002

Your Biggest Fan, Your Hope, Hoseok.
Your Biggest Fan, Your Hope, Hoseok
Chapter 2
"SIX WEEKS?" You exclaimed as you sat up in your hospital bed. It was the next morning and you were being signed out to be discharged. The other boys had come back to pick you up after going home the night before to sleep. Hoseok had stayed the night, refusing to leave. You insisted he didn't have to and that his back must be hurting, but he wouldn't take no for answer. 

"Six weeks IF everything heals up properly." The doctor said placing your new knee brace on correctly. 

"That's not possible. Don't you know who I am? I'm part of Bangtan. I dance. It's my JOB. I can't be off of my knee for SIX WEEKS." You were in a tizzy. Frantic even. 

"I'm well aware. And I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do to speed up your recovery. Knee injuries don't stop for anybody, unfortunately. And you need to heal properly." The doctor was handing a pack of care papers to Hoseok as he spoke. 

"What if I wait only four weeks? I'm sure I'll be okay by then. It's just a sprain!"

"Enough (Y/N)!" Namjoon's loud and authoritative voice startled you. And you'd be lying if you said it didn't scare you a bit. And by the looks of the faces on all the other boys, it startled them too. "I'm telling you this not as your friend, but as your leader. Are you listening to me?" You hung your head low and nodded, embarassed. "You're going to listen to him. You're going to stay off of your knee for six weeks. You have to heal properly. I don't care if you feel better in four weeks. Heck, I don't care if you feel perfectly fine tomorrow. Six weeks is when we can start talking about getting you back in to business. Until then, we'll figure something out." Namjoon's face returned from it's stern look, to a more sympathetic one. He walked over to you and placed a large warm hand on the top of your head. "Alright?" His voice was much more calm and quiet.

You looked up at him with watery eyes and nodded. "You're right. I'm so sorry, Namjoon. I didn't mean any disrespect." Your tears spilled over as he embraced you in a tight hug, all traces of stern leader gone and now replaced with best friend. "I'm just so upset about this. I really am."

"Oh I know you are. And we all are too. We hate seeing you look so upset." you felt more hands touch you gently on your back or shoulders or legs, and when you looked up, all the other boys were standing around you with sad faces, Hoseok even looking near tears himself. 

"Noona, I know I am the youngest, but I will take care of you as if I were your oppa!" Jungkook said, giving you that smile that always makes you laugh. 

You giggled a little as you wiped your tears. "We will all take care of you. We're your brothers. That's what we do." Yoongi gave you a reassuring pat on the head. 

"Now lets bust you out of this popscicle joint." Jimin said with a wicked grin that matched Taehyungs as he wheeled your wheel chair over to you.

"Ahh, I'll wheel her out of here. You two would have her popping wheelies down the hallway and eltting her go at the top of ramps if I let you do it." Hoseok said as he helped you out of bed and in to the chair. 

You giggled as you watched the two pout as their plan was foiled. "I don't care how I get out of here. I'm just ready to be in my bed with my covers. And my shower." 

Hoseok leaned down so his lips were a bit closer to our ear. "Well when we get home, you can shower, then we can snuggle up all day and watch all those video game championship videos that you missed, okay?"

Your cheeks flushed slightly. The closest you two had ever gotten to snuggling was either you falling asleep on him on the couch, or when you both had the same airplane seat section and you'd lift the arm rest up for more comfortable napping. But never deliberately togther in a bed. "O-okay." you stumbled out. "But you don't like watching video game tournaments." 

Hoseok shrugged as he wheeled you down the hallway. "I'm not the biggest fan. But they make you happy. And right now, whatever makes you happy, I'll gladly pay attention to. Maybe you can teach me all about it, if you're up for it." 

You tried to hide your smile, you really did. "Yeah. I'd like that."

 

"Oh thank god!" you said as you set yourself down on your bed. You propped your crutches up beside you. You were so thankful to be home. Hoseok placed your bags down on the floor beside your dresser and he flipped through the care instructions from the hospital. 

"It says to take your pain medication once every 4-6 hours with food. Keep your knee iced and elevated for the first 48 hours. Doesn't sound too hard." He placed the papers on your vanity. "How are you feeling right now? Scale of 1-10." 

You thought for a second. "6 and a half. The medication they gave me this morning is wearing off." 

"Well then lets get you a shower and after that I'm sure you're fine to take some more." He rumaged through your drawers pulling out some pajama pants and a tshirt for you. He stopped at the top drawer and looked over his shoulder at you. "Do you mind? Or do you want to get these yourself?"

You shrugged. "You can get them. It's hard to hold things and walk." 

Hoseok opened the top draw and grabbed a pair of underwear before placing them neatly on top of your other change of clothes. He walked in to the bathroom and placed the on the counter before getting the water started. You sat down on the closed lid of the toilet and went to undo all the straps of your knee brace. 

"Are you going to be okay by yourself? Can you walk on it? Do you need me to stay in here to help you?" Hoseok was helping you stand. 

"I'll be okay. I can walk on it some. Just carefully. You can't stay in here. I'll be . It would be embarassing." 

Hoseok gave you a small smile. "Okay. Be careful. Shout if you need me." He walked out, clicking the door shut leaving you to your privacy. 

You stripped down with some difficulty. It was hard to bend your knee, and you realized having someone to pull your pants off for you might have been a lot easier. but you couldn't ask any of them to do that for you. You'd have to manage. You finally were able to step in the shower, and you sighed in relief as the water hit your body. You washed the hospital smell off of every inch of you. 

You were turning around to rinse your back when the soap under your feet turned slippery and you took a fall to the shower floor. You choked out a cry as you managed to not hurt your knee more than possible, your already bruised taking the brunt of the fall once again. You were panicking, wondering how you were going to get up. There was nothing for you to grab on to.

"(Y/N)? Is everything okay? I heard a loud noise. Did you drop something?" You heard Hoseok's voice on the otherside of the door. 

"N-No!" You yelled back over the sound of the water. "I...I fell." 

"You fell!? I'm coming in!"

"NO!" You shouted. You didn't want him in there!

"Why not? Do you need help?"

"I'm just...I'm ! You can't see me !" You didn't want that. Not yet. You didn't want Hoseok to see you in your most bare form when you were soaking wet and lying in pain on the shower floor. 

"I'm coming in with my eyes closed then. I'll grab your towel off the sink and hand it to you so you can cover yourself up long enough for me to help you. okay? That's about as good we're going to get. Is that alright?" 

You thought for a moment. You still didn't want him to see you like that, but you were thankful for his consideration. "O-Okay."

You heard the door open, and watched as Hoseok slowly felt his way around the bathroom. You felt awkward lying there so exposed, but you could see his eyes were closed tightly shut. 

"Am I close enough for you to grab the towel?" Hoseok held out your towel and you reached over as much as you could to grab it. 

"Yeah." 

"Alright. Let me know when you're okay for me to open my eyes and help you up." 

You managed to tuck the towel around your body hiding your most private of features. "I'm oaky now." you said meekly. You couldn't bare to look at him when he opened his eyes. He turned off the water and stepped in to the shower behind you so he could lift you up to your feet. When you were standing, you kept your back towards him. 

"Are you done showering? Do you need me to stay in here this time? I can get your bathing suit. Something. I just want you to be safe." His tone was soft and concerned, and you felt his hand stoke slowly up and down your wet shoulder. 

You just shook your head. "No, I'm done. You can leave now." 

Hoseok helped you out of the shower, your gaze still trained on the floor. He grabbed you a new towel before silently leaving the bathroom. 

You sat there for a moment still in your wet towel before deciding it was probably a good idea to get dressed and get back to your room. You opened the bathroom door that led directly in to your bedroom where Hoseok was sitting on your bed still scanning through the doctors papers. He motioned for you to sit inbetween his legs. You did so slowly as he took the towel from your head and began to dry your hair. 

You both sat there in silence, enjoying the feeling of having your hair dried. "I'm sorry." you whispered. 

"What for?" 

"For being so helpless right now. And for the incident in there. I just...I'm not ready for you to see me . I'm sorry. Are you mad about that?"

You heard Hoseok hum gently behind you. "I'm not mad about anything. Bodies are just bodies unless we have the intentions of percieving them in a different way. But I understand, and I'm not upset. But babe, I'm your boyfriend. If you need my help for anything I'm here fr that, you know? You're in a time of need right now and you need someone to help take care of you. You can't do everything on your own. You're not helpless. You just need a little extra care right now is all." 

He threw the towel on to the floor and wrapped his arms around your waist. You sat there like that for a minute, enjoying the warmth of Hoseok around you. 

"What do you want to do right now?" You heard him whisper against the skin on your neck. And if you weren't so emotionally drained or injured, you probably would have turned around to kiss the daylights of him. 

"I want a nap."

He chuckled lightly and removed himself from behind you. He let you get situated before he threw the covers up over you.

"Hoseok." You said quietly before he turned to leave. He looked up at you. "Is it too much to ask...for you to stay here with me? At least until I fall asleep?" 

"Not at all." He climbed in to the other side of the bed and curled up on his side since you could only lay on your back. He draped one arm around your waist, and nuzzled his head on to your shoulder. "Is this too much? Are you comfortable?" 

You felt your heart race in your chest and you hoped to god he couldn't hear it. "It's perfect. Thank you." 

"Anything for you."

 

When you woke up, the warmth of Hoseok was gone. You sat up and looked to the spot where he was currently laying. No Hoseok. You looked around the room, spotting Jimin on his laptop. 

"Jiminie." You said, your voice still laced with sleep. 

The younger boy looked up. "Oh, you're awake!" You nodded. "Hoseok told me to stay in here with you until he got back!" 

"Got back? Where did he go?"

"To the store. He said he needed to pick some things up for you." Jimin walked over to your bed and grabbed your crutches from the floor. He began to swing playfully back and forth on them. "Anyways, Taehyung and I are going to be sleeping in Hobi's room for a couple of weeks. He said he wants to be in here with you while you're healing up. I think it's just because he wants to smooch on you without us watching." 

"Alright Park Jimin, your babysitting duties are up now. And get off those things before you hurt yourself too. And also, I'd smooch on her infront of everyone." Hoseok was standing in the doorway, his hands showed in the pockets of his jeans.

Jimin left the room making over exagerating kissing sounds which earned him a swift punch to the shoulder from Hoseok on the way out. 

Hoseok sat down on the foot of your bed. "How you feeling?" 

"It hurts. A lot." 

Hoseok made a sad face. "Well I just went to the store and picked you up all your favorite foods and things to make them with. And I also bought you a present. But you have to eat something for me first. Deal?" 

You nodded your head. 

"Good. Now what do you want? I can make you tofu soup, jjajjangmyeon, ramyun. You name it."

"Ramyun sounds fine with me. Something light." 

"Sure thing. I'll even make it the way you like it. With the little slices of beef in the broth and the hard boiled egg." Hoseok placed his hand on the side of your face and your cheek with his thumb. "Cheer up! Hobi will have you feeling better in no time!" 

While Hoseok was in the kitchen, you opened up your laptop. Your worst fears were confirmed. Tabloids were everywhere. 

Newest Bangtan Member Falls Hard on Stage

Bangtan Member (Y/N) Seen at Seoul Hospital

Are Bangtans J-Hope and (Y/N) Dating? 

Netizens compile PROOF of Bangtan J-Hope and (Y/N)'s Relationship!

You groaned as you read some of the articles. There were pictures of Hoseok carrying you off stage, close ups of your matching braclets, a zoomed in photo of the group photo you posted on your instagram with Hoseok holding your hand, and even photos of him wheeling you in to the hospital. You didn't even bother to read the comments. Instead you clicked on the fancam video of your fall. 

"I can't believe it." You said to yourself. 

"Can't believe what?" Hoseok came in carrying a tray with a bowl of noddles and even your favorite coffee on it. He set down the tray on your bedside table. 

"All these articles from yesterday. And this video of my fall." You clicked play and watched the horror happen all over again."I just don't get it. Look. There's no reason for that simple move to have injured me. I do that move at least a thousand times a week." You ran your hands through your hair in frustration. 

Hoseok leaned over and closed out of all the tabs. "Things happen. There's no sense in tortuing yourself with it all over again. Manager called. He said he's going to get us a two month break. Lord knows we could all use it. And as for the whole dating thing, it's not false so it's up to us whether to confirm or deny it for a bit longer." 

"Well, fans already hate me, might as well make it official." You said half sarcastically. 

"Do you mean that?" Hosek asked bringing the food tray to your lap. 

"I suppose so. I don't see the harm in it. The seed has been planted in their heads. We could completely ignore each other in public and they'd still find ways to say we're dating. Unless...you're not okay with it." You two hadn't talked about the subject yet, so you really didn't know where he stood on it. 

"Do you still have those photos we took yesterday?" Hoseok asked grabbing your phone. 

"Of course."

He didn't answer, he just tinkered around on your phone for a bit before reaching for his own in his pocket. You watched him type away at something before smiling at you. "There. It's done." 

You heard his phone ding in rapid succession almost immediately, and you watched the instagram notifications pile up. "They're not going to be happy, but it'll be okay. I'll protect you." 

You check Hoseok's instagram, and there you saw the photo collage of selfies you took together yesterday with the caption "Mine" and the sparkling heart emoji. 

"You...you really did it?"

"Mhmmm."

"You're not afraid? Or embarassed?"

"Not at all. You're mine, and that's that. The world can know. he world SHOULD know. But the world also thinks, you should eat so I can give you your pain medication and your present." Hoseok smiled as you stirred around you noodles to cool them off. 

You smiled at him before taking the chopsticks out of his hand. "Thank you, Hobi." 

 

You ate while watching videos of Bangtans funniest moments on youtube, laughing together at the crazy antics of the boys. It felt good to be home, and it felt nice to be alone with Hoseok for a bit. 

"Ahh, now I can give you your gift." Hoseok stood up from the bed taking your empty try back to the kitchen and returning with a pink gift bag. When you opened it, there was a big hello kitty head pillow. "It's for you to use to prop your knee up with! Do you like it?" 

"I love it! Youre too sweet!" You handed him the pillow and he gently lifted up your leg to slide it under your aching knee. You hummed in aproval. "Much better. Thank you Hobi. For everything."

Hoseok curled back up in to your bed, sitting up beside you. He held your gaze for a few long seconds before leaning in slowly to kiss you. His lips were soft and gentle as they moved careful against yours. You broke after a few seconds only long enough to breathe before he leaned back in with a bit more passion, but still with an air of innocence. He stopped much sooner than you would have liked. 

His hand found yours as he laced your fingers together. "It's going to be a long 6 weeks, but don't worry. I'll be here the whole time."