Playful Kiss

Each Kiss

 

We stood face to face in the airport, unsure of what to do now. I bit my lip and looked at his stoic face.

“Do you really have to go?” I asked unsurely.

He touched my hand gently, his eyes softening. “It’s only two days.” He tentatively reached forward and pulled me close. I gripped him tightly, willing him not to leave. I inhaled the scent of his shirt, memorizing it into my mind.

“Be safe,” I murmured and he smoothed my hair. It was a seemingly tender moment between the two of us. We were indifferent to the people bustling around us.

He reluctantly pulled away, glancing at his watch. “I’ve got to go. You should ask for a ride or take the bus, don’t drive by yourself. And remember, you have a nurse’s convention tomorrow.” He swiftly dropped a kiss on my cheek and then turned to the gate. He walked to security and I waved at his back until he turned the corner.

My hand brushed the cheek he had kissed, feeling my face flush red. I must have stood for a good ten minutes until the tingle disappeared and I turned out of the airport.

/_-_-_

“Nurse Oh, where’s Beak-shi?” asked one of my co-workers.

I was sitting in the lounge sipping a coffee. Surprisingly, I was doing pretty well by myself. “Um, he went to a convention in Osaka,” I cautiously replied. She normally didn’t talk to me and I was wondering why she was starting now.

“When is he coming back?” she asked eagerly.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “He’s coming in two days. Why?”

“Well I was thinking about going on a double date! You could bring Beak-shi and I could bring my boyfriend.”

But I already knew what my answer was going to be. I remembered what happened at our honeymoon-double dating with that other couple- it had not had a good outcome.

“No thank you. We’re really very busy,” I refused politely. I didn’t understand why that even though people knew we were married, they still tried to take Seung Jo-ah from me.

I got up feeling lonely because Seung Jo wasn’t here to eat lunch with me. So, I dumped my coffee and busied myself with work again.

/_-_-_

I was sitting at the table dejectedly peeling oranges.

“Ha Ni, don’t feel bad. He’ll be back tomorrow night,” Umma said patting my hand. “Why don’t we bake something for when he comes back?”

I looked at the clock, not really seeing the time. I was in a reverie remembering the conversation we had had at the airport before he left.

And remember, you have a nurse’s convention tomorrow.”

My head snapped up as I remembered. “Ommo! I have a convention to go to!” I screamed. I rushed around trying to grab my bag and shoes at the same time. I quickly brushed my hair into a ponytail and rushed out, Umma yelling behind me.

If only Seung Jo was here; he’d help me remember things like this.

/_-_-_

I came back around eleven at night, half asleep. I head rolled to the side as I stumbled inside and struggled to keep my eyes open.

I covered my mouth as I yawned and suddenly I tripped over a pair of shoes that had not been there when I left. All the sleep left me in that moment and I was wide awake, flailing my arms and trying to catch myself.

I fell on my hands and picked up the shoe I had tripped over. I squinted and reached up to flip the lights on. With the foyer lights brightly streaming down, I saw that it was Seung-Jo’s work shoes. I frowned and then shrugged, tossing it aside carelessly.

There was only one more night until Seung-Jo Ah came back home. I couldn’t wait to feel his lean arms around me and his light, airy breath on my neck. I could almost feel it now, just imagining it.

I shook my head and sighed. I really needed some sleep.

I started towards the stairs, but someone was in the kitchen; the lights were on and I could hear the sound of running water.

Turning into the kitchen, I expected Umma- not a kitchen full of soap bubbles with Seung-Jo in the middle. He gave me a sheepish smile and raised his hands in a shrug.

I squinted my eyes and peered harder. The kitchen was filled with soap bubbles. Why?  Seung- Jo started towards me but I held out my hands. His smile slipped but mine only grew wider.

“Are you doing the dishes?”  I asked unbelievingly. I raised my eyebrows and stepped into the mess. “And why is the kitchen full of bubbles?” My eyes followed the few that had floated to the ceiling as I had stepped into a pile of them on the floor. They spun in shiny, translucent orbs.

“I was trying to surprise you by cleaning the house and the washing machine exploded. I’m not sure why,” said Seung-Jo nonchalantly as if this was a normal everyday thing- us standing in a kitchen full of bubbles at eleven at night.

“You do know you’re a day early, right?”  I wondered where all this spontaneity was coming from.

His eyes tightened and he looked away with a secret smile. “Help me clean the kitchen and I’ll tell you why I’m here early.”

I grinned and tossed my bag onto the couch. “Count me in!”

/_-_-_

I snapped on a pair of yellow kitchen gloves and armed myself with a sponge and a towel. Seung-Jo was next to me looking adorable with his pink rubber gloves. He turned his head and winked playfully.

“Hana, Dul, Set!” I whisper-shouted and we charged forwards to remove all the bubbles from the kitchen before Umma came downstairs and saw the disaster.

I was reaching up on my tippy-toes to try and wipe some bubbles off the top cabinet when Seung-Jo flung a bunch of soap my way. It hit my neck and slid down soaking my t-shirt.  I whirled around shrieking and threw a bunch of soap his way.

He ducked in time and remained un-soaped. I squealed in delight and ran towards him with more soap in my hands. He grinned his perfect smile and tilted his head. He was armed as well.

Bubbles flew towards me at I threw them back at the same time that he did. Mine hit the cupboard behind him while his hit me in the side.

Even though I hadn’t hit him once, I laughed freely. I had never felt so light before- and never with Seung-Jo Ah like this. It was like floating on a cloud of bubbles.

I tried to get closer to him but slipped and fell ungraciously on my soaking my pant. I could feel the blood rush up to my face as Seung-Jo cackled; nevertheless, he walked towards me to help me up.

He gave me his hand and I gripped it tightly before sharply tugging him down as well. Payback.

He fell on next to me and we sat on the floor chuckling for a while.

Sung-Jo turned to me with a salacious smile and reached over me so that I was trapped under him between his knees.

My breath caught and I got even warmer, heat creeping through my arms and between my legs. We were impossibly close and our eyes were wide open and unblinking.

“Seung-Jo Ah,” I gasped quietly as he lowered his lips to mine. Feather light kisses were peppered all over my face, so light. He pulled back every time I pushed forward making me ach with need.

His eyes twinkled as he looked at me. Slowly, he pushed me back until I was lying in the bubbles and he was kneeling over me. All I could see was him; smell him; feel him. He slowly lowered himself even closer until we were joined at every point. I shuddered with anticipation of the next kiss.

“Why do you make me feel so stupid?” he moaned into my neck and I buzzed with pleasure.

“Don’t ask me questions now,” I growled and pulled him up to place my lips fiercely on his. But before I could properly deepen this kiss, he pulled back just a fraction. The mischievous twinkle was back in his eyes and I knew what he was planning before he had even moved.

I grasped desperately next to me for a handful of bubbles and shoved them in his face. He reared up sputtering. I wiggled out from underneath him and giggled until my sides hurt.

“I’ve finally got you!”

Seung-Jo laughed and held my arms tightly so that I couldn’t move. He bent down and I felt his light, airy breath on my neck. “You’ve already got me,” he whispered.

I pulled back in shock, eyes wide open. Since when had Seung-Jo been so playful and free? He smiled guessing my thoughts and swooped in for another playful kiss.

“Since now,” he laughed, answering my thoughts.

/_-_-_

We had cleaned the kitchen and snuck quietly up to our room. Nothing could be done about the black and crumpled metal of the washing machine, but at least it wouldn’t look so messy.

I lay curled up against Seung-Jo’s side. He was quiet for the length of time, but then he started to my hair absentmindedly.

I looked at him to see that his normal stoic face was back; nevertheless, his closed eyes and relaxed mouth made him look even younger and less stressed.

“Why did you come back a day early?” I whispered into the dark.

“Go to sleep,” was the quiet response that I got.

I sighed and tighten my hold around him.

Seung-Jo finally opened his eyes and his lips quirked upwards. “Because I missed you,” he said flatly and his smirk grew even wider when my mouth dropped open.

“You are so weird,” I mumbled, but I grinned with pleasure into the pillow at his answer. At least now I could properly fall asleep.