Chapter 3

Finding Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter got me really excited as I've been waiting since forever for this. It's hard to find the right time to update when college started. I am on a semester break now. Not that long though. Just three weeks. It gives me a lot of time to update this at least. Anyways, enjoy! ^^

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3 

 

When she was about five, she thought riding a bicycle was the hardest thing to learn in the world. However, as she grew up to be a curious 9-year-old, her opinion changed drastically. Mathematics was indeed the hardest thing she had ever done or learned. (Not that she only started learning the subject when she was nine.) She felt like she could comprehend Math when she first learned it.

To her great surprise, the consequences of Mathematics were far worse that those physical injuries she had suffered from while trying to master riding that two-wheel contraption. Falling from a bicycle countless of times gave her physical injuries that could cure within a period of at least one week and maximum; one month. However, Mathematics tortured her emotionally whenever she had a low grade; and till today; the emotional pain remained.

Then a couple of years after that she started learning Chemistry and Physics; which; for Park Myungeun, were twice as worst compared to Mathematics and learning how to ride a bicycle combine.

Half a decade had gone since her first encounter with Physics and Chemistry, her opinions changed again. Physics and Chemistry were not the hardest thing to learn in the world.

Now, at the age of 21, she realized, the hardest thing to do in the world was to learn how to satisfy people. Something more generic in her opinion. It sounded like some deep-meaning quotes one would find on the internet. She wasn’t being dramatic exactly. She wasn’t being “deep” either. She was being truthful. Really, it was so hard to satisfy people. Specifically, it was so hard to satisfy Professor Chaerin.

The sun shone brightly through the windows and lit up half the area where Park Myungeun sat. She was spending her afternoon in the library (again). It was Friday and usually she would spend her time with Jiyeon as they had free period. To her great dismay, she cannot afford to do that. Time was luxurious to her.

Luckily, Jiyeon was kind enough to tag along. To cheer her up she said.

“I don’t understand Myungeun. You literally search up the whole library and for what?” Jiyeon started. Her fingers were busy tracing the spine of the books at one of the library shelves; probably looking for something that could spark her interest.

Myungeun looked up from the book she was holding. “I don’t know,” she responded. “Basically, anything that could help me in writing the script.”

“What’s so hard about writing a script?” Jiyeon inquired. “I thought it wasn’t that difficult. I mean, you just jot down the dialogues and added a few statements about how the stage would look like, the lightings and props and what not.” Jiyeon finally selected a book that she wanted to read and immediately skimmed through the pages.

Myungeun sighed. She stopped reading the book she was holding as she found nothing interesting in there. “That’s the problem. Everything is easy unless it involves Professor Chaerin.”

Jiyeon laughed at this. “Don’t tell me you are holding a grudge against her…”

Myungeun sighed again. “It’s hard to say. I can’t hate a lecturer because I am too kind of a person (‘Jiyeon snorted at that statement’) but whenever she pops up in my mind I can’t help but feel angry and nervous. My anxiety builds up every time her voice echoes in my ears.” Myungeun confessed.

Al though it sounded a little dramatic from Jiyeon's point of a view, her expression remained stoic as she was for more concern about the book she was holding. The title seemed interesting but the whole content of the book was absolute rubbish. Judging a book by its cover was something she should stop making as a habit she thought.

“If you want something that could help you writing a script, why are we in the fiction section?” Jiyeon raised an eyebrow.

“That Jung Yein girl did say that they already decided on fairy tales. You know how bad I am at it. I mean….” Myungeun started fiddling the corner of the page she was reading. “I don’t have much knowledge about it. I’m basically reading every original fairy tale book I could find.”

“Fairy tale isn’t that hard if you read some of the classic piece, like the real classic ones and watch all the movies. Anyway, other than Jung Yein, nobody turned up to offer you a helping hand or anything?” asked Jiyeon, as she gave a one last look at the title of the book she was reading and flipped it shut. “I swear I am never going to read this book again. Rubbish wrapped in a very fine hardcover.” She commented before putting the said reading material back to where she took it.

“That’s another problem in my list of problems. I feel like no one in the theatre club really wants to help me other than Jung Yein. She already tipped me off with information and I don’t want to rely on her much. To add to the issue, I hardly read fairy tale fictions or watch one. How am I supposed to absorb myself in to the world when I don’t master the basics?” whined Myungeun as she too, put the book she was reading back to where she took it. “Well, I did read a few though like Gingerbread Man and Chicken Little but I’m not sure those are the kind of stories that people in this college want to waste their money on.”

Completely ignoring what Myungeun said, Jiyeon questioned Myungeun. “Do you know what makes “Cinder” great?”

Jiyeon’s rhetorical inquiry made Myungeun; who was too busy looking for another book; halted and held

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter