Chapter 27: Not so Secret Anymore

I'm Not Your Cinderella

WARNING: TERRIBLE FLUFF T_T

 

 

Chapter 27

Not so Secret Anymore

 

With Baekhyun's raising brows, Chanyeol remembered that he won't be able to run away from that scrutinizing gaze. Baekhyun's fingers tapped on his crossed arm, and he had to admit, that was so adorable. Maybe, if Baekhyun wouldn't have his head if he doesn't answer anytime soon, he would have cooed at his lover's attempt to be "scary".

"So?" Baekhyun raised his chin, and Chanyeol took a beeline towards him. He crawled on the bed, tossing his phone somewhere there.

"Look, Baek," He started, sitting Indian style in front of him, "I left the country without telling anyone, without leaving any trace. Technically, I disappeared.” Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s hands and started playing with his fingers, taking it as a distraction as he elaborated.

“You know what I felt when I was chasing you? I felt so helpless and useless. I told to myself, how can I call you mine when I couldn’t even make you stay beside me? I am nothing but a stupid little boy under his family’s wings. I can’t even stand for myself and fight for you. I wasn’t man enough.” Baekhyun swallowed as he met Chanyeol’s intense gaze.

“I pitied myself for days, for weeks. I left my responsibilities and I wallow in despair. I couldn’t remember a day without crying whenever I open my eyes, realizing that you’re gone, Baek. And who ing knows if I will see you again and if I will, when?”

“Chanyeol…”

The said man shook his head, a gesture asking him to let him finish. So Baekhyun shut his mouth and let him.

“I secretly contacted my cousin in America. He sent a private to me and took me there. I left Korea without a trace. There, I told him what happened, and I told him what I wanted to do.”

“Which was?” Baekhyun probed this time, engaged in his story.

Chanyeol smiled this time. “I wanted to be free. I wanted to be the man I’m supposed to be.” Baekhyun mirrored the sweet gesture, as Chanyeol looked so, so serene as he goes on, “First of all, I wanted to break from my family’s chains. I’ve been living my whole life trying to please them, but, not anymore. So, I left the company. I wanted them to know that they have suffocated me enough, and you’re the trigger that pushed me to act.” He sighed, the taste of freedom still ripe in his tongue.

“Then I studied Architecture, Baek.” Chanyeol chuckled, “That was my long-time dream. I enjoyed it a lot and I did it with passion, remembering how much effort you put in every project you did with Sehun back then. With you in my mind every failure and success, I was able to pass and graduate.”

Baekhyun gaped in amusement, giggling, “That was awesome, Yeol!”

“I know,” he chuckled.

“But how did you become Clyde?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol shrugged, “It was my English name in states. But more than that, Clyde became my wings. He did what Chanyeol couldn’t and I’m proud to be him. And because hearing the name ‘Chanyeol’ didn’t sound right if it wasn’t you calling me that, I asked everyone to call me Clyde.” He said. “But then, when I realized I’m ready to go back, I told myself that I need to be successful, I need to be more.”

Baekhyun shook his head, disagreeing.

“I build Blue Palace Baek. I build it remembering you’re the princess who managed to slip from my grasp.”

 

Baekhyun took his hands back from Chanyeol’s. He cupped the latter’s cheeks and leaned close, bumping their noses together. “Like what I told you, you are more than enough, Chanyeol. I don’t need you to be a King for me to accept you. I didn’t ask you to build me a palace when I married you, did I?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol shook his head, “If that’s the case, I want you to erase those thoughts, okay? I am here now, and Uncle Kev already gave us his blessing.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, “Really?”

Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol felt like one of the thorns in his chest disappeared. He fell silent for a moment, closing his eyes while his forehead still against Baekhyun’s. A sudden idea crossed his mind and he thought, why didn’t he think of that sooner?

“Baekhyun,”

“Hmm?”

“Would you fight for us if my family tries to ruin us again?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Chanyeol, they can never break us. We’re married. And if anyone tries, even if it’s your mother, then sorry, I will definitely tell them to off.

Chanyeol chuckled, “Then, what do you say we take things to the next level?” Baekhyun frowned at him, puzzled.

“How?”

Chanyeol gave him his knowing smirk.

 

====

 

Standing in the middle of the crowd was Luhan. If he was stressed from handling the exhibit alone, he was good at hiding it. Baekhyun made his way between the guests, smiling and greeting them briefly until he managed to get to his friend’s side.

“I’m sorry,” Baekhyun chuckled, “I will treat you after the exhibit.”

Luhan smiled at the girl who passed by but hissed in Baekhyun’s ear, “I deserve more than that, . Where have you been?!”

Baekhyun grabbed the elder’s elbow, snatching him from the guest. He found a secluded place for them to talk on the bench scattered in the mall’s lobby.

They sat down as Baekhyun wonders where to begin. Luhan impatiently waited with his infamous frown and when the artist opened his mouth, all the noise was muffled in his ears. “It’s Chanyeol.”

Two words. Just two, and Luhan’s anger completely vanished as if it was never there. “Oh my god,” he dramatically gasped, which made Baekhyun roll his eyes. Okay, fine, maybe Luhan wasn’t really over reacting because Chanyeol was missing for five-freaking-years. They’ve done everything and they didn’t succeed looking for him.

But look, with just Baekhyun’s trace back in Korea, Chanyeol suddenly came out of hiding.

“I should have known,” Luhan groaned, “That idiot, he made all of us worry!”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath, pursing his lips, “He said he didn’t want you to get involved in case his family hired men to follow you. If Chanyeol informed his whereabouts to Sehun or Kai, which of course, you and Kyungsoo will be automatically in the picture, he’s sure that his mother and father would squeeze it out of you. He didn’t want that to happen.”

“But how did he find you? How did you two meet? Where is he now?”

Baekhyun smiled at that, shaking his head. “He did his tricks.” Luhan grinned at him, clearly teasing him so he playfully pushed his face away with his palm.

“Stop that,” he laughed.

“So,” Luhan cackled, “What now? When does he think he could tell this to his friends? I mean, Sehun and Kai are clearly worried about him, you know?”

“He said he’ll do it soon. For now, we are arranging are papers privately. He hired a lawyer to keep an eye on it so it should be done by the end of the week.” He explained.

“What papers? What do you mean?”

Baekhyun stared at Luhan for a minute, before he showed him the ring. Luhan’s eyes widened slowly, “He proposed to you?! You’re getting married?”

“Silly! We are already married.” Baekhyun confessed in a hushed tone. “We’ve been married for five years.”

Luhan’s face was really funny right now that Baekhyun was having a hard time holding his laughter, “Remember that one week vacation leave?” he wiggled his brows as Luhan tried to ransack his brain of that time. When he finally remembered, he slapped Baekhyun’s shoulder. Really, really hard.

“Ow!” Baekhyun whined.

“You sneaky little bastard!” he dragged out, but then they both laughed.

 

====

 

The exhibit ended with a blast. Baekhyun thanked everyone who was there on the last day and he thanked Ms. Jung and whoever his boss was for purchasing his works. He promised that he would use the money in building a Fine Arts School for children who wants to pursue it. The project will start a month from that day.

“And because you have been with me since the first day of Glass Shoes Exhibit, I will reveal to you my most prized painting. We all know that Cinderella will never have her happy ending without her prince. Isn’t that right?” The audience chuckled and agreed. “With all these paintings, I have portrayed her life, the significant people and events that happened but not once did we saw Cinderella’s love,” Baekhyun smiled at them, “Because she lost him.”

As Baekhyun made his way to the covered painting, showing the title under it, “Thus the title, ‘The Lost Love’.”

The crowd is getting excited on what they will see behind the black silk. Baekhyun held the corner of it with a proud smile.

“I used to hate Cinderella coz, well, a certain person keeps on comparing me to her. But when I lost this person, I realized, being his Cinderella isn’t so bad at all. Here I am now, and I created these masterpieces because of him. I thought I’d never see him again. But now I’ve found him, I believe that every person who keeps on believing, one day, will find their love and have their own happy ending.”

Baekhyun took a deep breath, “And now, I present to you, L’amour perdu,” he announced dragging the silk off of the painting.

Four huge canvases, all were a piece of one whole painting. The first on top consists of almond shaped eyes, sculpted by hues of autumn and summer. In the middle was his nose and lips, created in hues of spring. And then on both ends, on each remaining frames were his ears. Baekhyun made it in the color of winter with accents of purple. Those ears were the perfect replica of his love’s assets.

Chanyeol’s face was admired by all, especially the women. Baekhyun made a smoking effect as the main shape of Chanyeol’s head, and it was utterly majestic.

The crowd clapped and murmured praises on his work. Baekhyun smiled at them and bowed. The exhibit was definitely a success, and who knows, maybe this is his first milestone to become a known artist going by the name of “Ella”.

 

====

 

Locked in her room, Xiao Rin still couldn’t believe what he found out a few days ago. Clearly, she had been suspicious on how that Byun Baekhyun managed to get the ‘yes’ of Blue Palace. On the first few days, she blended with the crowd and spied in his exhibit but she found nothing important to notice.

That was until the later days. As she was circling around the lobby of the mall, she saw Baekhyun walking out of the building. Curiosity got her, so she followed him. She thought that the guy was just tired and sought the peaceful ambiance of the garden when someone familiar suddenly approached him from the back.

Xiao Rin looked at them exchange words and much to her surprise, the two suddenly kissed in public. They kissed! And it wasn’t just a simple peck of a kiss.

As a journalist and a part of media herself, she couldn’t help but took pictures of it on her phone. On her spot, the side profiles of both males were clearly seen and she couldn’t be mistaken.

The other guy was no other than Clyde Park.

 

Said man was a mystery to everyone, and of course because of her wit, and undeniable luck, she found out that Clyde Park is one handsome young man behind the success of Blue Palace. In fact, she herself is quite attracted to the man. But to find that this Baekhyun guy suddenly popped out of nowhere stealing everything that was supposed to be hers was too much. Her blood boiled because of this.

Maybe he seduced Clyde. Maybe the price for the approval wasn’t just money. That’s what she thought. This will be a big hit.

If Clyde Park doesn’t want to be featured, then he’ll get a scandal.

A perfect revenge for the person who humiliated her, and also a slap to Byun Baekhyun’s sarcastic face.

Xiao Rin smirked and jumped from her bed, taking her laptop. It’s time to write.

 

====

 

 

“You’re ting me, right?” was Baekhyun’s first words when he stepped inside the house three days after the exhibit ended. In those three days, Chanyeol had been busy with work, just like old times. But of course, they managed their time to spend the night together. Baekhyun decided to finish his lease of his suite for the month before moving out. Chanyeol didn’t like at first since he wanted Baekhyun to live with him as soon as possible, however, he couldn’t win an argument with his princess.

And today was the day for Baekhyun to finally come home. Not just to visit, but to live there. With him. As a legally wedded couple. Baekhyun might not have noticed it but Chanyeol took a deep breath of relief upon stepping inside the house with Baekhyun’s luggage in his hands.

Although, he forgot to tell his princess one thing.

 

Baekhyun gaped at him, his head alternately turning from him and to the paintings displayed aesthetically in the living room. Chanyeol thinned his lips in a small smile. Baekhyun couldn’t tell how he was feeling right now but in the end of it, he half laughed while complaining.

“You actually bought them all through Ms. Jung? You could have asked me and you wouldn’t have to buy it!” Baekhyun shook his head in amusement.

“Oh, hush princess. You worked hard for that, and it really deserved to be bought.” Chanyeol smirked, “But you know, I’m a little possessive so I want them all for myself.”

Baekhyun slapped his chest with the back of his hand. “You’re an idiot.” He declared, rolling his eyes.

“Your idiot husband,” Chanyeol huffed with pride.

 

 

Mrs. Lee came out to the living room, followed by the other maids and helpers in the house. Chanyeol smiled at them as he put an arm around Baekhyun’s waist.

“You’re all probably wondering about him,” Chanyeol started and Mrs. Lee politely smiled at him, “Mrs. Lee, everyone, from here on, Baekhyun will be living with us. I want you to treat him with respect and follow him just as how you do for me.”

“Yes, Mr. Clyde,” they chorused, bowing their heads at Baekhyun, smiling at him. Baekhyun waved his hand at them, “Hello,” he greeted.

Chanyeol chuckled, “Don’t take this the wrong way, he’s not just someone okay? He’s my husband,” he announced, showing their matching bands.

With that, their eyes went wide like saucers, internally squealing and some whining for they have a secret crush on their boss.

Mrs. Lee smiled wildly, “I didn’t expect you to be married already Mr. Clyde, where have you been, child?” he asked Baekhyun.

“Overseas,” Baekhyun answered with a sheepish grin, “Something inevitable happened that separated me from him. But what matters now is that I’m back.”

Chanyeol couldn’t agree more.

 

====

 

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol looked up from his phone when Baekhyun came out of the bathroom. His eyes momentarily lingered on Baekhyun’s flawless legs. He was just wearing a thin sweater over his boxers. Baekhyun caught him, though, so he flicked his ears to gain his attention.

“Yah, I asked you,” he pouted, peeking over Chanyeol’s shoulder to look at his phone.

Baekhyun saw him checking his emails from work which made him groan. He took the device from him and put it on the nightstand. As he came back, Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol on the mattress, straddling the taller guy on his tummy.

Chanyeol smirked at Baekhyun, craning his head to steal a kiss while putting his hands on his hips. “This feels so much like a honeymoon.” He whispered against his lips. “You and me, in our own house…with people who witnessed our marriage…”

Baekhyun smiled, dipping his back to lay on Chanyeol’s chest. “But our honeymoon in Spain was fantastic,” he sighed dreamily, “It was perfect.”

Chanyeol ran his hand on Baekhyun’s damp hair. They fell into a comfortable silence until Chanyeol remembered something.

“The papers are done, by the way. Our marital status has been updated. Clyde Park is now legally related to Park Chanyeol as an alias, and Byun Baekhyun is also legally affiliated with Kristian Heinsworth. The traces are back.”

Baekhyun sighed. Finally.

They’re slowly coming out. People would soon find out about them. It’s about time.

With a bright smile Baekhyun murmured a soft, thank you to him. And Chanyeol, instead of respecting the romantic moment, just had to ruin it.

“Our next goal is still pending, though, princess,” he chuckled.

Baekhyun tilted his head, confused, “Is there any?”

Chanyeol whispered lowly in his ear, “Making babies.”

Baekhyun was quick to shove Chanyeol’s face on the pillow, face flushing from the silly and bold request. He jumped off of the taller man and cocooned himself in the thick duvet, leaving nothing for Chanyeol to use.

The said man whined, trying to take him out of the thick roll, “Yah, that’s unfair!” he tugged on the fabric but Baekhyun didn’t budge. If Chanyeol could see, he’s beet red inside.

“Shut up you ert, as if I can have one, idiot!”

“Then we’ll keep on trying every night!” Chanyeol laughed but he regretted it when Baekhyun managed to elbow him in the guts.