Skinny Love

Skinny Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was just another day for Kang Seulgi. Another day to be spent in school. Another day to sleep in class. For the last time, she lets out a big yawn that she was holding. Her bored eyes lazily glanced to whatever their math teacher was scribbling on the board and every chalk he wasted, Seulgi asked herself why does she has to suffer everyday by spending time inside the classroom that offers nothing but lectures that doesn’t even interest her.

Right.

If anything interesting Kang Seulgi finds, is that her seatmate, Bae Joohyun.

She rested her cheek on her palm, head tilted as she not so secretly watched Joohyun. Kang Seulgi never minds when people caught her staring. She just turns away and acts like nothing happened.

 She sees Joohyun writing something on her notebook but Seulgi was sure that it was not what’s on the board.

The way Joohyun creases her brows, bites her lips or simply tuck some hair strands behind her ear---it was something that draws Seulgi’s attention.

Interesting

Seulgi unconsciously smiled but the smile falters as quickly as Seulgi loses interest in math when Bae Joohyun stops scribbling.

And just like how she played it inside her head, Joohyun slowly turned to her which caught her off guard.

She was caught staring for Pete’s sake.

Seulgi never mind when people caught her staring but she thought wrong because she does mind when Joohyun caught her. Seulgi’s lips parted but nothing came out so she closed it back. And the way Joohyun gave her a puzzled look didn’t help her awkward situation.

“Sorry the class—“

She wanted to tell her how boring the class was and she’s the only interesting inside the four cornered walls but Kang Seulgi chose not to.

So instead she said something else.

“What were you scribbling?”

Stupid.

It was the most stupid thing to ask but Kang Seulgi has no choice and she doesn’t regret it because when Joohyun flashes a smile, she couldn’t ask for more, she thought.

But what Joohyun said after left her puzzled.

“You’re weird.”

If Joohyun was just any person Seulgi would take that as a compliment but no. Joohyun was not just any person because for the last time Seulgi checked, it’s been 4 years she has her eyes on Joohyun.

But the odds plan that her first conversation with Joohyun is on the last 3rd month before graduation and to top that, she was told weird.

Kang Seulgi just then realized that she hasn’t replied yet and was just blankly staring back at Joohyun when the girl laughed softly. She felt her blood rushed to her face when she heard her laugh. It was beyond beautiful to her ears.

“Yah Kang Seulgi, get a grip will you?” Joohyun smiled.

“Y-you know my n-name?”

It was too late to grasp the thought she actually asked that out loud and worse, stuttered.

“How can I not when Mr. Cho always throws his eraser at you for sleeping in his class?” Joohyun teased and laughed when a big frown appeared on Seulgi’s face.

Probably Joohyun laughed a bit louder than she should because their short moment was interrupted when Mr. Cho stopped writing and grabs the eraser while sternly yelling,

“BAE JOOHYUN!”

He throws his eraser at Joohyun but before it hit her, Seulgi was fast enough to push her head down to her desk, Joohyun’s forehead resting on her notebook, escaping the painful wrath.

Mr. Cho was furious and all Seulgi can do was smile at him.

Implying she didn’t mean to but she just had to save Joohyun’s pretty face.

 

 

Legs. Hurting.

Arms, hurting.

Every body parts of Kang Seulgi was hurting—she was trembling.

The hall right outside the class of Mr. Cho, Seulgi and Joohyun found themselves squatting as a punishment from being loud in class (Joohyun was the loud one but the goofy smile and all the sleeps Seulgi did to his class, she kind of deserve to be kicked out too).

Just as Seulgi was busy keeping her balance in spite of trembling, she heard Joohyun laugh. They were just a meter away. Kang Seulgi spares a glance and found Joohyun taking steps sideward ‘til she stops beside her.

Joohyun’s arm was touching Seulgi’s. Their shoulders brushed as they are now squatting side by side on the corridor. When their eyes met, there was seconds of silence until their laughter was the only sound they could hear.

Kang Seulgi was happy.

She received a lot of punishments for being dead asleep in classes but it was the first time she laughed and was indeed happy because of the penalty.

Maybe because she remembers how funny Mr. Cho’s face was when she successfully ducked Joohyun’s head from the eraser or maybe because Joohyun was there, facing the same punishment as hers for the first time. Because Bae Joohyun is not just someone to get punished.

Yep. Kang Seulgi was definitely sure it’s the latter.

She was happy because Joohyun was with her…and the latter was happy herself too.

 

~*~

 

It was another day to start and Kang Seulgi finds herself waiting by the gate. She was waiting for Joohyun that morning. For about four years she has memorized by heart what time Joohyun arrives at school, Joohyun’s first class, Joohyun’s table with her friends during lunch—no, no. Seulgi was not a stalker. She just takes notice.

‘Right, I’m just observant’

Turning to her left, she saw Joohyun walking to the school gate while busy with the phone in her hand. And just like that, Kang Seulgi panicked. She was getting uneasy every second passes by.

‘Should I say hi? What if she doesn’t recognize me anymore?’

Seulgi had to slap her forehead for being stupid.

“Of course she’ll remember you idiot.” She groaned. “But what if she doesn’t to make friends?”

She spares another glance to Joohyun who’s getting near and just like how it fated, Joohyun glance up from her phone and saw Seulgi.

‘. She saw me.’

She frantically swings her bag strap (she was just holding onto it on the ground for like forever) to her shoulder and turn her heels to the other side. She hurriedly walk her way inside the school grounds while chanting inside her head,

‘Don’t look back, don’t look back’

“Yah Seulgi!” The cheerful voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter