Beat

I Must Be Crazy

It’s a Sunday morning and Dahyun was rubbing the glass window outside with a cleaning cloth while eyes fixated on her phone.

She was staring at Jungkook’s facebook profile for an hour before she even started her cleaning routine. She can’t decide whether to send him a friend request or not. It’s been a week since Chaeyoung joined the Math Geeks Club. Jungkook and her were already friends on facebook! Chaeyoung told her that they added and invited her in a group chat for their communication as it is needed. Well guess what? She envied Chaeyoung more!

“Ahhhh..” she blurted out. “Just add him okay? What’s so big deal huh? Will he automatically assume that you’re a stalker or that you like him just because you send him a friend request?!” babbling to herself in front of the glass window and then ended up making weird faces.

“Boo!”

Dahyun nearly jumped out her skin and dropped her phone when she saw Taehyung in the glass standing behind her.

Taehyung burst into laughter “What the hell are you doing? That glass window might break in no time”

Dahyun hissed and crouched down to pick up her phone and to her horror, she accidentally taps the send friend request button.   

“Oh no!” she exclaimed. “No… no.. no...!” looking at her phone bug-eyed. She never felt more awake in a Sunday morning than how she feels right now.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion while she’s in a panic state.

“It’s your fault!” her body fumed with anger. “Why you always pop out and make my day miserable?”

“You are overreacting. Seriously, what’s wrong with your phone?” Taehyung snatched it from her.

NO! Taehyung might see Jungkook’s profile on her phone. “Return my phone now!”

“Let me check it first” He grinned, holding her phone up high. Dahyun struggled to reach it by jumping up as high as she can but to no avail due to his long arms and their height differences.

Dahyun brought her head forward to headbutt him hard and they both fell to the ground. Taehyung landed on the grass while she landed on his chest. Realizing how awkward their position was, Dahyun get her phone from his grip and quickly backs off while touching his head. Okay, that really hurts.

He cups his hand around his nose with a grunt and slowly managed to stand to his feet. “Yah! You didn’t have to do that!” he yelled, giving her an implausible look.

“You deserved that!”

“I just want to check it because you are acting as if I broke it, now tell me, did I? Is there any scratches?” he said sarcastically.

"Don't meddle with my things, you – ” she stopped with her words as soon as Jaebum came out from house.

“You two in fight again?”

Taehyung walks over Jaebum “Is she really your sister? She’s so brutal” He complained like a kid reporting her to his daddy.

Jaebum sighed heavily. “Anyway, did you bring the video game?”

“Ofcourse” he pulls out a flash drive from his pocket and showed it to Jaebum. Taehyung gave her a sullen glance before they entered the house.

What a pain in the neck. There’s lot of good boys in school, why the hell her brother make friends with that weirdo!

She heard a beep sound from her phone and quickly checked it. Her heart beats fast as she saw that Jungkook approved her friend request on facebook!

Dahyun excitedly sat on a huge rock in their backyard and viewed Jungkook’s profile. I can finally stalk him on facebook!

First she opened his photos and saw only two albums, his profile photo and timeline photo. She shrugs, seems like he’s not really into taking pictures. His dog has more pictures than him on his facebook but then she’s not disappointed as she finds a very cute selfie of him and saved it on her phone.

Dahyun was busy reading his newsfeeds when a chat head pops up in the side of the screen. From Jungkook! He sent me a message?!

She clicked it and was directed to Jungkook's message.

Hello

Her heart beats faster than normal. She’s reluctantly to reply as she didn’t know what to say. Dahyun taps the message textbox and start typing but then another sentences pops out.

I forgot to say thank you for convincing Chaeyoung to join our club

Dahyun chortled and started typing. It took her a minute thinking what to reply and then decided to send her last type.

It was nothing, she’s great at math and I know she’s a big help in your team :)

She was playing with hair while waiting for his reply and after a few minutes she only got a smiley face emoticon. Is that bad?

Her mother came home and asked her if she’s done cleaning the windows. Yikes! Totally forgot that.

After lunch, Taehyung volunteered to wash the dishes like he always do since they feed him for free of course it’s necessary for him to at least help them in house chores.

Dahyun headed to the kitchen to drink water, she gazed at Taehyung whose busy scraping the food off the plates. He noticed Dahyun at the corner and started acting feeling ill and touching his nose with his arm.

Even though he is annoying as hell, her conversation with Jungkook won’t happen if it wasn’t him so she needs to apologize for injuring his nose.

She coughed to clear , “Taehyung.”

“What?” He asked without even looking at her.

Where do I start? Well just say sorry and leave. “About what happened awhile ago..” she bit her lip.

“Why? Do you feel sorry for what you’ve done? Damaging my handsome face.” He said pointing his face.

Dahyun's eyes twitched at his last statement. "Yes" she replied nonchalanltly.

He looked at her dumbfounded and then studied her, searching for any hint of humor in her face. “Well at least you made up your mind and reflect on your mistake” he nodded.

She sighed slightly and looked at him “So, you’re accepting my apology?”

A playful smile hovering about his lips. “Hmm... how about calling me oppa –”

“No” she replied quickly and walked out the room. How demanding.