Chapter 2

Finding Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                         

 

 

Chapter 2 

 

 

The blank page of Microsoft Word staring back at her emptily. It had always been empty anyway. Always. Ever since she sat here since around two hours ago. She ordered a lot of milkshakes to calm down her nerves. However, to her great disappointment, the liquid that she was seeping slowly through the straw somehow managed to increase her level of anxiety instead of doing the opposite.

No, she thought. This will never work for her. Never. Not with zero knowledge of whatever she was supposed to do. In all honesty, what exactly was she supposed to do anyway? What was this madness that she got herself into?

Maybe this was a dream. A wonderful dream that turned out to be a nightmare. Maybe she will wake up soon. Her alarm clock will go off and she’ll groan and mutter. Then she will hear the sound of her roommate – Kim Jiyeon’s – voice; waking her up.  “Time to start a new day!” As she withdraws the curtain and the sun shines through her room.

However; it was simply a too childish of a thought.

It would seem like instead of solving the problems, she wanted to run away from it. That won’t be productive. Instead she would be mistaken as a coward. Certainly she did not want that.

Myungeun sighed again for the umpteenth time. She raked through her hair and entangled her already-messy bun. She led her hair loose freely; fingers still raked in between her smooth and silky hair.

“You’ll be the script writer for the next annual college play.”

Professor Chaerin’s voice rang through her mind like a very loud and annoying wedding bell.

This was really not going well for her. It had been four days ever since the tragic event.

Honestly, she’d rather the professor kicked her out of the club right on the spot than asking her to complete such an impossible task for an amateur like herself.

Professor Chaerin was obviously challenging her; to see how far she could go. How far she would do to please the “royal highness”. However, instead of a challenge, it felt more like a threat to Park Myungeun. Like somehow, the professor herself wanted to embarrass her – the already sad human being – for the final time before waving her goodbye while burying her alive.

Myungeun’s head snapped towards the direction of the door as the cafeteria started to fill up. A tidal wave of students came in like a group of bees; buzzing about like they had just finished up a whole lot of nectar; and now; they wanted to rest. It was rush hour anyway. Most classes finished in the afternoon and the following classes will start only after a few hours.

She groaned. She had liked the idea of working in a peaceful cafeteria. Myungeun’s class had finished earlier than most of the students. She had an ample of time to think of a very creative plot for the script. Sadly, none came to her mind.

Myungeun gave up. Considering that the place was already starting to become a little too noisy for her liking, she started to pack up her things. All she could think of now was her bed. She needed all the sleep she could get.

Her thoughts wandered off to wonderland as her steps brought her towards the automatic sliding door.

Before she could manage to slide herself out of the buzzing cafeteria; someone tugged her arm softly by the wrist; pulling her away from the exit.

Myungeun spun around; only to find a very familiar looking face; though she never really had any conversation with the said person.

“Hye there!” The peculiar-looking girl cheerful greeted her as though they were long lost mates.

Not knowing exactly how to react, Myungeun’s lips twitched upwards forming a very weird expression on her face; somewhere between wanting to snarl and wanting to sincerely smile at her presence. Her eyebrows were knitted together and she looked like she was forcing her facial muscles to grin.

She was obviously discomfort by the girl. Myungeun wanted to rest but this girl might eventually be the cause of her slight delay.

“No offence but I really have to go,” uttered Myungeun politely. Besides, they were standing next to the main doors of the cafeteria. Not exactly a suitable place for a chit chat. Too many people walking in and out and their loud voices would drown Myungeun and the girl’s voices very easily.

“I’m sorry but I really have something important to talk to you about.” The girl said.

Myungeun stared at her blankly. “What is it then?”

“Please. Let’s just take a seat first.” The girl gestured towards the nearest empty table.

“So we’re going to have a discussion in this zoo? No thanks. I’d rather sit elsewhere,” said Myungeun while eyeing the girl lazily.

“Then let’s go sit elsewhere.”

¬¬¬

The girl lightly pulled Myungeun’s wrist and half-dragging her towards an empty bench near the main building.

It was bright outside. However, it wasn’t too sunny or hot. It was adequate. A very nice weather for a very pleasant conversation. Not that Myungeun was hoping they had one.

Somehow she had a feeling that this won’t be very good.

The girl stopped in her tracks and released Myungeun’s wrist as they approached the said bench. She did not sit; nor did Myungeun.

“I’m sorry for disturbing you at the cafeteria but I feel like what I’m about to tell you is something that you really should know.” The girl began.

Myungeun looked at the girl sceptically. “I did not mean to be rude but I hope you make this fast. I’m really not in the mood for another surprise right now.”

The girl smiled sympathetically, expecting this kind of reply from Park Myungeun. “I really know how you feel. You must be very anxious considering the sudden task Professor Chaerin gave you the other day.”

By the mention of the task, Myungeun felt like her whole body slowly becoming more tense. “What about it?” Myungeun crossed her arm; trying to put off a strong façade.

“I should properly introduce myself before we get more in depth,” suggested the girl.

Myungeun didn’t respond, instead she waited for the girl to say more.

“I’m Jung Yein. I’m the co-scriptwriter for last year’s play; and I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter