Chapter 4

Changed life

“Hey Mister Amber!”

“Oh not this time!!!” Amber mentally cursed in her mind. She did try her best to avoid the oh-so-admirable-mister-principle but…haiz….In this beautiful morning in this corridor she got caught ugly!!

Too pissed off, she turned back, bursted out: “What the freaking hell do you want from me? I had enough from that joyful afternoon with you!! If you want me to hang out with you after school, I swear I’ll make an irrevocable appointment this afternoon right the time you inform it. So…um…um…et er ucking and off ai outh!! (get the ing hand off my mouth)”

Kibum dragged her to the who-knows-where dark place out of the corridor before she could yell anything more at his face. Pushing her against the wall, he locked him between his two arms, smirking:

“Why don’t you have your usual forced smile in your face when meeting me? What’s with it?”

Then his hand trailed annoyingly sensually down her arm

“And what’s with the long sleeves shirt in this hot summer? Aren’t you fine???”

He gently tucked her sleeves up, frowning. Her arms were full of red swelling blisters. Can’t believe working in the fields brought her so much trouble… He slightly kissed her arm, tucking the sleeve down, and whispered: “Sorry”. With it he left, leaving Amber there dumfounded for at least 3 minutes, only woke up at the loud bell.

With flying feelings she somehow finally reached her class, greeted her students with an obvious-but-without-her-knowing smile, which caused several “Aww” from swooning teengirls.

“Okay hey class. Have you ever felt bad about someone or some services?”

“Yes. Of course, sir!!”

“Then what do you often do to react to those?”

“Complain mentally” The class sing-songed, seemingly interested.

“So what if the service centre or the person is wiiling to get your responds, but you feel it too insulting to complain right at their faces?”

This time it took a little longer for the teenagers to reply. Several ideas made a loud noise. Amber grinned wider at the noisy kids before slightly shushed them.

“You guys are so creative. But the most excellent idea is to write a letter to them. Today we are going to study how to write a complaint letter. With this you can easily express your feeling towards someone with less hesitation. After this lesson I hope there will be some letters on your lockers, by which your friends tell you what she/he cannot tell you directly. I hope there are some in my locker too!”

Her mood was so good that she even winked at the students. The sleeping Lee Taemin fortunately/unfortunately woke up right at the time she winked. Unconsciously, he felt like her wink was especially only for him, ignoring the fact that all the girls around him were swooning like crazy. He blushed. But his mind had made decision that he cannot and never like petite guys like Amber. So yeah, he believed his mind no matter what!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[After school]

The damn allergy put Amber on a fever. She tiredly opened her locker, only to be crushed by a mountain of letters. God!! All of them are from her female students and “fangirls” all around school!! She can never think that the girls would take her allowance of complaint letters as allowance of free confession. Though, a slight feeling of piss off can’t kill her happiness. She literally felt grateful to be loved (with genderbender). Suddenly, a distinctive letter fell off her grip. It’s distinctive cuz all other ones are almost pink and neat, while this one is carelessly folded and kinda…dirty.

“I complain about you and your lesson because:

- You is petite

- You is not a pretty girl

- Engrish is difficulty

- Your wink makes me blush

I want Ms Sooyoung back!!

I hate you”

Amber can’t help laughing at the rude but strangely cute letter which is full of mistakes. Of course, this is from none other than our mister i-hate-you Lee Taemin!! She also found a small allergy tube near where the letter had been. “So the young mister even bought this for me together with his complaints? Such a weird guy! Haha..” Weakly chuckling, she slowly walked towards gateway.

Right when she disappeared, Kibum found him staring at Amber’s locker, mumbling “Where is she? Did she take the tube? Can she take care of herself? Tsk…this child…can’t ever let her alone…” and hurried following her pace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Meanwhile in the USA]

- Today we gather here to commemorate Amber, an excellent student, a kind friend, a strong person who can manage to live healthy and wealthy all by herself, even though her parents had gone. It will hurt me and obsess my life forever that I cannot even find her cadaver. My beautiful sweet girl…

Daniel broke down, trembling and crying like there’s no tomorrow. Everybody took turn to leave a flower above “Amber’s grave” and patted him with comfort. Until all the guests left, he stood up, looked at the empty grave.

- Amber, if I can’t have you alive, I must have you dead.

- Are you sure about it?

A half mocking voice echoed behind his back. Startled, he turned back, only to find a pile of dirty clothes. Other than that, totally an empty place.