Chapter 1

Idol Series : Balloons

Chapter 1

 
It must have been traumatic for her.
To have a balloon burst in front of her face, like that.
Especially when she was only five then.
I don't know if any life changing moments with balloons ever happened to her again in the last 14 years or so.
But I know for a fact that since that fateful day at my fifth birthday party, she has developed a phobia for balloons.
And this evening's debacle will surely cement that fear in her, for the rest of her life.
To witness a balloon purposely burst, for another girl to conveniently steal a kiss from her boyfriend.
 
Chen looked towards Irene, who had hanging open at the scene before her.
In front of them, in the midst of screaming and laughing college kids, the class vixen locked lips with the cutest basketball player of the intake.
They were all at an ice breaking event, as part of the college induction activities.
Of course, the facilitators never meant for the game to end up with a steamy snogging session for the whole world to see, but to some, such an opportunity was not one to be missed.

Yet none of them seemed to notice the basketballer's girlfriend on the side. Or nobody knew. Or cared.

Most of us were from the same school anyways and the fact Eun Ji, the vixen, has always had designs on Kai, was never a secret, Chen thought to himself.

But Kai has always stayed true to Irene... til now.
The way he wrapped his arms around Eun Ji showed he was a willing participant in the kissing session.

I wanted to break them apart and punch the living daylights out of Kai.
For making my Irene upset.
But the coward that I am, I turned away.
Away from the sordid lip locking scene and away from my Irene's defeated face.
My Irene was too pretty to be upset.
But since I can't do anything about her sadness, I'd rather not witness her fall from grace.
Nope, I can't do much to take her pain away.
At least for now.