The mysterious angel

Bulletproof

!!Warning more violence and blood ahead!!

 

In his dream he saw nothing but white. An endless white room.

He took a step forward and instantly he felt like his legs weren't his own because with every step he took he felt a barrier pushing him back or he felt like he was wading through shallow water. Except there was no water there was only a vast, empty stretch of white.

He wandered almost aimlessly around and just when Jisoo's eyes were adjusting to the blank endless room he saw a flash of red he noticed there was a figure standing just a few feet from him with a bright red suit which was in contrast to the surroundings and whatever was in front of him had their hair covering their face. Although he couldn’t see his face, he could tell that who was in front of him was none other than the mafia boss who confronted his landlord earlier. Jisoo was able to peek at the latter's face from afar when he watched him and his group face off against the delinquents in his apartment. Suddenly the memory of escaping with Seungkwan resurfaced and he remembered trying to keep up with Seungkwan who was desperately dragging him along to escape with him until everything just went out with a blur.

And the last thing he saw was the bright red blur of the mafia boss’ suit.


Now that he was right there, Jisoo wanted to have a good look at his face and tried to look around the mop of hair that he didn’t notice that a pair of large,white wings were brushing gently on the floor and when Jisoo unconsciously stepped forward the latter stepped backward and revealed the most incredible pair of wings he'd ever laid eyes upon.

Jisoo knew this was all a dream so he took the time to bask in the glory of the sight before him.The wings stretched so wide that Jisoo was certain that he could see each and every feather glimmering and as the latter flapped his wings slowly, Jisoo imagined how soft they must be but fought the temptation to reach out and touch it. He now had a reason to think of the man in front of him as an angel.

If only he could see his face.

"Hello um-" Jisoo took another step forward only to be shunned by the latter who stretched his wings out in front of him defensively in order to shield himself.

"It's alright I'm not gonna hurt you" Jisoo said soothingly as he slowly approached the latter and as he stood in front of the large wings he carefully reached out and touched it. The wings flinched under his touch and shifted awkwardly to move away from his hand. To his surprise, the wings retreated back and were tucked away carefully behind the angel.

Jisoo was about to open his mouth to say something but was silenced by a gun to his face and Jisoo looked up to look at the angel.

Or what he thought was an angel.

Jisoo only ever saw what the mafia boss looked like from afar but considered what was in front of him to be an otherwise splitting image of the real person except something seemed off about him.

He couldn’t make out his face. And as Jisoo focused he realized, the mafia boss had no face at all.

The angel then parted his hair and Jisoo wished he looked away. Instead of a face, what filled the void of space was a blank screen, hazy with static.

"Of course you won't hurt me, but that doesn't mean I won't" The angel’s voice was disembodied and cold. Nothing like Jisoo expected of an angel at all.

Before Jisoo's brain was blown off the last thing he saw was the room turn bloody red, and the last thing he heard was the sound of a fired bullet before his head was completely blown off.

He jerked his head to his side and found himself in the real world, where he was still alive and his head was completely fine and... he was tied to a chair. He kicked and struggled desperately to be free of the ropes that bound his arms and legs to the chair but it was no use, whoever tied him up made sure the ropes were secure and unbreakable. His forehead throbbed and he groaned at the sudden pain while remembering the horrifying dream he had. He shuddered just remembering how his brains were blown off by what he thought was an angel. He shook the memory of the dream out of his head and tried to look at his surroundings. Jisoo recognized the old,run-down lobby
of his apartment which looked just as shabby as the apartment's exterior with decorative wallpaper peeling off the walls, potted plants placed near the walls begging to be watered, dingy paintings all over the lobby walls which were either perceived as abstract art or pathetic excuses for distinct artwork and finally hanging above was a cheap chandelier with about three lightbulbs missing and one of the working lightbulbs flickering slowly.

When he finally figured out where he was he saw that the mafia group had their backs turned to him as their boss appeared to be interrogating his landlord. Jisoo tried to look around the mafia group and saw that his landlord too was tied up in a chair.

One of the men in suits, Minghao he remembered, nudged his friend,who Jisoo remembered as the calm charismatic one, to look behind him as well and both of them stared at Jisoo and nodded to one another as they approached him. Jisoo once again struggled uselessly as the pair stood on either side of him and both placed one hand firmly on each of Jisoo's shoulders.

"You're not going anywhere” Minghao threatened, tightening his grip on Jisoo's shoulder.

"Minghao-ah no need to be so threatening~~ the boss just needs a few words with this guy then we'll be off. I can go treat you to some ice cream when we get home to sooth your nerves" Jun chirped though the way he spoke calmly seemed to make Jisoo a little nervous.

Minghao grumbled as he turned away from Jun who was smiling at the younger.

Jisoo tried not to mind the two mafia members and focused on his landlord instead. The mafia boss then started circling his prey.

"Our client was paid a great deal of cash and for it to just disappear like that out of the blue suspiciously leads toward you as a suspect in theft" he said accusingly while keeping a careful eye on the landlord.

"That's a pretty bold accusation honey I don't know what you're talkin' about" Minwoo shrugged obviously lying.

The landlord then had a pistol to his face which clicked and was ready to fire with a simple pull of a trigger.

"Don't deny it all evidences lead to this apartment now where are you hiding the money" the mafia leader said slowly losing his composure.

"Have I ever told you that you look lovely when you're angry?" Minwoo teased while completely avoiding the mafia leader's words.

The mafia leader scoffed and rubbed his temples in annoyance.

"Just where the hell are you keeping the money Minwoo" he hissed slowly losing his patience.

"All right I'll talk, I'm pretty sure someone else around here knows exactly where your money is, isn't that right Jisoo-ah~~"Minwoo sneered while grinning at the said person.

At the mention of his name Jisoo suddenly felt like he couldn't breathe. It hit him that his landlord was attempting to pin the blame on him. He knew that he had nothing to do with the heist that his landlord pulled but soon everyone in the room turned to look at Jisoo who was just as shocked as the rest.

"You" the mafia leader marched towards Jisoo. "Talk" he spat at him.

"Wait what no no Jisoo-ssi has no part in this" Seungkwan chimed in, standing in between his boss and Jisoo.

The leader simply snapped his fingers and Jun and Minghao held each of Seungkwan's arms and tugged him gently out of their boss's way.

"W-wait he's innocent sir I know he is" Seungkwan pleaded unsuccessfully and was taken to the side to watch as his boss inched closer to Jisoo and towered over him.

"Just go and wait in the van" the mafia boss ordered Seungkwan who limped towards the exit.

Jisoo froze completely as the mafia boss approached him. After coming back from that horrible nightmare he had no idea how to perceive this guy. His heart started pounding hard against his chest and was extremely tense since he remembered what this guy had done to him in his nightmare and wondered if he would actually die like that in real life. He stared ahead as the mafia boss walked towards him and imagined that he was at his own execution and he couldn’t do anything to save himself. The only thing that slightly relieved him was the fact that he was finally able to see his face clearly instead of a dull void of space. Jisoo had to admit he thought that he was a girl at first glance but now knowing he was a guy but despite he was still all the more intimidating. Jisoo saw how his red suit was gleaming and remembered how the white room he was in was as red as that suit before he “died” and decided to just avert his gaze to something else while waiting for his otherwise untimely death.

He was brought back to reality by the cold metal tip of a gun resting on his forehead and
instantly Jisoo's head shot up and his eyes met with the mafia leader's and with their eyes locked he saw murderous intent in the mafia boss’ eyes and quickly looked away once again.


"I-I'm not hiding your money I honestly don't know what Minwoo-ssi got himself into I swear I'm not involved"Jisoo sputtered desperately.

"The cat's out of the bag Jisoo-ssi, no use hiding it now" Minwoo taunted.

He looked at his landlord in disbelief and was trying to form insults to throw at his landlord but nothing came out, his mouth just kept opening and closing like a fish.
He was never the violent type but Jisoo wished he could just walk right up to his landlord and smack him right in his smug face. And well the only thing stopping him was that he was a pacifist and... he was still tied to a chair.

"So Jisoo-ssi where the hell are you hiding the money" the mafia leader was getting impatient now.

"Heh we were worried about where to hide the money but luckily Jisoo-ssi suggested to hide the money in his room" Minwoo said making Jisoo even angrier.

While he was glaring at his landlord, the mafia leader grabbed onto Jisoo's hair and jerked his head upwards with so much force that Jisoo was taken aback.

"Oh did he now?" The mafia leader hissed while examining his face and saw that the latter's eyes were shut to avoid looking at the mafia leader so he gripped his hair harder earning a grunt of protest from his prey.

Just as a bead of sweat started forming on his forehead he found the chair along with him being dragged across the floor and winced at the scratching noise it made against the marble. All eyes were on Jisoo as he was being dragged away against his will by the mafia boss until they stopped at the base of the stairs.

The mafia boss sighed deeply. "Where is his room?" He said impatiently while cracking his knuckles.

"Just go straight and turn right, his room is the first one after you round the corner" Minwoo replied happily.

"Right, thanks" The mafia boss said staring at the long flight of stairs. "Let's go"

He clutched the back of the chair and heaved Jisoo up the long flight of stairs. Every time the legs of the chair hit each landing made Jisoo surprisingly dizzy because of how fast the mafia boss was climbing the steps.

With his vision being reduced to rapid up and down motions he saw the distant grin of his landlord and the rest of the mafia crew watching him as he was being carried off by the mafia boss. Surprisingly enough, as scared as he was he was anticipating what kind of reaction the mafia boss would have when they arrive at his room to find nothing there, that Jisoo really was innocent. There was no way that the money would be in his room. As they were nearing the room the mafia boss pulled him along with the legs of the chairs making horrible screeching sounds against the tiled floor which echoed in the hallway and sent shivers down Jisoo's spine. Because of the ear-piercing noise he realized too late that his captor was talking to him and stopped abruptly when he realized his hostage wasn't listening.


"Hey you've got ears right?" The mafia boss spun his victim around to look at him. "You and the rest of Minwoo's crew are dead meat when we hand you all over to the cops" he glared at his victim coldly and spun him back around to continue dragging him.

He turned a corner and set the chair in front of a door with a plaque that read 1230.

"This is it right?" the mafia boss said pointing at the room and peering inside since the door was left ajar. He boldly stepped inside when he received a hesitant nod from Jisoo.

Before he started looking around he backed up the chair along with his victim.

"All right so where are you hiding it" the mafia boss said impatiently and folded his arms.

"Like I said before I don't know what you're talking about my idiot landlord just decided to get me involved with whatever he did this time" Jisoo was losing his patience now and raised his voice at his captor but immediately lowered his voice when he received a glare from the mafia boss.

"Hmph I knew you were gonna say that well I'm just gonna have a look for myself you can't hide it forever" the mafia boss scoffed and had both hands on his hips now.

Jisoo struggled harder against the ropes binding him to the chair. He really didn't want this guy to go through all his things one by one and invading his privacy.

Though as the mafia boss proceeded to investigate Jisoo felt kind of bad for his captor since he had to step over accumulations of music sheets, empty soda cans and books and wished he had cleaned up this morning. The mafia boss was careful not to step on anything and treated everything as if they were land mines. While eyeing his surroundings for clues and possible hiding spots for the stolen fortune he failed to notice an empty soda can in front of him and accidentally stepped on it, falling back in the process with a loud thump as he fell onto a pile of music sheets.

It took all of Jisoo's willpower not to laugh but unfortunately a small giggle escaped his lips and the mafia boss shot up from the ground, turned around and kicked the empty soda can at his victim's feet.

"Tidy up your damn room it's like a kid's playroom in here" the mafia victim was snarling now and his face turned a light shade of red and Jisoo wondered if it was because of anger or embarrassment. Maybe even both.

As funny as the scene was Jisoo was glad to control his laughter to a sole giggle because who knows what the mafia boss would do if he caught him bursting out laughing. He was still really terrified of the guy but witnessing his embarrassing fall made the mood a little lighter.

"So did you find it yet?"

Both Jisoo and Jeonghan's heads turned to look at the owner of the voice standing in the entryway as he walked inside and closed the door behind him. It was Minwoo, untied and standing on his two feet, grinning at them.

"Why the hell are you untied?" The mafia boss clicked his revolver at him.

The latter held up his hands in defense. "Your men released me. I wanted to see if you'd find out where it is" he said innocently.

"I didn’t give them orders to release you-"

"So Jisoo-ah did you tell him where the loot is" He said cutting off the mafia boss.

This was his chance to finally tell off his landlord. "No because I'm absolutely sure that there is no money nor will there ever be any stolen money hidden in this room" Jisoo said firmly and earning a pat on the head from his landlord.

"It's cute how you still act like you're innocent, our plan was foiled just come clean" he was still patting Jisoo's head and grinned down at him. "There's a secret compartment above the headboard go check it out honey" he said smiling sweetly at the mafia boss.

A feeling of triumph passed over Jisoo after what his landlord had said. He found it pathetic how his landlord was making up lies to frame him and even lied about there being a secret compartment in his room. There was no way that that was true because it was Jisoo's room and he knew every inch of it. Jisoo was actually excited to see everyone's reactions when they find out there is no secret compartment with stolen money inside and he waited in anticipation as the mafia boss stood on his bed and started knocking on the wall above the headboard to look for it.

A section of the wall suddenly came loose and was knocked over by the mafia boss' hand and revealed the stolen bags of cash that spilled onto Jisoo's bed.

It was only after his landlord lifted his chin back up did Jisoo realized that his jaw hung open due to shock. Honestly, Jisoo dealt with his landlord and the rest of his goons but he never expected his room to be broken into and renovated against his will since Jisoo never remembered being told that he had a secret compartment or told that someone else built it without his permission. Jisoo wondered now what he did to deserve this and what horrible punishment the mafia boss had in store for him since he failed to prove his innocence.

"Jisoo-ssi you're one sneaky bastard" the mafia boss deadpanned and held up two bags of cash.

Before Jisoo could say anything his landlord had his hands over his mouth to restrain him. He tried to scream and thrashed about in his chair more violently than ever but Minwoo had a firm hold on him. Just then, the door barged open and four thugs fell to the floor bound with ropes and behind them followed Jun and Minghao without a single scratch.

"So boss did you find it?" Jun asked while kicking one of the thugs towards Minwoo's feet.

"Sure did and by the way why didn't you keep an eye on him" the mafia boss gestured towards Minwoo who still had his hands over Jisoo's mouth.

"We were jumped by these guys they came out of nowhere we're really sorry boss" Minghao said sheepishly  then did a full ninety-degree bow towards his superior who slightly softened at his subordinate.

"Aigoo you're too cute just don't let it happen again alright" he chuckled lightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Huh, didn't know you were the motherly type honey" Minwoo said while looking from Minghao to the mafia boss.

At that point all three of the men brought out their guns and aimed at Minwoo.

"Don't move" the mafia boss said calmly and Minwoo peeled his hands off Jisoo's mouth in which the latter immediately gasped.

"Look I really really really don't know what's going on here I never knew that Minwoo-ssi and the others hid the money there heck I didn't even know I had a secret compartment in here I swear on my life that I didn't steal the money" All of Jisoo's words came tumbling out frantically as he tried to explain himself for the nth time but as he stared at the mafia boss' cold eyes he knew he was hopeless.

"Save it for the big house Jisoo-ssi" the mafia boss deadpanned. "You two, get the rest of the bags" he ordered his men while still aiming his gun at the landlord.

Jun and Minghao went to work to gather the bags of cash with Jun collecting the ones that spilled onto the bed and Minghao collecting the ones that were still inside the secret compartment. Both of them had mountains of cash piled on their arms and it wasn't long until one bag fell off from the top of Jun's mountain of cash bags and spilled its loot onto the floor. Of all the things that happened tonight this was the most unexpected of all, and Jisoo had no idea if he should be relieved or not anymore.

The contents of the bag were dozens of flyers for the AKMU gun shop several blocks away.

The mafia boss picked it up and opened the mouth of the bag even wider to check inside. "Check the others" he ordered his subordinates and the latter scrambled through the bags and found nothing but more flyers.


Without warning the mafia boss aimed his gun at Minwoo's foot and fired.

Minwoo fell to the floor in an instant and clutched his foot which started to gush out blood. Jisoo quickly turned his head since the sight of blood made him queasy and uncomfortable.

Despite his injury Minwoo still managed to joke around. "Hey sweetie that wasn't very nice of you" Even in his current predicament he still mustered up a teasing tone.

The mafia boss grabbed the landlord by his shirt collar and held him up. "What kind of goddamn game are you playing here huh?!" He hissed so closely to the landlord's face that he just smirked.

"Ah you're even prettier up close~~"

BAM

The mafia boss punched him square on the jaw and the momentum caused the landlord to slam against the wall.After recovering momentarily Minwoo felt blood dripping from his nose and he slumped down to the floor once more. He coughed a couple of times before spitting out a loose tooth towards the ground.

"Look honey you're cute and all but come on are you trying to send me to the hospital?!" Minwoo finally snapped.

"It's been a long night and I'm getting quite tired of your jokes-"the mafia boss deadpanned and was rubbing his temples slowly out of irritation.

“Sir! Sir! Look out they’re coming your way!” Seungkwan’s voice came from the mafia boss’ earpiece.

“What who’s coming our way?!” The mafia boss asked while fumbling with his earpiece.

“It’s them it’s-“ Seungkwan’s voice was cut off and replaced with static.

“Seungkwan?? Seungkwan!!” The mafia boss desperately called his subordinate’s name but received no further answer. “What the hell?? Jun, Minghao go outside and check on Seungkwan-“

Just then, a small circular object was thrown in through the window and started releasing smoke which filled the entire room. Everyone else in the room immediately covered their mouths to avoid breathing in the smoke but Jisoo wasn’t so lucky. Jisoo’s hands were still tied to the chair along with the rest of his body and he was forced to hold his breath until the smoke cleared.

Jisoo had no idea what was going on anymore because first, his landlord stole money and involved him in the heist and next this mafia boss is out to get him because he believes that Jisoo has something to do with this and now a smoke bomb just appeared out of nowhere. He was still afraid sure but he had to meet up with his teacher tomorrow to consult with him about his new songs and he was really tired of this.

After the smoke disappeared, Jisoo decided to speak up again.

“Ok so what’s next huh?? Another mafia group is gonna come in here and pick a fight again??” Jisoo said sarcastically. “Listen, I have something important to go to tomorrow so can someone please untie me right now” Jisoo raised his voice a little while pleading.

No one was paying attention to him because they were all eyeing the door, there was the sound of people pounding on Jisoo’s door and after a few seconds the door broke off from its hinges and landed on the floor. The people responsible for breaking his door then flooded into the room each carrying a revolver and had more smoke bombs hanging from the belts on their waists and the mafia boss’ group along with Minwoo put their hands up in defense.

Amongst the new group of men there was a rather burly man who shouldered his way forward and looked around at everyone in the room. He had a smoke bomb in one hand and was tossing it upwards repeatedly while scanning his surroundings.

“Shownu” The mafia boss growled.

Shownu walked towards the mafia boss and stopped right in front of him. “Knock Knock” Shownu said nonchalantly as he lightly tapped the mafia boss’ forehead with his knuckles. “Sorry for trespassing Yoon Jeonghan-ah, but you’ve trespassed onto our domain” He said as a smirk tugged at the side of his mouth.

 

 

Hello i'm sorry for not updating after 3 months I kinda had a hard time organizing this chap.

Also yes, Monsta X cameo ; )