Book Travelers

You and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I was at Barnes & Nobles reading manga & suddenly thought of this concept. And since my love for IU x Haneul has skyrocketed, here's a lil fanfic celebrating the new umbrella couple (still got love for BaekU) !! + i couldnt think of a decent title but this should be ok ;-; weeps

 

She often came by the bookstore probably two or three times a week. It was her favorite place: from the outside it looked like a small bookstore but it included stairs that lead to a two story basement. It was quite beautiful to her-- the man who worked there watched her eyes glitter every time she came in. Old and new books of the sort covered every inch of the store that was painted of all shades of color. The scent was crisp and fresh, despite some books having an "old smell."

The shop posted up new books every week on the front’s display tables. She liked seeing different illustrations on each book because it gave her a sense of what a book was like-- but she knew she wasn't comfortable about judging a book by it's cover. The man knew this somehow, and found it cute of her to think so.

The bookstore ultimately made her calm and safe. She was surrounded by books that could her change her world in an instant. And she was totally fine with that. She loved reading books because it gave her the chance to step into a uniquely different world: another universe with insane martial artists that ruled the planet or magic that destructed evil doers or even a place where people could live peacefully with monsters. She loved reading books that made you think about how life would be amazingly exotic if certain things happened. Her everyday life was boring-- books spiced it up.

For this man, he thought about quitting his workplace until she came in. He liked watching her; every time she came into the store, she looked around the place in awe, as if it was her first time. She would often whisper, "aah!" or "oohh," as she read books on the floor below the first one and the man would often chuckle because she was just too cute.

He had the courage to talk to her one day and asked if she needed help because she seemed lost.

"Hi, did you need help with something?"

"Hm," the woman looked up to see a tall and handsome man lean sideways after putt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter