Loving Kiss

Each Kiss

 

Walks and Talks-Loving Kiss

"Let's take a walk."

I opened one eye groggily. Who was talking so loudly? Two hands on my shoulders shook me roughly.

"Hey, Oh Ha Ni. Wake up."

"Five minutes," I groaned and rolled over, curling into a little ball. I heard a small sigh from above me. By now I was awake enough to know that Seung Jo was trying to wake me up, but I didn't know why. "Aren't you the one always telling me to sleep in on the weekends anyways," I mumbled into my pillow.

"Well… it's nice outside," he said. I just snuggled into the sheets more in response.

Suddenly the sheets were ripped off me and my body was blasted with the cold air outside. "No…" I groaned incoherently.

"Yes…" my husband said and pulled me up by my hands. I fully opened my eyes and came face to face with my handsome husband. Ahhh… I'll never get tired of saying that.

I yawned and he pulled back. "Go brush your teeth," he ordered. I just flopped back on the bed.

"You are the most annoying," Seung Jo paused and slid his arms under me. "Lazy," he pulled me up into his arms and walked to the bathroom. "And idiotic woman ever!" He handed me my toothbrush and closed the door. "Get ready," he said and walked downstairs.

Wow, he sure was eager for that walk.

/_-_-_

I walked downstairs feeling wide awake and refreshed. I stopped at the front of the table and blinked a few times. "Seung Jo, what are you doing?"

"What? I can't make breakfast?" He looked up from his cup of coffee and I wanted to kiss him then and there.

"You usually don't make breakfast on the weekends."

He sighed heavily and gestured at the table. "Just eat already."

I plopped down in my seat and dug into my plate of food. "Gosh, this is amazing," I almost moaned.

He smirked at me. "Better than your cooking. Then again, it wouldn't take too much effort to make better food anyways."

I scowled at him but didn't slow my eating.

/_-_-_

"Shoes tied?" he asked and I looked down just in case.

I was wearing a light jacket, jeans, a turtle neck, and my new hiking boots. My hubby was dressed similarly but minus the turtle neck and he had a checked scarf on.

"Yup," I said, popping the p. I was overjoyed. I couldn't believe Seung Jo was willingly going for a walk with me without me asking first. I swayed side to side with a wide, silly grin on my face.

"Are you going to stand around all day like that or come?" Seung Jo asked frostily and walked ahead out the door. I snapped out of my daze and scurried after him.

"Are we walking?" Seung Jo nodded curtly. I looked up at his face. Even though he was being cold and curt, he seemed relaxed. The constant lines on his forehead were gone and his eyes smiled. I could read my husband that much at least.

I tentatively reached out and grabbed his hand. He weaved his fingers through mine, and for the second time today I was filled with such happiness I felt giddy. I couldn't stop myself and a small giggle burst from my lips.

Seung Jo looked down at me softly and squeezed my hand gently, once.

"Where are we going?" I asked. His eyebrows drew down for a second before relaxing again.

"Let's go to the forest behind the river."

"What! That's five miles away!" My eyes widened in shock.

Beak Seung Jo chuckled then said, "What, you don't want to spend a day with your handsome husband?"

"Of course I do!" I explained, slightly offended. ew

"Then walk," he said brusquely and tugged me closer to him. I smiled inwardly at my silly husband. He called me stupid, but when it came to relationships, he was class F*.

"What are we going to talk about?" I asked. I turned my face up to his excitedly.

"Do we have to talk?" he asked dully. I looked away to the cars whizzing by. There was a small silence followed by a sigh. "Okay, what great idea do you have for small talk?"

"Yay!" I cheered at his acceptance for conversation. "How's work?"

"Good."

"Define good."

"Are you that stupid?"

"Hey!"

"No, really," Seung Jo said. I looked up at him and he was smiling.

"Okay, let me tell you about my work."

"I already know what you do," he replied quickly. I looked at him in confusion. "I memorized your course and handbook."

I pouted sullenly. "Of course." But then I brightened. "But you don't know my newest hobby. He seemed slightly surprised so I continued. "I like to collect flowers and then press them and catalog them."

"You're smart enough for that?" he asked. Even I could hear the barely disguised surprise in his voice.

I pulled away, slightly hurt. "Hey! Even I have something I'm good at."

"I'm surprised," he said bleakly. I frowned at him.

"Fine. Why don't you tell me something you're not good at?"

He paused before answering. "Expressing my feelings… especially…" he trailed off, his eyes flickering to meet mine for a brief second. I looked at him waiting for him to continue, but he didn't. I didn't press it. He wouldn't tell me anyways.

/_-_-_

"Oh. My. Gosh," I panted. I peeled of my thin jacket and rolled down the neck of my shirt. "We're finally here." I hung out my tongue for a second.

Seung Jo ruffled my hair and said, "Good dog. Sit."

I stuck my tongue out at him and walked towards the forest. I kept going but at the tree line, I was sure Seung Jo Ah wasn't following me. I looked back to see him smirking slightly at me.

"You sure you want to go the advanced trail?"

I narrowed my eyes at the subtle challenge in his mocking voice. Bring it on. "Yes," I said haughtily. "Yes, I can handle the advanced trail." I plunged through the long grass and started on the overgrown trail.

The trail was barely a trail and more of a worn down path of grass where someone had lightly laid dirt. After a minute or so, I heard my husband jogging behind me to catch up. His hand caught my shoulder and pulled me to a stop.

"You know there are snakes here?" My eyes widened and I stepped closer to him.

"Stupid woman," he said and shook his head. He walked ahead and I stared at his back. He turned and said teasingly, with a smile, "Are you coming or are you waiting for a snake to come and eat you?"

I ran toward him, but tripped on a root. The tall, green grass suddenly grew closer to my face. Then two wiry arms were holding me up from the armpits like a baby and I was pulled up to face Beak Seung Jo.

"You can't even go ten feet into the advanced trail…" and he rolled his eyes, without finishing his comment.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically pretending to ignore his comment. We continued to walk, this time in silence; even I was unwilling to break the spell nature had cast on Seung Jo Ah and me.

One hour turned into two and when I checked my watch it was nearing lunch time.

"Seung Jo, it's eleven o'clock. Want to go back?" He didn't look down at me, but increased his pace slightly so I was slightly trotting behind him.

My hand stretched out in front of me to hold his hand which was reaching behind him.

"Hold on!" I panted. This was getting tiring. I stumbled on a rock and I quickly hooked my fingers into the back of his jacket. I pulled myself up, and he looked back, a slightly concerned look on his face. When he saw I was okay, he nodded and started walking again.

"Oh Ha Ni?" Seung Jo's voice suddenly floated back to me. "You ready?"

What? Ready for what? What was he doing?

He veered or the trail for a few minutes. We stopped in front of a tree and I placed my hands on my knees, exhausted. He turned at me and smiled excitedly, very abnormally… He reached forward and pulled back a big branch.

"Here we are," he said simply and pulled me after him, through the space he had created.

I stood in awe at the beautiful scene before me. My mouth dropped open and I gasped in shock. Then Seung Jo was speaking and my focus was on him again. Like always.

/_-_-_

"I know I've said it before, but I don't say it enough."

My eyes widened at my husband. We'd been together for a year, but I could count the number of times he had so openly expressed his feeling on my hands.

"I'm sorry. I can never express myself right around you," he continued. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets, and was so different from the cold and confident Beak Seung Jo I knew. I didn't know what to say.

"I love you Oh Ha Ni."

I beamed at him happily and threw my arms around his neck leaning up for a kiss. I touched his soft lips and his mouth moved slickly over mine. He tilted his head slightly and cradled my face softly.

We broke apart for air, and then I gave him my best puppy-dog face. "Can't you say it… just once more?"

He shook his head, smiling. "I love you, Oh Ha Ni."

"And again!" I begged.

"I love you. A thousand times so you don't have to ever ask again."

Overflowing with joy, I bit my lip and closed my eyes for a second. I felt a feather light touch on my lips and I leaned in closer it. I gripped his upper arms tightly and let him take my weight. I pressed myself closer and he kissed me slowly and freely.

I knew I didn't have to say it back. I had my turn, now it was his.

/_-_-_

* Class F - That's a reference from the anime, not from the drama. It's the lowest class according to grades :P