WRITING RESOURCES

colors: a writing contest for 2016

W R I T I N G   R E S O U R C E S

A short list of websites and places for inspiration to help you complete your writing goals. Hopefully these sites are useful to you!

 

mywriteclub
This website lets you create writing goals and you update on your progress of those goals every time you get some writing done. There's also a feature called "word sprinting" where you can write alongside other people and see who can write the most in a 25 minute intervals with 5 minute breaks in-between -- a fun way to get motivated to write!

Neil Gaiman's 8 Rules of Writing

The Ultimate Writing Resource Masterlist
I've actually never gotten around to reading any of the links, but they all seem very interesting and helpful! There's no need to follow them, but they're there if you're ever stuck in a rut.

Write or Die 2
This website is a more intense motivator to get you writing. You set a word count you want to hit in a certain time frame, and if you don't meet that word count in that time or stop writing for an extended period of time, there is a "consequence" -- I've heard that sometimes it'll delete words for you!

The Snowflake Method
We're not necessarily writing novels here, but this can be a helpful method to help you organize your ideas, especially if you're writing a multi-chaptered fic!

Fic Prompt Generator
This generates random fic prompts for you to write.

Unblocking Writer's Block
A tumblr that provides various kinds of writing exercises.

An Anthology of Mythical Creatures

ILYS
When you write on this site, you can't edit anything until you hit your word count goal. This helps you write out everything that's on your mind.