it will be less pressure to my left foot. But still, I don’t want them to see the pain. But I guess, I can’t hide anything from Jr.

 

The music was playing and it is time for me to do the flipping on the air. I took a deep breath and did it. I landed with my right foot and make sure that my left foot won’t land. But I guess, the pressure of my jump was too high making it hit the floor. I felt the pain but I tried my best to not show them the pain. Instead, I continued dancing.

 

I saw Mark stopped for a bit and I stared at him. Jr. looked at Mark and he immediately turned off the music. I guess he was shocked that I was able to do it. I turned my head down and started to talk, “I guess we should end this practice today. Let’s all clear our heads first and make it cool.” I said and I started walking outside.

 

When I was about to go to the door, I can’t handle the pain anymore. I collapsed and they immediately went near me. That’s when they knew about my foot’s condition. It was a few days away from the presentation and I can’t change everything. I still continue to perform with my foot being injured. They don’t want me to perform anymore but I insisted. And that is the reason why I was put into minor team. JYP said that I should also think of the feelings of those who will watch. They will be worried.

 

But then on the next episodes, I was able to go back to the major team.

 

“The panel and I have decided and she will be the one completing the top 7 and be able to debut as a part of ‘Twice’.” JYP said. The pressure again came back. It is the last slot and my parents are expecting me to be a part.

 

They are in the crowd and I shouldn’t fail them. The music sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter