Chapter 1

Finding Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Firstly I would like to apologize to my subscribers. I'm sorry for delaying the first chapter of this fanfic. I hope you are still interested in reading it. And also I want to thank you guys for subscribing it really means a LOT to me like A LOT. And also to those who upvoted it. You guys are hella awesome! 

                   

                                                            

 

 

Chapter 1 

 

“Excuse me but what are we watching exactly?”

“Something fun.”

“What’s fun to you isn’t fun to me.”

“You’ll see,”said Kim Jiyeon. Her finger pressed the remote control in her hand.

Hearing this, Park Myungeun didn’t utter a word; instead, she kept her eyes focused on the television. The television lighted up followed by the sound that came from the dvd.

It was Friday movie night and Park Myungeun and Kim Jiyeon were deciding on which movie to watch. The activity used to be fun until they realised they were running out of dvds and good films from their pendrive. However, Jiyeon came out with a so-called brilliant plan of hers. She rushed to the nearest dvd store and selected a few movies beforehand. Myungeun didn’t bother to follow her. She also didn’t know what kind of film did Jiyeon choose for their "movie date”. Honestly speaking, in this modern era of technology, they could have just browsed the internet and watch movies online, but to their dismay, the college wifi was running slow again and Kim Jiyeon was a very conventional girl in certain aspects of life so to the dvd store she went. How very Kim Jiyeon of her, Myungeun thought.

Lying she was if she said she wasn’t curious of Jiyeon’s choices. Both of them knew very much of themselves; their taste varied so much at times. It was curious how they became friends.

Usually what Jiyeon liked did not appeal to Myungeun at all and what Myungeun liked always raised questions from Jiyeon.

Being the curious person she was, Park Myungeun kept on asking Jiyeon what movie she had selected but her friend insisted that she did not want to ruin the surprise.

“I assure you this movie will be super incredible if only you take time to appreciate the beauty of the storyline,” persuaded Kim Jiyeon hopefully.

“I feel like I already hate this movie when you said that.” Myungeun retorted.

Ignoring her friend’s comment, Jiyeon pressed the ‘play’ button. The television went bright indicating that the movie already started. A huge familiar logo came out on screen.

Myungeun scoffed. “A Disney movie?” She raised one eyebrow sceptically. “This better be good. I do hope it’s Toy Story.”

“Sadly…. No.” Jiyeon shook her head.

“Then what? High School Musical?”

This time, Jiyeon did not answer. Myungeun gave up and she immediately shifted her focus on watching the television.

But then her face fell. An unfamiliar melody filled her ears. It sounded like a group of choir was singing a very classic piece from the past. The audio sounded so old that Myungeun was sure that this movie could not be something from this millennium.

“Cinderella”

“You’re as lovely as your name”

The voices from the movie chorused.

Myungeun felt like she was forcefully dragged back to the early 19th century.

She shook her head disapprovingly every time the voices sang a new verse. 

“Really Kei? Cinderella?” Myungeun eyed her friend sceptically, raising one eyebrow. She really can’t believe it. Out of all the movies she could waste her money on, instead she chose this lousy fairy tale.

Kim Jiyeon looked at her friend apologetically while muttering an excuse. “Oh Myungeun. Please don’t be mad. I’m sorry it had to be Cinderella but we ran out of movies and I was really desperate to get my hands on this classic piece.”

Not shaken at all by her friend’s statement, Myungeun folded her arms as the corner of raised an inch out of annoyance.

“It’s the 1950s Cinderella,” continued Jiyeon, obviously fishing sympathy. “You know how hard it is to get one. It sold out mostly everywhere!”

“But we agreed on watching something that both of us wanted to watch…” Myungeun groaned as she fished for the remote and switched the television off.

“If we’re not watching anything besides fairy tale then I’d rather not watch anything at all.” Being the thick-headed girl she was, Myungeun stated her final decision loud and clear. Though this did not please Jiyeon at all when she heard it.

“What’s your deal against Cinderella??” Jiyeon finally snapped; completely annoyed with her roommate impossible antique. “I ran to the nearest dvd store just to buy something for the sake of the both of us and yet this is what I get for trying.”

Myungeun sighed. “Look… I’m sorry okay. It’s just…” She trailed off; not exactly knowing what else she could say to defend herself. “Cinderella… Fairy tales…. Whatever… They’re not my thing.”

“Oh so you think that action movies, out-of-the-world storylines and Captain America are my thing?” Kim Jiyeon questioned. “They are your thing and yet I’ve been able to keep up to that for weeks, oh heck no, for months.”

Myungeun suddenly felt guilty for whining like a baby a few moments ago. Her friend was right. All this time they had been watching were the things that she liked. Not what they liked.

“All right then. If Cinderella is what you want to watch, then okay…” She finally gave in.

“Good.” Jiyeon retorted. “.. because I’m not watching anything besides Cinderella.” The girl scoffed as she reached out for the remote control and switched the television on again. Words cannot describe how upset she was that they fought over trivial things for the third time this week. It was a very simple matter yet Myungeun decided to pick on it. There was obviously nothing wrong with a little bit of fairy tale in life. Yes. Fairy tales were absurd and most of the time, ridiculous; but they were all for entertainment purpose. What’s wrong with having a little bit of fun?

The girl sighed. Sometimes it was very difficult to keep up to Myungeun’s mood swings. However, Jiyeon did not blame Myungeun entirely. Living with her roommate for almost three years she already knew her too well. Park Myungeun would never acted this way unless that day was coming up.

That very important day of every year.

That day that triggered all her senses and overloaded her mind until it was at the edge of exploding.

 

Suddenly, Myungeun’s mobile phone rang. She immediately fished out the device from her pocket. Myungeun stared at her screen; not knowing whether she should answer the call or not. The phone rang like mad. Her ringtone wasn’t helping either. It blasted a hard core hip hop song that could irritate anyone who heard it unwillingly. 

The girl took a deep breath before answering.

“Hello?” Came out Myungeun’s voice. 

“Yes, hi. Am I bothering you? I truly apologize for that especially at this hour but this is an emergency,” said the voice from the other side.

Myungeun glanced at her wrist watch. If she had to speak the truth; yes. The call definitely bothered her.

“No. Of course not,” lied Myungeun. “It’s only half past eleven. So, what’s the issue?”

The voice on the other end of the line paused for a while before she spoke through the phone.

“It's her.”

 

¬¬¬¬¬

“A humiliation. An abomination. Dishonour. A disgrace to human kind.”

The corner of twitched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter