fourth

One Hundred Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

93 DAYS BEFORE

 

Nothing particularly interesting happened after the sleepover. Well, other than us waking up with terrible hangover and cleaning the mess we made in the theatre.

One week has passed since Junhoe officially asked me out to be his girlfriend, and what not. Majority of the school still thinks we’re not dating just yet, so I guess things are going the way I want it to. Both of us are doing good at covering the hickeys, and so are Hanbin and Hyeri.

Anyways, Junhoe’s birthday is coming in three days, as it’s the 27th of March now. And I already have a plan to surprise him on his birthday at his house, and his friends and my friends are already aware of it.

Though, the main problem is separating myself from Junhoe, so I can actually cross of the things off my surprise planner.

After spending almost four weeks constantly together, suddenly wanting some space just for a little while does seem suspicious.

“Babe, let’s go to the movies.” Junhoe grinned as his hand reached mine and intertwined our fingers together. School has just finished, and it’s a Friday, so typically I’d spend the evening with Junhoe. But today–well, the whole weekend–is a special occasion.

Knowing Junhoe’d ask me to go out with him, I’m happy to say I’ve already prepared the scenario. “I can’t today, I told you.” I replied.

“Oh.” he replied silently as we two walked past the hallway. Earlier today, I told him that I already have plans after school to go with Jiwon to pay a visit to our grandparents.

We might sound really cruel for lying to him, but I guess it’s the only way.

“Call as soon as you reach home?” Junhoe asked as I spotted Jiwon who’s walking towards us.

I nodded, smiling. “And I thought it was a girlfriend’s role to play clingy.”

“Well, you’re not doing so well in that, aren’t you? So I’m filling in your role.” he mockingly smirked. “And you’re filling my role in being the who bails on their partner.” he complained, and I can’t help but laugh.

Jiwon grabbed both my shoulders with his hands. “Let’s go?” he asked. He noticed Junhoe’s gloomy expression and cracked up. “Aw, is our Jun-nie sad that Areum-ie is ditching on him?” he teased in an annoying tone.

The addressed just rolled his eyes and gave Jiwon a stare. “I’m never lending you my books again.”

“Kidding, dude.” Jiwon immediately asked for an apology. “But seriously though, we have to go.” he continued.

I waved my goodbye at Junhoe. “Don’t be mad at me if I’ll show up in our video call with a new girlfriend,” he teased as I hugged him before I walked away. I just gave him a glare before I made my way towards Jiwon’s car.

* * *

“Which one does he like more though, cheesecake or chocolate cake?” I asked as Jiwon and I stood in front of a display rack which showcases a bunch of round big cakes.

“You really think I’d know?” Jiwon raised his brow at me. I rolled my eyes at his reply. “Why did I even think that it was a good idea to bring you along with me,” I muttered under my breath.

“Because I’m a part of your alibi?”

Jiwon made a point, but I was too busy choosing and taste-testing the cakes.

In the end, we decided to go for the chocolate cake after Jiwon argued that Junhoe has a low tolerance for milky things. We set up the appointment for Monday which is the day Jiwon will take the cake.

“What’s next now… the actual present?”

 

90 DAYS BEFORE

“So, someone’s birthday is tomorrow.” Hanbin snaps. A ‘whoo’ followed his sentence by the people in our table. Yunhyeong threw a piece of bread at Junhoe, and received a death glare as a reply.

“I’m not treating any one of you guys out, okay? So don’t get your hopes up.” Junhoe said calmly, taking a bite of his food.

Hanbin put on a playful smirk, “Oh, it’s your birthday too tomorrow? We were just talking about Seojun, the guy in our class.”

The table bursts out in laughter seeing Junhoe’s bad-beat face.

I just smiled, mildly talking and chatting along as we continued having lunch.

* * *

“Babeee,” I hear Junhoe’s voice coming towards me as I was tidying my books in my locker. Junhoe immediately hugged me from the back, wrapping his hands around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder. “Can I come over?”

It felt funny seeing him this clingy, but I somewhat understood. I’ve been fully ditching him the past weekend. We missed our weekly play dates in my house on Saturday, since I was preparing for the surprise.

But I can’t really let him come to the house. All of the surprise stuffs are there.

“What about I’ll come over to yours?” I suggested, smiling, turning back and looking at him.

It’s a very rare case for Junhoe’s friends to come to know the tiniest detail regarding his family. It was something they, nor I, have ever talked about. He keeps it to himself, and his friends know that. The only person who’s been to his house is Chanwoo, and it was just during the time Junhoe got so wasted he was unable to get himself home. Chanwoo, himself, was also intoxicated, so he didn’t remember much.

I felt Junhoe’s body stiffening, and I clenched my jaw, worrying that what I said have ticked him off.

But I turned around and saw that Junhoe was actually smiling, so a sigh of relief escaped from my mouth.

“My place, then?” he said, offering me his hand.

* * *

I beamed at the tall, gaping edifice that we’re making way towards. It’s one of the most renowned apartment buildings known in Seoul. The drive here from school wasn’t that long–but it was indeed shorter than the drive all the way from my house.

Junhoe drove the motorcycle into the building’s basement, parking it in a specific area that is empty.

“You live here?” I asked, hopping off the motorcycle. Never have I ever thought that Junhoe would live in an apartment. I received a nod as an answer.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and we both made our way towards the entrance of the building. “Never knew you lived in an apartment.” I murmured as we both were waiting for the elevator to come.

“Well, you’ve never asked.” he replied calmly.

His reply was partially right, but the reason why no one ever bothered to ask is because everyone thought he wouldn’t like it if we do.

The elevator arrived and Junhoe pressed the 7th floor after scanning his apartment key to the elevator’s scanner system.

“So… you live here.”

“You sound surprised.” Junhoe said, leaning against the elevator’s wall as it made its way up to the designated floor.

I gave him a confused look. “That’s because I am. Are your parents home?”

He smiled. “They’re on a one-month trip to the states visiting my sister.”

Now I’m even more surprised. I didn’t even know Junhoe had a sister.

“Whoa, I really do need the time to process whatever surprises you’re giving me today.” I muttered sarcastically.

A ‘ding’ noise was made signaling that we’ve arrived on the 7th floor–Junhoe’s house. As the lift opened, I was welcomed straight to his foyer. The décor of the foyer pretty much resembles the décor of the whole area–white with wooden accents and floorings.

He guided me through the foyer to the living room. Everything was surprisingly neat, and clean. How almost everything is white makes the area seem so sophisticated.

“Before you ask again, yes, so I live here.” he teased, gaping at me. I rolled my eyes and gave him a look, and he just laughed. “Okay, come on, let’s go to my room.”

We made our way to the stairs and climbed upstairs. Still with Junhoe guiding me, he opened the door to his room.

I was again, very surprised that nothing was out of place and his room is extremely neat–heck, it’s even neater than mine.

Junhoe’s room itself is huge, with quite a low ceiling, which provides a warm and earthy feeling, and it works well with the wooden floorings. Unlike the living room, which is full-on dominated by the color white, his room has tints of blues and blacks here and there, which gives off a homey feel.

Normal things you’d find in a guy’s bedroom is there in Junhoe’s. A basketball hoop is attached on the top part of the wall. A television is placed in the corner of the room, facing his bed, and I can spot some gaming consoles right below it. And knowing Goo Junhoe, you can never forget a huge built-in study desk. But unlike Jiwon’s, which is left unused most of the time since he studies on his bed, Junhoe’s study desk has tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter