1/2

The Boyfriend Tag

Key sat on their bed while he tried to fix his hair in the mirror. Today was another Thursday and he had promised his viewers that he would do the boyfriend tag with Jonghyun, mainly because the latter had been interrupting his videos more than once and his viewers were curious about him. 

The camera was placed on its stand as usual and Jonghyun was still at work. It did make it a little difficult to record a video with him, but Key was more than ready to capture him when he returned home. When the front door opened and he heard 12 small paws on the wooden floor, he got up and went to greet his boyfriend at the front door. Jonghyun looked tired but he smiled nonetheless when he let his gaze fall upon his boyfriend as he sat down to cuddle their three puppies. 

“Hey babe.” He smiled and Key leaned down to peck his lips before pointing towards the bedroom. 

“I need you to help me with a video, so when you’re done saying hi, you’ll join me, right?” Jonghyun nodded and Key left while Jonghyun greeted the three puppies some more. Key positioned the camera and checked his black hair in the mirror once again to make sure it was perfect. It was newly dyed black, only a couple of days ago. Before that it had been green, something his boyfriend hadn’t been very fond of. Jonghyun entered the bedroom and fell on the bed, face planted in the pillows as he groaned a little, tired from another day of work. Key smiled at the blond man in the bed and rubbed his back a little. 

“Hard day?” he asked and Jonghyun nodded into the pillows. 

“Do I have to do this with you today?” he asked and Key patted his a little. 

“Yes.” Jonghyun groaned again but sat up and smiled into the camera. Key rolled his eyes before he turned the camera on, started recording and smiled towards it. 

“Hey guys! I’m here with my boyfriend and because you’re all so curious, I have decided to do the boyfriend tag, so you guys can meet him!” Jonghyun waved into the camera and felt a little silly. Oh, if only they knew what he did for his boyfriend. 

“Hello, I’m Jonghyun, I’m Key's boyfriend.” he greeted the viewers, who wasn’t exactly viewers yet considering this wasn’t a live recording. But he smiled anyway as Key continued to explain the 30 questions he was going to ask and that he wanted Jonghyun to answer. Jonghyun felt tired just by the mention of 30 questions but he would do what was asked of him, definitely. Because he was a good boyfriend. Key smiled wide and turned towards Jonghyun. 

“Okay, so – first question!” He smiled into the camera and got eye contact with the lens before continuing. “Where did we meet?” Jonghyun had to think at that. They had had so many encounters and they had been together for so long, he hardly didn’t remember stuff like that anymore. Was that bad? Should he remember those times? It wasn’t until Key snapped his fingers in front of his eyes that Jonghyun blinked and remembered he was supposed to answer. 

“Oh yeah, uh, I think we met in my hair salon. You were being a , coming in every week to get your hair dyed or cut or something. You were giving me lots of extra work, you know?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and looked towards his boyfriend who huffed and then nodded. 

“I think we met there too. You had nothing to do anyway.” Key defended himself and Jonghyun was about to protest with an ‘excuse you, I…’ when Key interrupted and smiled towards the camera, squeezing Jonghyun's hand. Jonghyun sighed but smiled towards the camera as well while Key looked at his paper to read the next question. 

“Question number 2!” he said loudly and Jonghyun rolled his eyes at his boyfriend and his dramatic antics. “Where was our first date?” He sighed loudly after having read the question out loud, remembering their first date. 

"Oh, our first … Oh! God, it was such a disaster! Okay, I want to tell this story!” Jonghyun exclaimed and Key gestured his hand towards him to tell him to go on. “Okay, so I had finally said yes to go out with Key after he had asked for like the 3rd time.” Key huffed but let Jonghyun continue. “We were going to the cinema to watch this really cool movie, but I really can’t remember which, sorry babe, and as we got there the tickets had been sold out. So we chose another one, something neither of us really wanted to watch but whatever. At least we were together right. We bought popcorn and cola and as we stood in line I tripped and I lost my grip on the cola which fell to the floor and – man, a mess! I dropped the popcorn as well, they flew towards Key and there were popcorn everywhere.” Jonghyun laughed out loud at the memory of Key covered with popcorn. Key rolled his eyes. 

“So you spilled our popcorn all over me,” Key said but Jonghyun shushed him. 

“Ssh, ssh, I’m telling this story, okay?” Key rolled his eyes once again for the third time (or maybe more?) during the short video they had already filmed. “So it was already kind of disastrous but we watched the movie and it was so boring. Really. When we got up from the seats we bumped our heads and it was really stupid and it hurt a lot. And this is really cliché but it was pouring rain when we exited the cinema and we, of course, didn’t have an umbrella. Which in retrospect was really stupid considering it was July. Anyway, we ran to the metro and on our way down the stairs I slipped – I swear I’m not this clumsy normally - ” Key nodded silently beside him to tell his viewers that yes, Jonghyun was definitely this clumsy normally, while Jonghyun talked animatedly about their first date. “I slipped and I grabbed Key's sleeve and we both fell on the stairs, both soaked and sitting there. It was quite pathetic. Oh well, then the metro leaves, we see it leave right in front of us and we just then decided to go eat something. In the end we went to a convenience store to buy ramyun. Key burned his tongue on the ramyun when we ate and we were both really soaked, drenched to the bone. On our way home Key shouted to the sky and he sounded so frustrated like nothing could make it any worse, so I started laughing because our first date had been really pathetic. I was walking Key home even though it was he who had asked me out on a date and when we were close to his home, he slipped in a water puddle and fell. I tried really hard not to laugh, but he seemed pretty pissed. I’m not sure how I found myself on a second date after that failure.” When Jonghyun looked at Key it was with a fondness in his eyes and a smile on his lips. “But I’m glad I did.” Key pushed his shoulder a little, trying to fight the blush creeping onto his neck and towards his cheek. 

“Now you’re just being cheesy!” Jonghyun smirked at that. 

“Maybe.” he said and Key sighed and looked towards the camera.
“Now you guys know what not to do on a first date!” Jonghyun laughed a little and smiled to the camera. “Next question, please!” He was growing rather fond of this, his earlier fatigue gone. 

“Okay, question number 3! Oh, I’m looking forward to hearing this!” Key smiled and looked at Jonghyun. “What were your first impression of me?” Jonghyun smiled knowingly. 

“Annoying prick with a lot of money to burn and a seriously bad hair style.” Key slapped his shoulder while he exclaimed a ‘hey!’ Jonghyun just pecked his lips but Key feigned hurt and Jonghyun was about to laugh again, when the other decided to pout and question him. 

“Why?” He sounded so pitiful but at the same time it was so hilarious and Jonghyun let out a snort before turning serious. He grabbed Key's hand from the bed and started playing with his fingers while he looked into the camera. 

“You were giving me a lot of work because you constantly requested for me specifically and your beauty couldn’t really make it a plus when I was busy as during those days.” Key smiled, a little apologetically but not enough for the camera to catch. Jonghyun lifted his hand and kissed his knuckles. “Sorry babe, but it’s true. You were annoying at first.” Key rolled his eyes but then turned to look at Jonghyun with a softened gaze, no longer able to play hurt by his words. Maybe he had gone a bit overboard but he had wanted Jonghyun's attention and he sure had it in the end. They smiled at each other and then at the camera, words unsaid between them when Key reached for his paper with the questions written on them with one hand, letting Jonghyun continue playing with his fingers on the other. 

“Question number 4! When did you meet the family?” Key smiled and Jonghyun groaned at the question, letting go of Key's hand and hiding himself behind Key. “Come on baby, tell them the answer.” The blond boy behind him said nothing and only tried hiding more. 

“This is so embarrassing!” he said, voice muffled in the sheets. 

“Okay, I’ll tell them.” Key said with a smirk and he nodded to the camera, mouthing a ‘he was so ed’ and pointed towards the lower body that was sticking out from behind him. “Jonghyun had been sleeping over in my apartment and my mother had decided to visit unannounced, so when she and my dad rang the doorbell I kicked Jonghyun out of bed to open the door, because everyone knew we were together and nobody really cared. Well, except for my parents so Jonghyun stood there with his messy bed hair and in his boxer briefs and saw my parents for the first time and they seemed utterly shocked. He left the door without bowing or greeting them, he just turned around and went back to the bedroom to bury himself in the sheets, I swear it was so funny. I got up and got dressed and greeted my parents in the doorway. He got dressed, but the atmosphere in the kitchen was so awkward when he re-entered and greeted my parents, this time properly. My mother still shudders at the memory.” Key then laughed out loud and Jonghyun whimpered behind him. 

“It was so embarrassing!” he whined again. Key eventually got him up from his hiding place and pecked his lips. 

“It’s okay, sweety, it’s okay.” Jonghyun was certain there was no way he was ever going to be fully accepted within Key's family after that encounter. He put his head on Key's shoulder while Key calmed down after laughing. 

“Number 5, do I have any weird obsessions, if so – what?” Jonghyun looked at him from where his head was lying on his shoulder. 

“Do you have any weird obsessions?” Key nodded and turned to smile down at his boyfriend before looking into the camera again. “You have a really weird obsession with hair color,” the hair dresser said and Key sighed. 

“Really Jjong? You’re going to talk about hair?” Jonghyun eyed him from his position. 

“No, I talk about hair all day. It’s not my fault I have to answer truthfully to the questions and you have a weird obsession with hair colors. I think I dyed your hair every color available on the planet.” Key huffed and crossed his arms but Jonghyun got a glint in his eyes and continued. “Although you have that weird obsession when you get horn…” His voice was muffled when Key clasped his hand over his mouth in order to shut him up. Jonghyun struggled a little to get Key to release him but eventually he gave up when Key's gaze said ‘shut up, we keep that to ourselves’. When Key released him he just shrugged and smiled to the camera. “Oh, nothing really. Key’s a wonderful boyfriend.” Key snorted at that. 

“Okay, moving on guys, I don’t have weird obsessions with hair color, Jjong's lying. Next question is how long have we been together.” 

“2375 days,” Jonghyun answered without even thinking, still looking at the camera. Key blinked surprised and stared at his boyfriend. 

“How on earth did you…?” Jonghyun raised his head from its position on Key's shoulder and smiled to the camera before turning towards Key. 

“What? It’s been around 6 and a half year, right?” Key was still baffled. 

“You’re so old,” he said instead and Jonghyun pouted, widening his eyes. 

“Meanie! I’m only 27!” Key ignored him and looked into the camera again. 

“I don’t know how he calculated that, but we’ve been together for around 6 and a half year, yeah.” Key continued on to the next question, leaving Jonghyun on the bed with his pouty lips and wide puppy eyes. 

“Do you have a tradition with your boyfriend?” he asked and turned towards Jonghyun, only to give a resigned sigh and kiss his pouting lips quickly. “Come on, Jjong.” Jonghyun returned his attention to the camera and smiled a little. 

“A tradition, you ask? Do you want the romantic one or the other one?” he asked his boyfriend and Key blushed a little at the question. 

“The romantic one,” he answered in a whisper and Jonghyun nodded. 

“Okay, so I guess a tradition is going to the cinema every July on a rainy day?” Key nodded, cheeks still a little flushed and Jonghyun pecked his cheek before smiling to the camera again. He didn’t say more because every tradition he and Key had somehow ended with them very and he wasn’t sure Key wanted his subscribers to know exactly that. 

“Question number 8, what was our first roadtrip?” They looked at each other and Jonghyun pouted once again before he turned to the camera. 

“He never took me on a roadtrip guys, isn’t he such a meanie! Scold him for me please!” Key put his hand in front of his face, obscuring the image of Jonghyun's pouty face in the camera. 

“Don’t listen to him! If you guys have any ideas for a road trip we could take, please comment below and let us know, okay?” He removed his hand when Jonghyun was no longer pouting, wondering where his subscribers wanted them to go. Maybe they should go on a roadtrip. Key was about to read the ninth question out loud, when they got interrupted by growling from the living room. Key bolted out to stop the puppies from ruining something or getting into a fight and Jonghyun sighed, staring into the camera. He got up and got closer to the camera, sticking his face close to the lens so it was only showing his face. 

“If he’s going to edit this, he’ll probably cut this out, but I just wanted to say that I love him a lot and that he makes me the happiest person alive.” He smiled and got back onto the bed just as Key entered the bedroom again, this time with a puppy in his hands. 

“Here,” he said and handed Jonghyun the brown toy poodle and smiled at the camera, which was still recording. “Okay, next question is what was the first thing you noticed about me?” Key smiled expectantly to the other and Jonghyun, who was cuddling the puppy, seemed deep in thought at the question. 

“Your stunning beauty?” he tried and Key shook his head. 

“No, be specific.” The first thing Jonghyun had noticed about Key – Jonghyun didn’t even know himself. 

“I think, if your overall stunning beauty doesn’t count, that the first thing I noticed was your facial structure and the self-confidence you were radiating.” He looked at Key, hoping the answer was okay and was surprised when Key suddenly kissed him. His lips were as smooth as usual and the kiss was slow, but grateful and Jonghyun first let go when the puppy in his lap squirmed, trying to get free. He smiled as he let go. 

“Be nice Commes Des!” he shouted after the puppy and Key returned to the camera, trying not be affected by the intimate kiss they had just shared on camera. 

“What is my favorite restaurant?” Key read from the question sheet and Jonghyun shrugged. 

“I don’t know?” Key let out a bark of laughter at that. 

“What kind of boyfriend are you?” he chuckled and Jonghyun shook his head. 

“Dammit, no, but I know you prefer homecooked meals because of your diet, so we hardly never go out to eat anyway, how would I know your favorite restaurant?” Jonghyun defended himself but Key just smiled wide at the camera. “Care to tell me?” Jonghyun asked and the other shook his head, mischievous glint in his eyes. 

“Nope, you will probably figure it out someday.” At that he quickly took the paper and showed it to the camera. 

“That was the first 10 questions guys! I see we’re talking a lot, so I think I’ll split this video up in two when we reach question number 15!” Jonghyun sighed a little, beginning to feel tired again although it was only 7 pm. He was a little hungry as well, because he didn’t get to eat anything before Key had dragged him into the bedroom to record. The news of splitting the video up into two parts seemed really appealing to him now. “Question number 11,” Key read. “What do we argue about the most?” That had both of them thinking. They were looking at each other, gaze locked but neither spoke a word. They didn’t argue often and when they did argue it seemed like really petty things. Jonghyun turned to look at the camera and smiled a little. 

“I think, what we argue about the most is jealousy. I know this sounds really bad though, but don’t think of it as bad. It’s actually quite ridiculous but we tend to get jealous at the dogs whenever they’re with the other. I mean, Key gets really jealous when I’m playing with the kids,” Key nudged him in the side. “- puppies, and he’s cooking because I usually backhug him until he asks me to leave. But if I don’t I have to make it up to him with a kiss. And I get kinda jealous when he doesn’t greet me when I come home because he’s playing with the ki-puppies. It’s really not a big deal though, just light hearted arguments.” Key nodded, thoughtfully. 

“Or when Jonghyun doesn’t help with the daily chores, we might argue about that as well.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes this time. 

“You make it sound as if we’re an old married couple.” At that Key just smiled and continued on to read the next question. 

“12! Who wears the pants in the relationship?” He didn’t even get to sigh before Jonghyun had bolted out a “me!” Key laughed and Jonghyun huffed and pushed him a little on the bed, trying to make him stop. 

“What’s the laugh supposed to mean? I do!” Jonghyun turned towards the camera and smirked into the lens. “I do, I wear the pants in this relationship,” and then he winked and Key thought he could have died at that exact moment, a red color creeping onto his cheeks which was not from laughing mere seconds ago. 

“Jerk,” he muttered and Jonghyun beamed. 

“Read the next question.” 

“If I am watching TV, what am I watching?” Key read and Jonghyun bit his lower lip while he thought of it. 

“Hmmm, I would say you are either watching a drama or some music show to check out idols fashion. Or, if it’s fashion week somewhere in the world, that’s all you watch. It’s quite disturbing actually in those weeks.” Key rolled his eyes at Jonghyun's answer but then nodded because it was after all correct. 

“True, you know me so well.” He smiled genuinely and Jonghyun started laughing at that. 

“Thanks for the praise boyfriend, I’m glad to know that I know you.” Key joined in on Jonghyun's laughter at that and they fell back on the bed. When they calmed down and only a low chuckle was heard, Key turned to watch Jonghyun and lock their lips together. It was sweet at first, lips against lips and nothing more than a sweet press of affection between the two of them. When Key's hand found its way into Jonghyun's hair however, the kiss changed from sweet and almost innocent to passionate and soon hands were touching bodies, tongues tangled and lips molded perfectly against each other. When they let go, breathless, Key had ruffled Jonghyun's blond hair and Jonghyun had his hands on Key's chest. It wasn’t until Jonghyun was about to lift Key's shirt over his head, that Key remembered the little red dot on the camera, still recording and he pulled away, looking rather mortified. 

“I guess I’ll have to cut the video!” he whispered to his boyfriend and Jonghyun laughed, remembering too, before he sat up and tried to get his blond hair under control again after Key's fingers had messed it up. Their lips were a little swollen, but nothing too visible on camera and Jonghyun pressed a short kiss to Key's lips before they went on to the next question. “Okay, question number 14. What is one food I do not like?” Key side-eyed Jonghyun before he looked in the camera again and Jonghyun put his head on Key's shoulder and rested. He started playing with Key's fingers again for the second time before he sat up abruptly. 

“Carrots! You hate carrots!” There were quiet in the seconds afterwards before Key shrugged. 

“Okay, that’s true, I’m not a fan of those orange sticks.” Jonghyun fist-bumped the air and smiled wide, making Key smile as well. Jonghyun's stomach growled as he said “last question for today!” He was really starting to get hungry and he knew Key would probably be a darling and make him some food when they were done. 

“Yes! Okay, last question for today,” Key repeated and continued. “What drink do I order when we go out to eat?” Jonghyun wasn’t hesitating on this either, when he answered “wine, normally red but sometimes white.” He got up before Key and left the room to rummage in the kitchen, puppies following him in the hopes of getting something delicious and Key got up to stop the recording. He had some editing to do (aka cut out their heated kiss and the long period of time where he had left to go get Commes Des) but for now, he’d better go out and fetch his boyfriend a proper meal. When he got in the kitchen Jonghyun was lying over the kitchen counter, head hidden in his hands and face planted down onto the counter. The three puppies were lapping up what seemed to be soup on the floor with wagging tails and Key's heart softened at the sight. 

“I’m such a failure,” the other mumbled and Key went to put his arms around his waist, standing close and leaning down onto his boyfriend's back as well. 

“No, you’re not. I love you.”