Exhaustion

Sleeping Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina fumbles her way to the bathroom. The task of washing her face seems like the hardest thing anyone could ever do. She has never slept with make-up on during her whole life and she wouldn’t start now, even if it the washing up is the last thing she would do.

 

Somewhere behind the closed door she can hear the others talking, but the usual happy banter is gone. She isn’t the only exhausted one.

 

She turns the tab on and waits for the water to warm up. She ties her hair on a messy bun and uses a small clip to get the fringe of off her face. Just before she starts splashing water on her face she can hear Jihyo’s distinct voice coming from the dorm. There is something comforting about it. It’s one of those small important things that are always present. The first word in the morning, the last word in the night and everything in between – words belong to Jihyo.

 

It takes her two different cleansers to get the heavy make-up off and by the time she is adding lotion to her face she can’t keep her eyes open anymore.

 

When she is finally finished she makes a beeline to the room she shares with Nayeon, Sana and Jihyo. The other girls are not around so she changes her clothes without much thought. She drops the clothes wherever they may drop and knows that someone will pick them up for her. Most likely the leader, or the eldest.

 

She opens the covers and leaps in like a diver. As her face meets the softness of the pillow she realizes that there is an odd scent on the pillow case. It’s lovely, she thinks briefly and smiles. Before she can think any further she is already asleep and gone from the waking world.

 

It takes several minutes before anyone else comes in. Sana is noisy as she searches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter