I can't

I'm Coming Home

The moment I step my feet on this land again, the mixed feeling is somewhat I can't tell. Never did I thought that I'd miss Korea that much  the past few days being trapped in the island. When I was 18, I decided to come all the way here from California, enrolled into Sm university to continue my study in music. My parents, I remembered the day I dropped the boom to them and suprisingly they agreed with the rush decision I made. I met Krystal, the love of my life in Sm, love in first sight I guess, I courted her, we fell in love with each other eventually. Then our hidden relationship was discovered by her overprotective-always-glares-at-me unnie, Jessica. Her life goal was to ruin any of my date with Krystal, until Yuri, my savior came into the picture. We had been through thick and thin and I can't denied the fact that there were moments when I just wanted to fly back to California and left this conservative country. But now, Korea, I'm back, Krystal, I'm home.

" I'm coming home...I'm coming home....Tell the world I'm coming home....." It's nice for them to play this song while welcoming us, the passengers of the plane. There are a lot of soldiers standing in line and salute to us when we pass by, I think I see the president, Ms.Park Geun-hye there also, what a pleasure.....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal is waiting at the seat, no she is not alone, Jessica, Yuri, Donghae, Sulli, Minho, Ellin, all the close friends of the couples are gathering here, the serious expression on their face match with the air in this hospital. The breathe is heavy, suffocating you say, the only support for the long haired girl is the warmth of her unnie's palm.  The rushing footsteps stop, Amber's parents' faces appear in the next scene.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Amber Josephine Liu." Masked doctor and nurses are doing a general physical checkup for the tomboy.

" American Taiwanese, 24 years old."  The nurse read the report loudly while the doctor stitched her wound.

" Uhuh~ Hey doc, will it leaves a scar? Aww I bet it will..." Amber frowns looking at the fabric that stitching the wound and the scruncthed brows of the doc.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"She is matched with the identified data, you all can now go and see her."

Krystal is the last one left behind when people rushes into the room. Seperated by a wall, there lay her love of the life, she misses Amber, but is she prepared to see the short haired girl?

SHe counts her steps, 3 steps into the room, 2 steps when everyone surrounded the short haired girl turn around to meet her gazes,  2 steps people give her the way, 3 steps she reaches to Amber.

" Krys.... I'm back...." Amber soft gazes meet with Krystal, her eyes fill with tears, tears of joy, tears of sadness, her vioces cracked, all she knows, she wants to embrace Krystal with her tight hug and never let go.

The long haired girl stands still, her hand makes its way to Amber's left cheek, she finds it funny though when she thinks that she has used up all the tears of her life, then again lines on her faces speak other.

"Shh... princess  shouldn't cry.....I'm sorry....I'm here, please don't cry....." Amber comes forward and wipes the tears off her princess's beautiful face using her thumb, she is hurt because her princess is crying, and she is crying because of her.

Krystal sniffs, trying to compose herself.

" Unnie, Amber is cold.... Can you turn on the heater?" She asked, still caressing her girlfriend's cheek who sleeps peacefully on the bed. The short haired girl's face is pale and cold, the scratches never affect her ever handsome face, people would think that she is sleeping, if not because of the absence of warmth and pulse.

" Krystal...." Jessica already has her tears on her face upon listening what her sister said.

"No...No....unnie we should turn off the air conditioner!!!! Amber is cold!!!! She needs warmth!!!!!!"  She yelled, knees land on the floor, hugging the body. Ellin burst out crying that makes the air in the room become heavier.

" She is dead, Krystal." Yuri is hurt seeing this situation and her best budddy just sleep at there, lifelessly is not helping at all, but she has to wake the younger Jung up.

"No! Amber! Wake up!!!! Open your eyes!!!!!! Wake up!!!!!!I'm here!!!! Wake up!!!!!"  Yuri's answer triggers emotional waves of Krystal as she now shouting and shaking the body like a mad woman. Everyone in the room try to stop her by pulling her off from the bed, but the strength of  the younger Jung is surprisingly strong that they fail to pry her off.

Amber can only stand beside her girlfriend, witnessing how her princess broken down slowly. She wants to stay calm, but no, she is crying, her body is trembling.

A box drops to the floor due to the vigorous shaking, revealing a shinning golden white ring. Silence occupy the space the next second, people in the room hold their breathe, Jessica clung to Yuri for comfort, Donghae and Minho clenches their fists and look away, while Sulli, Ellin and Amber's parents continue crying out loud. Sobbing sounds getting louder than before after it. Krystal tries to breathe from the crying and stares at the shinning ring, slowly approaching the box, she picks the ring up and throw herself into the sleeping Amber.

 

"Amber...please...wake up....." During this few days, she doesn't remember how many time she let her pride down and beg for her Amber to be alive. However, why God doesn't answer her devout prayers?

"Amber.....please....wake up....." She begs, tears streaming down on her face to the pale face of her lover.

" I'm sorry....I can't..."