one。

sonder。
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The noise outside finally shot her awake, she opened her eyes but she quickly closed them, as the light was too bright for her eyes to take in.

She tried again, this time more slowly than before, she waited for her eyes to adjust to the light before she fully opened them.

 

All she could see was white, white ceiling, white walls, she turned her head slowly to the right to where the sound of continuous beeps were and she knew she was in the hospital. She turned her head slowly again to the left and found her mom sleeping beside her, her mom’s hand was just right before her hand. She was about to reach out to her when she noticed that her hand was placed on dextrose. She wanted to lift her hand up without causing her mom to wake but to her dismay, her hand twitched.

 

Her mom sat up with a jolt, she quickly looked at her daughter and her eyes widened as she saw her awake.

 

“Honey? Are you awake?” She asked as she quickly grabbed hold of her daughter’s hand, but not to hard as this gesture might inflict pain on her, and stood up from the chair. “How are you feeling?”

 

“M-m-mom..” She croaked, her voice coming out soft and sore. “Why am I in the hospital?”

 

“What do you mean she can’t?!?” She heard her dad’s voice outside the room.

 

“Mom? What’s going on?” She asked, her voice came out in whisper. She tried to sit up but her mom quickly stopped her. “Don’t force yourself honey. I’ll go call the doctor.”

 

As her mom went out the door, she remained lying down on the bed and began to think as to why she was there. She closed her eyes and tried to remember what happened to her but she couldn’t.

 

“Should we tell her?” She heard her mom ask.

 

“I think it’s best to let her know.” She heard an unfamiliar voice say.

 

The doctor went into her room with a small smile on his face, “How are you feeling Seulgi?” He went near her and pressed something beside her bed, it automatically go up making her now sit up.

 

“Tell me what?” She asked looking at her mom, ignoring the doctor’s question. Her mom ignored her eyes and looked at her husband for support instead.

 

“Seulgi, I’m sorry to say but you have to stop ballet for a while until we find a treatment.”

 

“What do you mean I can’t?” She asked, not seeming to understand what he was saying.

 

“You have suffered severe pain during your accident causing your spinal cord to get traumatized, you’re paralyzed from waist down right now. It’s called paraplegia.”

 

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing right now. Her? Paralyzed? Accident? She can’t remember anything.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter