Fear

Sleeping Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina hates the way she always says “yes” to everything or even worse, doesn’t say anything at all. If she could just stay strong at times like these and do as her gut says, but no… She bows like a reed in the wind.

 

She can’t remember whose idea it was to watch that damned horror movie. Tzuyu was currently in Taiwan whereas Chaeyoung and Dahyun had gone to see their families, which meant that the unnies were left alone that night. Of course, it meant that they had to do something that they normally couldn’t do, as in, stupid. So a horror movie it was.

 

Mina had seen plenty of scary movies during her short life and wasn’t the biggest scaredy-cat she knew, not by far. However, the movie had been a lot worse than she had expected, and even as she had watched it through her fingers and sat between Momo and Nayeon, it had shaken her so much.

 

Now everyone is asleep and she is holding on to a blanket like it is the only thing between her and the monsters of the world. She feels like a little child again, sure that there is someone or something lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right moment. The moment when her concentration lapses.

 

She can hear Sana breathing if she listens very carefully. When Nayeon turns to her back and sighs quietly, Mina almost jumps out of her own skin. She is so ridiculously scared that tears start rolling down her face. Somehow the crying makes her calmer, as she is concentrating on something else other than sounds and shadows and invisible evil spirits. She sniffles.

 

“Mina?” comes a whisper from the dark, which startles her. It’s Jihyo.

 

“Yeah?”                                

                                            

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing,” she says and tries to turn to her side. She doesn’t want to have this conversation right now. The whole thing is so embarrassing.

 

“Come here,” Jihyo says.

 

“What?” Mina can’t believe her own ears.

 

“Come here, please” Jihyo says and when she puts it like that…

 

No one can ever say “no” to Jihyo, which Mina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter