Hero

The Unfinished Story


"What's it like in the real world?" S.coups asked, when all the team members left to go home. Woozi shrugged.

"I don't know, it's normal. Boring businessman, homeless people, crimes committed everyday, it's just normal. However, there's no superheroes. Those are just creative ideas," Woozi explained. S.coups went to the fridge and took out two cans of beer and handed one to Woozi. He then took a seat next to him.

"What were you in the real world?"

"I'm the stock manager of a retail store, I know, boring right?"

"I was a helper at an orphanage, you know, before I became a superhero. All of the others, they have jobs. If they ever lose their powers, they have a job to turn back to. I don't. I'm stuck either begging or working full time. The others have people waiting for them when they go home. I have to make sure that this team of rookie superheroes is working together, because if I don't, I'll be back to the person I was before I came here," S.coups explained.

"You're putting too much pressure on yourself. You know, in the comics, you're-" Woozi stopped himself. "Never mind."

"I stole. I vandalized properties and I stole things. You know, the team helped me realize that I shouldn't be doing things like that. And, if I lose them, I lost everything I built up in the past five years." S.coups took a swing of the beer.

"You haven't had a history with me yet. I just woke up and became this person. My real name is Lee Jihoon," Woozi introduced. S.coups smiled.

"Choi Seungcheol, it's a pleasure to meet you," S.coups, or Seungcheol, greeted back.

"Well, Seungcheol, do you mind teaching me how to gain my powers back?" Woozi joked. Seungcheol chuckled.

"Okay, Jihoon. It comes naturally, so just empty your mind," Seungcheol instructed.

"Wait. How do I use one power? You said that I can manipulate time and change size, but how do I use it separately?" Woozi asked.

"You have to gather up all of your energy and use it to focus on whatever you want to do. Here, try to shrink yourself," Seungcheol suggested. Woozi emptied out everything from his mind besides the thought of him becoming a mini version of himself. It felt like something knocked him over for a few seconds before Woozi saw that he was as tall as the can of beer.

"I did it!" Woozi screamed in a high pitched voice. It takes him a few seconds before his voice goes back to normal.

"You did it!" Seungcheol cheered. "Now, turn yourself back." Again, another feeling of being knocked over came before Woozi was back to his 5"4 self.

"Woah, I have actual powers. This is so cool." Woozi stared at his hands in awe. The8 and Jun rushed into the room with panic written on their faces.

"You guys seem a little jumpy, are you guys okay? The alarm didn't go off," Seungcheol tried to calm the boys down.

"It's Mingyu. He got trapped in a heat bubble and I don't think he's going to make it. Wonwoo's trying his best to stop the heat, but it's not working," The8 explained.

"And most of the team can't be located at the moment. Joshua almost put a sleeping spell on his boss and Dino got caught by his teachers for skipping school. We need all the help we can get," Jun pleaded.

"Okay. Suit up guys. Woozi, you're coming, too," Seungcheol said as he pressed the alarm to signal the team's watches.

-----

"I promise. Please let me go," Dino begged the school teacher, who shook his head swiftly. Dino's watch beeped repeatedly and flashed its lights. He realized there was only one way to leave the school. "I'm sorry, teacher." Dino grabbed the teacher's keys and super speeded out of the room before the teacher could comprehend what was going on.

"Oh, where did he go?" The teacher asked, looking around.

"That'll be ten dollars, sir," the clerk said as he checked out the items. Vernon's watch beep loudly and he cursed silently to himself. He ran out of the grocery store and headed for Pledis Park, where most of the team had already gathered up.

"Mingyu!" Jeonghan yelled as he turned invisible to attack the villian, but she was quick enough to dodge him.

"He's going to die of heat!" Joshua said as he attacked the villian with curses.

"Let him burn!" The villian shouted as she watched the boys try to attack her. Seungcheol charged to the heat bubble with the force field Jeonghan made, but felt himself bounce back with burn marks all over him. Joshua immediately rushed over to heal him quickly.

"How do you pop a heat bubble?" Woozi thought to himself as he tried to look for a solution. He took a closer look at the villian and saw that her fingers were pointed at the bubble and knew that she was powering it. He slowed time to quickly run to the villian and try to move her fingers, but the villian fought back. Time immediately went back to normal and the team tried to help Woozi fight the villian. Mingyu was released from the heat bubble and Joshua rushed to aid him while the rest of the team attacked the villian. The villian fled and the team ran hot at her heels.

When he was close to catching the villian, Woozi collided with a girl. He told the rest of the team to run after the villian while he helps the girl with her belongings which were sprawled all over the floor.

"Thanks. My names Miyoung," she said as she packed her bag. "And you are?"

"Woozi."

"Ah, Woozi. I've heard all about your heroic acts, if you don't mind, why were you after that lady?" She asked.

"She stole something and we're trying to get it back," Woozi lied. She nodded as she understood.

"Well, thanks for helping me. Do you want to go eat dinner tonight?" Miyoung asked. "Or are you going to be busy saving the city?"

"Uh, I think I'm free tonight. Where are we going to eat?" Woozi asked.

"I know this great cafe down the corner. Want to meet there tonight?"

"Sure, I'll see you tonight!" Woozi said as he jogged away to find the team. He found them talking to the police while the villian was in a police car with an invisible force field surrounding it to keep her in.

"Hey guys," Woozi greeted breathlessly from the running. Dino finished talking to the police and went to Woozi.

"Yo, where were you?" Dino asked, plopping down next to him on the curb.

"I met this cute girl while I was chasing the villian," he explained.

"Well next time, try to flirt faster," Dino teased. Scoups motioned them to come join the group.

"Okay guys, go back home. You've done a great job today. I'll meet you back at the hideout tomorrow," Scoups said and bid goodbye. Woozi didn't know where to go, so he headed back to the hideout. Along the way, he found the streets familiar and found his apartment building from the real world. He took out the key card that was in his pocket when he first woke up and unlocked the door. The lights were dimmed like when Jihoon fell asleep.

"What is this?" Woozi muttered when he saw the comic book lying on the sofa. He flipped through the book and saw that the pages were blank, until he reached the end. At the last few pages, there were detailed drawings of S.coups being killed by a mysterious villain.

"Seungcheol is going to die?! I have to prevent this from happening!" Woozi exclaimed as he grabbed the comic book and ran out of the apartment. He ran out of the building and checked the time. It was 7:05, and Miyoung told him to meet her at 7:10. By 7:09, he found a spot by the cafe and waited for Miyoung. Miyoung burst through the cafe doors as she looked for Woozi.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. My store manager made me count the money for the day," Miyoung apologized.

"It's okay, I wasn't going anywhere. So, where do you want to go?" Woozi asked.

"I was wondering if you could show me your lair," Miyoung suggested.

"You mean the hideout? I'm not so sure Seungcheol will let me," Woozi hesitated. Miyoung leaned closer to Woozi so he can inhale her hypnotic perfume.

"But will Seungcheol be there? Won't he be alone at a bar, flirting with other girls instead of being in a boring cave?" Miyoung breathily asked. Woozi fell into a hypnotic state and blankly agreed.

"I guess I could show you. I mean, after all, Seungcheol won't be there."

"Great! Lets go!" Miyoung led Woozi out of the cafe and he led her to the hideout.