second

One Hundred Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

102 DAYS BEFORE

 

“Good morning.” he greeted as soon as I opened the front door.

I smiled. “Morning,” I greeted back.

“Junhoe? Is that you?” a voice called from the inside of the house. I see my mother walking towards us. Oh she’ll freak him out alright. “Oh my god, so you’re the one Areum has been talking about!”

I looked at my mom in disbelief. What did she just say? The one who’s been talking about him is Jiwon because he’s freaking out!

“Good morning,” Junhoe greeted politely as he bows down. “Oh there’s no need to talk in such polite manners. You come here every weekend anyways!” my mom squealed happily. What is she doing?!

“Well then. Take care of Areum, if there’s anything just tell me,” she gave him a thumbs-up. “Got it,” Junhoe replied, making an OK with his hand.

“I’m planning to grab some food after school with Areum if that’s alright,” he continued. Gosh, my mom is too happy and Junhoe’s keeping it calm whereas I’m being ignored here.

My mom smiled. “Of course!” she exclaimed, still in a happy tone. Too happy. “Well then, you two better get going now.” she continued. Thank god she’s not going to chat around any longer.

Junhoe said his farewell to my mom before making his way out. “And Areum,” my mom whispered. “You’re finally getting a boyfriend!” she winked, slightly keeping her tone down.

“Goodbye moooom,” I said, not wanting to hear whatever she has to say regarding Junhoe any longer.

“Make good choices!”

* * *

“Jiwon!” I angrily called as I spotted my brother queuing for his food in the cafeteria. “Yes?” he replied, looking as innocent as ever.

I smacked him on the arm. “What have you done now that mom started teasing me too?!” I exclaimed as he started laughing.

“She did?” he replied excitedly, grinning.

“You planned all this?” I crossed my arms, standing in front of him.

He laughed once more. “Well, isn’t it better now that she knows the identity of the person providing your transportation to school and back?” he threw a question.

I rolled my eyes as he began walking in the lunch line. “WELL, wouldn’t it be better if you’ve kept quiet and stopped mom from thinking I’m dating him.”

“Dating who?” the voice which belonged to the person we were talking about made me shut my mouth immediately. “Afternoon, by the way.” Junhoe greeted and wrapped his arm around my waist.

Taken aback by Junhoe’s gesture and seeing Jiwon’s teasing smirk, I let out a sigh. “God, Kim Jiwon, get out of my way.” I said and shooed him away from his position in the line and stole it and proceed taking my tray and utensils.

“Kim Areum, have lunch with me!” Junhoe exclaimed, and I gave him a thumbs up before he had a chat with a speechless Jiwon. Ha, that’s what you get for teasing me nonstop for the past two weeks.

* * *

The few hours after school finished was again spent with Goo Junhoe. Safe to say, we basically spend everyday together except during classes and when we both are sleeping. Other than that? We were basically in contact with one another.

Am I complaining, though? Nope.

“Let’s grab some food again tomorrow?” he asks as we both stood opposite one another in front of my house. We’ve spent the evening in our usual pojangmacha once more. “I’m thinking about eating somewhere else though.” he continued.

“Eating in the same place for three consecutive days doesn’t sound too great, huh?” I smiled. “But, sure.”

Junhoe nodded. “Okay.” he smiled.

He looks at me in the eyes whereas I did the same. Brown meets brown.

And that was when his hand travelled towards my face and cupped it.

“I really want to kiss you.”

Silence. I don’t know what to say nor what to reply him with. Neither do I know how to react. Was I supposed to flirt back? Should I go all sarcastic and tell him he’s gross? Was I supposed to freaking kiss him at that point because he said my exact feelings too?!

I was going out of my mind.

“But I’ll save that for another day… for now this’ll suffice.”

He took a step forward–we were barely inches apart, and planted a quick kiss on my cheek.

I stayed silence for another minute.

Junhoe pulled back and I can only manage a smile at him. Inside, I was basically having a trainwreck of an emotion rush going through me. I was ecstatic. What he said made me feel ecstatic. The damn kiss–even though it was on the cheek, was ecstatic.

“I will see you tomorrow.”

* * *

101 DAYS BEFORE

 

“Is Junhoe picking you up again today?” my mom asked, looking as excited as she was yesterday morning.

I held my breath after being reminded by Junhoe, and thought about what happened last night.

The questions I asked myself when I laid on my bed last night after what happened starting to flood right back. So Junhoe likes me? Do I like him too? Are we still friends? Are we dating? No, he didn’t formally ask me to be his girlfriend nor go out with him, so what are we?

This guy is truly driving me crazy.

And the craziest part is that I like it.

I like him.

“Areum?” my mom called, snapping me out of my thoughts. “Hm? Yeah, I think so.” I simply replied.

Then the thoughts hit back when my mom and Jiwon conversed about his plans with his friends to come and sleep over this Saturday.

Wait, did I hear that right?

His friends are sleeping over…

So Junhoe’s sleeping over.

And Saturday is tomorrow.

My heart races at the thought.

Okay. Kim Areum. Find your god damn chill and finish your breakfast.

“Oh, but I have a business trip to Incheon tonight until Monday morning, so I’ll just leave you guys some money if that’s okay?”

Way to go mom, let Jiwon and his friends have a sleep over without you around, they definitely won’t do illegal stuffs nor wreck the house and drag me into their mess when they’re cleaning the house.

I went back to my thoughts on what exactly happened last night. What pisses me off was after it happened, Junhoe didn’t call me like he usually does after dropping me off.

Maybe he’s not that happy with my reaction? Did I seem unhappy with his action? Because clearly, I wasn’t.

All these thoughts at damn seven in the morning… The things a Goo Junhoe is making me go through are heck unhealthy.

“I’m going now,” I said, getting up from the dining table after I finished my chocolate toast. “Okay dear, take care and tell Junhoe I said hi!” my mom cheers, and I just rolled my eyes and move faster whereas Jiwon was also preparing to leave to school.

I opened the front door to see the sight of Junhoe currently parking his motorcycle and couldn’t help but smile. Well, he definitely didn’t get into an accident.

He noticed me walking out towards my house’s gate and took his helmet off. “Morning,” he greets warmly as I was opening the gate.

“Hey.” I greeted back.

“Sorry I didn’t call last night, I fell asleep right away.” he said in a nervous tone, reaching for his nape.

I laughed. “Don’t worry about it.” even though I was worrying about it all night until I was too tired to even care and just snoozed it off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter